Worried About The Old Men On Thai Visa In This Heat

ajarnpim

It may be archaic in America to use whom, although in many ways american english is full of archaic English forms. In Australia it is still used, especially by people who have learn english as a second language and thus have learned sufficient grammar to distinguish between who and whom.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong about this, but I think that "whom" is no longer used.

You are wrong about it, dude. The term 'whom' was just used, by Peaceblondie, and I was asking a question about whether he had used it properly. :)

It's still used in Liverpool, I believe. The street urchins are often heard saying 'Whom are you looking at?'. :D

I recently heard an oddity of speech from my youth that I'd forgotten - 'yous' being the plural of 'you', as in "I'm goin' 'ome - wharrabout yous?'. 

If I ever said that, my father corrected me with the statement -

'Yous? Yous? Hughes (pronounced in the same way) plays for Liverpool! A reference to the late, great Emlyn 'Crazy Horse' Hughes.

Youssie or Yozzer to his mates!!  :D

Edited by chiangmaioldhand

I could be wrong about this, but I think that "whom" is no longer used.

You are wrong about it, dude. The term 'whom' was just used, by Peaceblondie, and I was asking a question about whether he had used it properly. :)

It's still used in Liverpool, I believe. The street urchins are often heard saying 'Whom are you looking at?'. :D

I recently heard an oddity of speech from my youth that I'd forgotten - 'yous' being the plural of 'you', as in "I'm goin' 'ome - wharrabout yous?'.

If I ever said that, my father corrected me with the statement -

'Yous? Yous? Hughes (pronounced in the same way) plays for Liverpool! A reference to the late, great Emlyn 'Crazy Horse' Hughes.

Youssie or Yozzer to his mates!! :D

Sounds like Pittsburg, PA. A west mifflin accent.

"You-ens" sounds as "youins"

( even I need a translator for them )