Ss Stimilus $250 Payment

cigarchuck

Has anyone received the SS stimulus $250 payment or is it only for U.S. residents?

It is for everyone who receives (USA) Social Security (Except Children) and it will be delivered in the same manner as your normal payments are delivered but not combined with your normal payment.

Should receive payment before the end of May.

Has anyone received the SS stimulus $250 payment or is it only for U.S. residents?

It is for everyone who receives (USA) Social Security (Except Children) and it will be delivered in the same manner as your normal payments are delivered but not combined with your normal payment.

Thank you for the up-date. :)

Thank you for the up-date. :)

Sorry, but that answer is not totally correct. Per the SSA website: "Nearly 55 million Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries will receive a one-time payment of $250 each. To receive a payment, the beneficiary's address of record must be in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, or the Northern Mariana Islands."

So, if your "address of record" is here in Thailand, as mine is, you will NOT receive the stimulus payment. The concept of the package is to stimulate the US economy. Sending money to expats living in other countries doesn't do that.

See: http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cf...amp;p_topview=1

post-81660-1242143524.gif

BUT the $900.00 the Aussies get is even been paid to Backpackers who worked & filed Tax returns 07/08 . Lass in England was Interviewed by Oz paper last week. Don't think that will help the Oz economy but it helped her savings in the UK.

BUT the $900.00 the Aussies get is even been paid to Backpackers who worked & filed Tax returns 07/08 . Lass in England was Interviewed by Oz paper last week. Don't think that will help the Oz economy but it helped her savings in the UK.

and people undertaking training while working part time got it twice. Lucky buggers. I retired on 08/08/08 so I got mine.partytime2.gif