Pattaya Go-go-girls On Strike

Asianrider

this weeks Pattaya People reports on page 19 that girls in Coyote A GO-GO are up in arms about broken promises for unpaid wages. They went to air their grievances down the police station. My advice would be to check your change carefully if having a drink there - sounds like times are hard !

This is really getting interesting ..

Just imagine a Pattaya wide go go strike.

The world would ... yawn.

I gues they are wising up to the fact that they own the means of ... seduction.

Edited by Jingthing

Picket a go go.

Reminds me of the miners strike in the early 80,s in the UK.

The reason for no apprenticeships........job seekers allowance?

I do like the idea of the "on the job training" approach as an alternative!

Well I had to do it in a Plant hire company in Sheffield in the 80,s.

:D

As much as we mock ,our brothers and sisters are faced with the reality of a very bad deal :)

Edited by soihok

The report states that the girls are fed up and have downed tools due to unpaid wages.

What tools would they have downed? :D

..The spanners that go to watch them. :)

all the guys should stop going into gogo bars until they sell reasonable price drink.I for one would not miss the gogo bars in Walking St with all the tourists there,pretending they are rich,fondling the girls,nothing worse in my eyes.

Didn't frequent this particular establishment myself, but i see other similar one's that employ a lot of male staff, as DJ's, doorstaff, etc surprised they didn't take more direct action against owners. Trooping down police station to file a complaint seems very civilised and unThai like.

all the guys should stop going into gogo bars until they sell reasonable price drink.I for one would not miss the gogo bars in Walking St with all the tourists there,pretending they are rich,fondling the girls,nothing worse in my eyes.

Come on pat, you 'would not miss the gogo bars' but you think they should be boycotted until 'they sell reasonable price drink'. So, if the drink prices came down, would you be a regular punter again? Or would the pseudo rich groping guys still be a turn off? Kinda goes with the territory IMHO.

I recall a Pattaya newbie encouraging me to come with him to the Coyote where we met the owner and were comped drinks and given free copies of that nightlife magazine that had just come out. I thought back then, "he's not gonna make it."

Please be advised, any one reading this thread who follows this link to the PattayaONe News article will get a virus!

17/05/2009 15:16:50 http://www.pattayapeople.com/favicons/144.ico, Internet Explorer Detected: HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer

This means that the website is actually embedded with a trojan horse, meant to get in to your computer for whatever reason, obviously bad.

It does this through embedding an iframe, which is a HTML code element. As it is an iframe, it may not be the actual site that is infected, but it may be that someone exploited the comment system and managed to embed an iframe with the trojan in it. Either way, avoid the site if you can, if not, make the web administrator aware of it if you can.

Chris

Edited by lor