Status On Siam City Fitness Gym Move?

mrdome

[There is one thread on this topic if you search back but it doesn't let me add.]

Like several of you I was a member of the City Fitness gym next to the Dusit Thani Hotel. And then it closed and now the equipment just collects dust there.

I went to Empire tower testerday myself since that is where I was told in December at the gym they were moving to. The ladies there were quite in agreement that they don't have a gym there and neither will they have a gym there in the future, not City Fitness nor any other.

Now it's not like I have never received wrong answers in Thailand before... :o but with the evidence of the shut down and unmoved gym, they are right so far.

1. Does anyone know more in this matter (where & when)?

2. Does anyone have a recommendation where I could get a membership for two months at a reaonable price in a friendly gym at a location that is not too out of place?

Any help appreciated.

I'm the one who posted about the gym move, and no, I haven't exactly run over to see if they're open yet- I barely believed them when they said that's what they were doing. I wouldn't be surprised if:

1. It was just a ploy to keep the people who had already paid for long memberships quiet until they closed, or

2. They're tremendously late and the people you spoke with are typically ignorant and uninformed lackeys, or

3. They really did have a deal but it fell through.

God knows if/when we'll ever get membership credit anywhere for it- I'm certainly glad I didn't have any more than a month or so remaining. I imagine there might be a fair number of former members with a bigger axe to grind.

"Steven"

I think their fees are 3,000/month or 300/visit.

Who am I? Hi-so? I was paying 900 a month @ City Fitness.

Also, the work out space at Clark-Hatch Thaniya Plaza is too small for my liking.

Regarding City Fitness' "move". It's been my experience that planning is not something that Thai's are good at since it helps to have mastered Piaget's last stage -> non-abstract thinking: What would happen if... and if that led to... how might this affect... ?

I should get spanked for writing this, shouldn't I?

I should get spanked for writing this, shouldn't I?

Only if you REALLY want to...! :o

LOL

ChrisP

I have been known to take and give a spot of paddling. T'was for charity as well at the Folsom Street Fair.

And no, I'm not who you might think I am. :D

If it was 900 thb/m they were bound to run into trouble, (overhead, electricity, lease) maybe the california fitness factory is affordable? I m quite happy with Clark Hatch, good instructors, free classes, cute members :o

or you could jog/mass aerobic/tai chi in Lumpini and then work out in one of the open air weight lifting spots :D .

Edited by orchis

• 2 weeks later...

Yoooooohoooooooo we have some news!!

The old location is now empty. Signs at the door say to contact:

Balance Fitness Center, CMIC Tower A (Asoke), Tel. (02) 664-1591 & 664-4251-4

I shall check it out on Friday (Feb 18th).

Talk at 'cha later. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Yoooooohoooooooo we have some news!!

The old location is now empty. Signs at the door say to contact:

Balance Fitness Center, CMIC Tower A (Asoke), Tel. (02) 664-1591 & 664-4251-4

Just a small update--was just contacted by Balance Fitness today which is currently up and running at the location above (contact # above is correct also). They'll be more than happy to give you the remaining months left in your City Fitness membership--provided that you buy a one year membership with them first! Doesn't matter as I've already bought into a new membership elsewhere (as I'm sure most old CF members have as well), but I'd say this was QUITE poorly managed. Just politely told the staff member who contacted me yeah yeah I'll check it out sometime (not her fault, after all), but I'd seriously stay away from this place and its horrendously poor management--or at the very least, don't buy a long-term membership as I doubt they'll be around.

Good luck!