Ilr Question

hi all a friend off mine and his wife are getting divoice because she has been playing away from home, she has ilr but no uk passport, does that mine that ilr is granted because they are married and living as a family. And if they get divoiced her ilr will be stopped? or she will be aloud to stay in the uk??????

pete

hi all a friend off mine and his wife are getting divoice because she has been playing away from home, she has ilr but no uk passport, does that mine that ilr is granted because they are married and living as a family. And if they get divoiced her ilr will be stopped? or she will be aloud to stay in the uk??????

pete

ILR stands for indefinete leave to remain, so as long as the thai lady does NOT spend more than two years outside of the UK in one go, then she is free to come and go as many times as she wishes to do so. She does not have to be married to a UK citizen any more and She has NO obligation whatso ever to remain with her ex if she does not want to. The UK passport would of only allowed her to travel to Europe with out the need to obtain shneng visa, So at the end of the day , she is home and dry, your :mate : can do diddle squat about it.

Edited by micky44

Just a quick after thought and im not saying your :mate: falls in to this group, ive seen so many British men get a young Thai girl, treat her like sh** all through the holiday, settlement, and ILR visa, and when the young lady gets ILR ,she runs a mile to be with some one who treats them as a person not some kind of trophy. Some one told me a long time ago, :thais have memorys like elephants they never forget; So next time we are perhaps a bit snappy, we should think on. They do not forget, do good most the time it comes back. but having said that if she is playing away, one would would have to ask ones self why ? what went wrong ? were there no signs ? I guess this is one of the pitfalls of marrying a girl half your own age !!! but just think of the happy times !!!!!!!!

a real funny one for you, a friend of mine fell out with his wife she had just got ilr he tried to send her back like something returning to argos because it wasnt working properly lol grow up they are human biengs and learn the western ways and language ten times faster than us falangs, treat them with respect and they will do the same