How Much Cash Is On You Right This Minute?

DJ Pat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep bank of scotland for £100 note

it's legal british tender but u should see english peeps faces when u hand them one-they either think it's monopoly money or u've just printed it :o

All correct. :D

The £100 note I carry was issued by the Royal Bank of Scotland and indeed the Bank of S. also does them as well as the £1 pound notes.(paper)

Yes, the Royal Bank and the Bank of Scotland issue £100 notes, but they are NOT officially legal tender. (Only Bank of England notes are officially legal tender south of the border, and no notes are officially legal tender in Scotland - not Bank of England, or Bank of Scotland, anything... The only "proper" legal tender in Scotland is coins.)

Don't worry about it - banks take them, after all, it's not like RBS is a small operation... The only other country (that I know of) where the banks print their own notes is Hong Kong...

(In response to the thread - I wear shorts when I'm on the computer, and my wallet's in my jeans pocket, so I've got no money on me, although I have spotted a 5 baht coin next to the monitor...)