New House - Satellite Or Cable

pedro01

OK guys - see if you can help.

I'm moving into a new house soon, so I have the choice of putting in cable or satellite. I got a garden, so I don't have any restrictions on where I can point the dish.

Do I have to stick with UBC or can I point my dish at some other satellite & get more channels ?

I've noticed that when I stay in Hotels in Thailand, they have a completely different range of channels & for sure it ain't UBC.

Any advice would be appreciated...

OK guys - see if you can help.

I'm moving into a new house soon, so I have the choice of putting in cable or satellite. I got a garden, so I don't have any restrictions on where I can point the dish.

Do I have to stick with UBC or can I point my dish at some other satellite & get more channels ?

I've noticed that when I stay in Hotels in Thailand, they have a completely different range of channels & for sure it ain't UBC.

Any advice would be appreciated...

UBC you get to see what you want to see...........local cable network broadcasting UBC you get to see what they want you to see. Also in Surin the cable network is in Thai whereas with UBC you can choose your language. Don't know about other parts of the country though. Also with UBC you get dual language with Thai channels ie. 3,5,7,9,11 on certain programmes and most films

If you get cable, you can cancel the subscription, then get a pirate decoder box and watch UBC for free - just make sure you're out when the cable man comes to turn it off. My ex-girlfriends been doing for over three years.

Don't worry, i'm well protected ! :D

ZOVOX,

I dont think lampard10 was referring to you... :D

Read the forum rules... :o

I was in fact referring to everybody. I have been warned by one of Thai Forums longest members that the police etc reguarly read whats on it in the hope of discovering little gems like our friend has posted. :D

I was in fact referring to everybody. I have been warned...

Noted. :D

Maybe our mods or admin should remind us more often? :o

(It's not criticism or comments about mods.... dinkum guys! :D just a suggestion...)

Don't worry, i'm well protected ! :D

ZOVOX,

I dont think lampard10 was referring to you... :D

Read the forum rules... :o

I was in fact referring to everybody. I have been warned by one of Thai Forums longest members that the police etc reguarly read whats on it in the hope of discovering little gems like our friend has posted. :D

Trust me, the police - and many thai people - are well aware of these devices. It's like saying the police don't know about the pirate cds that are sold in Pantip :D I know the police in Thailand are useless, but they are not that <deleted> ! :D

"If you get cable, you can cancel the subscription, then get a pirate decoder box and watch UBC for free - just make sure you're out when the cable man comes to turn it off. My ex-girlfriends been doing for over three years."

I believe they call that steeling.

A very expensive way to watch TV in the long run.

"If you get cable, you can cancel the subscription, then get a pirate decoder box and watch UBC for free - just make sure you're out when the cable man comes to turn it off. My ex-girlfriends been doing for over three years."

I believe they call that steeling.

A very expensive way to watch TV in the long run.

Mate, this is Thailand !! just look at the number of counterfeit goods there are here, and half the MPs and Police are on the take - get real !!