Having To Wait 3 Months For A Honda?

Questions:

1. The dealer told me that they have 1 Civic, 1 CRV, 1 CITY in stock...none of which in a color or type that I want... To order will take somewhere between 1-3 month depending on what you want.... Why is it to their advantage to operate this way?

2. The dealer told me that if I go to another Honda dealer, that they will give me the exact same quotes in regards to stock... Is that true?

3. Does anyone else feel like the 2009 Honda's steering wheels are very small?

4. Anyone with their ear to the ground on what kind of discount to push for (%wise, paying all CASH, free Insurance)? I am impatient and thus terrible at negotiating.

I month maybe, but 3 seems excessive. I would check with another dealer. I just bought a Civic and was given some freebies (window film, car cover, trunk liner, etc) but no free insurance. They said free insurance for CRV or Accord only.

It does appear that the wheel is small, but functionally it is very nice to drive......IMHO

the most expensive Civic model, not until July they said.. I don't know if that's July 1 or 31... So different dealers have different stock, or they can just make sure they get first grab on cars being put together? Thx.

A couple of years ago it was no problem getting prompt delivery. At that time a few days to a week was the norm (Honda). Ran across this article though it relates to Australia it could reflect what is happening here too. Honda Thailand problems

I plan on ordering the Civic in a few weeks so perhaps I should check delivery schedule and order sooner.

I went yesterday to a Honda dealer, and they told me 3 months for a CRV.

Start calling dealers in Bkk. Someone always have something up their sleeve for cash buyers. Phonenumbers honda.co.th

i searched that site through and through but could not find dealer listings. the toyota site is much better than hondas.

I went yesterday to a Honda dealer, and they told me 3 months for a CRV.

Start calling dealers in Bkk. Someone always have something up their sleeve for cash buyers. Phonenumbers honda.co.th

i searched that site through and through but could not find dealer listings. the toyota site is much better than hondas.

Next trick

Go to a dealer. Find a male senior salesperson. Offer him 10.000 baht to find your desired car in 5 days. He will succeed.

When I was looking for Civic, I was told 1 month or 2 months, whatever. When I told them this was impossible and I needed it now, the chap made a few phone calls, I assume to other dealers and found a Civic that someone had cancelled that was available straight away.

Is this the same for an accord?

Hi Steelepulse

Same for an Accord. Neither Honda or Toyota manufactor cars for stock in LOS, only what the dealers have ordered. In Phuket I told the salesperson I wanted the showroom car after the quote was completed (free film, wax, rustsparay etc), or no sale. I got it next day.

None of you guys buying Civics worried about imminent changes? Not that i've heard anything but i just would have thought the Civic was due for a face-lift. Seems about time. No?

The 2009 model civic is a face lifted model from the previous (2008 and earlier models) and why I planned on buying one now. Front and rear tail section are now different.

The problem is because of Motor Show - they make a lot of sales during that days

I bought my Civic one year ago. The dealer said that for the top model and white color I have to wait about 3 months but in reality I get the car in 3 weeks

I recieved my civic and accord within a week of ordering. both times I was told to wait 3 months and both times I said cannot wait, so I will go to Toyota and hey presto!!!!! they found a car for me in the style and colour I wanted. I am way to impatient to wait for things like a car.

I got the following offer on a new Honda City, the top model.

No discount on the price. Free Registration.

The following freebees, what did I miss?

Trunk Tray

Window Film

Car Cover

Mats

Back Sensors

Anti Rust

Wax

Trunk Liner

Then to get leather seats I was told that I could pay him 10,000 baht off the records and he would get it done for me, otherwise I would have to pay 19,000 on the Honda Invoice...

Opinions?

Am also in the market for a Civic or Accord. Why not wait to order in Aug or Sept and get a 2010 year model as I presume production on 2010's begins in Sept/Oct as in the rest of the world.

Perhaps a chance to get some new improved features on the next year model.

Am also in the market for a Civic or Accord. Why not wait to order in Aug or Sept and get a 2010 year model as I presume production on 2010's begins in Sept/Oct as in the rest of the world.

In LOS modelyear is normally 01 jan-des 31. The 10th digit in VIN code which states modelyear in most countries is normally a '0' here.

Any modelchange is often presented at the Motorshows in Bangkok, March and December. :)

In LOS modelyear is normally 01 jan-des 31.

Correct. The US does release in Aug-Sep but Thailand releases at the beginning of the year. I didn't see a 2009 Civic on the road in Chiangmai until around March.

Never depend on one dealer.

Try and contact a dealer that is on the other side of town, because some dealers have regional sales which limit their options.

All honda dealers are different. Some are privately owned, some are even owned by Honda like the one in Bang-Na.

If they really want to sell a car they can find one for you. Freebies are very little. Usually free window tinting, reverse sensors and a honda suitcase(bag).

Yes most dealers have very little stock. But they can usually get you a car within 2 weels to 1 month.

It not like in the US where a dealer like ford or GM has 100 of cars on the lot.

None of you guys buying Civics worried about imminent changes? Not that i've heard anything but i just would have thought the Civic was due for a face-lift. Seems about time. No?

The 2009 model civic is a face lifted model from the previous (2008 and earlier models) and why I planned on buying one now. Front and rear tail section are now different.

IC. Changes must be minimal as i can't say i'd noticed. Wonder when an all new Civic is due? Can't be more than a year or so i reckon. Bit too long to wait if you want one now i guess - but for me it would give me pause.

I ordered a Honda Jazz on 6 April and told to expect delivery the first week of June. We ordered during the Auto Show and got quite a few freebies including first year insurance free. The dealer in Minburi had a couple in stock for immediate delivery but they weren't the color we wanted so decided to wait.

I ordered a Honda Jazz on 6 April and told to expect delivery the first week of June. We ordered during the Auto Show and got quite a few freebies including first year insurance free. The dealer in Minburi had a couple in stock for immediate delivery but they weren't the color we wanted so decided to wait.

Yes, motorshow is good time to order. Manufactorer sponsor freebies such as insurance. But next one is december :)

In LOS modelyear is normally 01 jan-des 31. The 10th digit in VIN code which states modelyear in most countries is normally a '0' here.

Any modelchange is often presented at the Motorshows in Bangkok, March and December. :)

Thank you Katabeachbum and Tywais for the conformation. Very helpful info, and based on this I will order now.

Buying a car in Thailand is different than buying a car in the west. First you have to find a salesperson that will give you the same price they give Thai people. Depends on how much they really want to sell a car. I find that Toyota dealers are much more willing to deal than Honda Dealers. Pattaya is not a good place to purchase a new vehicle, as there are way too many foreigners, and they will not discount the prices too much. I live in Korat, and after going to several dealerships that told me I better go to Bangkok, because they are unable to give me the price I want. I found one dealer that was willing to give me Thai prices as it was the 26Th of the month, and yes they do have quotas. I bought a new Vios, and was able to obtain a 59,000 Baht discount with all options free. I bought the G model, and am very pleased with the car and performance. On the highway I get 17 kilometers to one litre of petrol, which is outstanding gas mileage. So shop around, especially now that car sales is really slow.

Barry