Other Beaches Than Jomtien?

filipef

In 2008, I went for the first time to Pattaya. I was aware the beach in Pattaya was not good, but i was told Jomtien beach was good enough. Well, I found it a little better, but I'm still lokking for even better.

Now, some people talk to me about Naklua Beach and about Wang Amat beach, so i have some questions:

1- What kind of beaches are they? Quiet or Crowded? Safe?

2- Do they have restaurants or similar places there, where I can eat and drink?

3- Is it possible to go there using the baht bus? If not, how would it cost me, daily, to rent a motorbike?

4- If i stay in South Pattaya, how far i am from Naklua or Wang Amat? How long does it take me to get there?

Thanks.

In 2008, I went for the first time to Pattaya. I was aware the beach in Pattaya was not good, but i was told Jomtien beach was good enough. Well, I found it a little better, but I'm still lokking for even better.

Now, some people talk to me about Naklua Beach and about Wang Amat beach, so i have some questions:

1- What kind of beaches are they? Quiet or Crowded? Safe?

2- Do they have restaurants or similar places there, where I can eat and drink?

3- Is it possible to go there using the baht bus? If not, how would it cost me, daily, to rent a motorbike?

4- If i stay in South Pattaya, how far i am from Naklua or Wang Amat? How long does it take me to get there?

Thanks.

I recommend Wongamat Beach. I go there regularly when the weather is best and not too hot: (October-March).

I get Mrs. Barrett to drive me to Naklua, then take a left down Soi 16 and find a place to park at the end. Then walk past a high Condo unit for 25 yards and you will see a sloping back-passage that leads to the beach.

On the Beach there are the usual umbrellas and chairs (free) for people buying cold beers (me) (waiter service) and enjoy a clean beach with water that looks good, but still not recommended for other than a paddle. Enjoy! You can get basic meals as well!

If you are feeling like traveling a little more, head to Ban Amphur, Bang Saray or Ban Chang beaches, all south of Pattaya and easily accesible from Sukhumvit, believe me - the small journey is well worth it!

What about the beaches facing west, not far from Sattahip? Especially the two very attractive looking big sandy bays. Are they as nice as they look in the satellite photo?

post-51556-1241848602_thumb.jpg

Or for a 20 baht - 45 minute Boat ride, you could go to the island Koh Larn. I went last week, (for the 6th time) and now the Boat drops off right at the white sandy beach - it use to drop off at the other side of the Island, and we had to get motorcycle. Its a lovely day out, and close to Pattaya. The water was very clean and very warm.

If you go to the topof the Jomptien tower you can see the beach stretch south for as far as the eye can see. Just pick a side road and go in anywhere. But, I personally agree with Pattaya girl on Koh Larn Island. Everything about the island is better and the water is cleaner. And, it is so close you don't need to drive far. If you rent a scooter for the day you can explore the whole island and all its beaches.

If you go to the topof the Jomptien tower you can see the beach stretch south for as far as the eye can see. Just pick a side road and go in anywhere. But, I personally agree with Pattaya girl on Koh Larn Island. Everything about the island is better and the water is cleaner. And, it is so close you don't need to drive far. If you rent a scooter for the day you can explore the whole island and all its beaches.

And if you want to go home, there are Boats back every Hour.

Or for a 20 baht - 45 minute Boat ride, you could go to the island Koh Larn. I went last week, (for the 6th time) and now the Boat drops off right at the white sandy beach - it use to drop off at the other side of the Island, and we had to get motorcycle. Its a lovely day out, and close to Pattaya. The water was very clean and very warm.

A very interesting remark :D

Do you have to ask first for one boat to the Beach or one to the Village ?

I do think that motorbikes mafia and private boats at 150 baht must not be very happy with this change... :)

A very interesting remark :D

Do you have to ask first for one boat to the Beach or one to the Village ?

I do think that motorbikes mafia and private boats at 150 baht must not be very happy with this change... :)

I think all of the Boats drop off and pick up directly at the Beach now, BUT after 3pm, it finishes, and if you go back later you have to get a Baht Bus for 20bt to the other side like before.

This is the view of the main beach area on Koh Larn from the top of the hill (taken 10 years ago)...

Kung_at_Ko_Lan_1_Em.jpg

The beaches beyond were an adventure getting to. Now there are paved roads and board walks connecting the different beaches.

Jomptien_2008_013.jpg

The main beach is best for little children and people who can't swim

Boon_at_main_beach.jpg

The rocky points are better for finding fish and snorkling

Boon_at_Koh_Larn_1.sized.jpg

What about the beaches facing west, not far from Sattahip? Especially the two very attractive looking big sandy bays. Are they as nice as they look in the satellite photo?

The only problem with a lot of the beach area close to Sattahip is they are controlled by the Thai Navy / millitary, and consequently us farangs are not allowed in, shame!! :)

The only problem with a lot of the beach area close to Sattahip is they are controlled by the Thai Navy / millitary, and consequently us farangs are not allowed in, shame!! :)

Indeed a shame, if they are as nice as they look from 10 km up! I believe that the Navy controls the island, too, Koh Kram is it? Can you take a boat out there, or is it off-limits to farangs? Any nice, quiet beaches away from the Pattaya hustle and bustle there?