Bbc "prime Time"?

jayenram

You are viewing the schedules in local Thailand time (GMT +6)

SCHEDULE FOR 02 FEBRUARY 2005

programme time

MURDER IN MIND (Zh) - I'll live with it - but only when slightly under the influece

KEEPING UP APPEARANCES (Zh) - Yes

BLACKADDER II (Zh) - Bloody marvelous, but don't I remember previously paying Bht 5,000 / year for this in England?

HAPPINESS (Zh) - No idea

THE WEAKEST LINK - I've seen funnier Iraq tortures than this

CASUALTY - Mmmmm

DOCTORS - Mmmm, also

READY STEADY COOK

The cookery show in which two top chefs battle it out against the clock, creating delicious dishes f... more > Please explain the f...... to me

BIG STRONG BOYS (Zh) - I don't have the slightest clue.

THE BEST (Zh) - Could be handy. Put it alongside Khoy Teaow

GROUND FORCE (Zh)

Gardens are secretly transformed in this surprise garden make-over series. Presented by Alan Titchma.... In Thailand??

BALLYKISSANGEL (Zh) - Maybe? I'll give it a try.

THE WEAKEST LINK

CASUALTY

DOCTORS

READY STEADY COOK

BIG STRONG BOYS (Zh)

THE BEST (Zh)

And so it goes on....

Don't think I'll be paying any extra!

:o

Sadly I have learn't enough Thai to understand the stuff on Free to Air.

Try watching a game show here, I would rather be in "The Hot Seat" in Iraq then in my armchair here watching local game shows.

Sadly I have learn't enough Thai to understand the stuff on Free to Air.

Try watching a game show here, I would rather be in "The Hot Seat" in Iraq then in my armchair here watching local game shows.

Yeah but you get questions like which is stronger XXX or XXXX

I think it looks ok so far, from the shorts Ive seen you also get: Only Fools and Horses, Black Adder, Absolutely Fabulous, Porridge, Open All Hours, Top Of the Pops, Fawlty Towers..........

I havent seen many of these shows for years, so 2000 baht seems ok to me.

Star World also has a few goodens as well.

Is BBC Prime only  on UBC ?

I don't get UBC, but I can get BBC World just by tuning in my television to the right frequency.

BBC world and BBC prime are two different channels. No, you can't get BBC world through your aerial, but it is free to air on a few satellites above Thailand - you just have to install a massive 8ft dish and decoder to get it. :o

I'm sure that modern technology will allow this to be done; sign on to UBC for only the channels you wish to have available. Given that the new platinum package offers around 40 "farrang" channels, that would make each one a cost of Bht 50.00 per month.

I would settle for the following:

The film channels - just in case they are running one I haven't seen (5)

The knowledge channels (4)

ESPN and Star Sports (2)

BBC World (1)

BBC Prime - since my earlier complaint, I've watched quite a bit during the prohibition hours and, except for the seemingly endless repeats, it is pretty good up to now (1)

That would make my "selected package" of 13 channels a monthly fee of Bht 650.00, i.e. saving a total of 4 cases of *chang*.

I watched UBC series yesterday, Arrested development followed by the Simpsons followed by The Apprentice - all good. Plus UBC series has the West Wing on Tuesdays at 10pm and Drew Carey.

BBC Prime has, amongst the others already mentioned, Parky and Shooting stars, Parky is like a nice pair of slippers and it's always a pleasure to watch Vic n Bob.

That star world series channel also has Dog the bounty hunter which reminded me of many of my family members - except for the bounty hunting bit. It breaks my heart to say it but I really got into American Idol too...I always assumed it would be a cold day in helll before I enjoyed any of that malarky, but there you go.

Will I buy the package? naaaaah, too many gay chef's for my liking and too much bother trying to get UBC to do anything other than send me one bill a month, anything else might confuse them and I could end up watching Russian cartoons

Although fingers crossed the free viewing doesn't get scrambled before Wednesday and Thursday as American Idol has it's first Hollywood auditions :o

I don't get it!!

Why would you want to be in LOS watching this stuff? Agree you would not want to be watching C3,5,7,11..Are you all homesick?? World events..Taffy beating St George at Wriggly OK or St.George bashing the Boks....but The Vicar of Dibley...Or are you all TV citizens of the world..ah maybe that is it...Oz TV..US TV..SA TV...?? CNN, TV5...all better?

I don't get it!!

Why would you want to be in LOS watching this stuff? Agree you would not want to be watching C3,5,7,11..Are you all homesick?? World events..Taffy beating St George at Wriggly OK or St.George bashing the Boks....but The Vicar of Dibley...Or are you all TV citizens of the world..ah maybe that is it...Oz TV..US TV..SA TV...?? CNN, TV5...all better?

I can't think of anything more relaxing after a hard day at work, than lying in bed watching one or two of my favourite T.V. programmes to unwind. Last night it was My Hero followed by Fawlty Towers. At the Pub, BBC World is on most of the time,so it's a change to get away from the doom & gloom of everyday life. 'Get a life' I hear you saying....................I've had one