Residency Or Which Visa 4 Foreign Student In Thailand?

I'm living in Thailand since 12 years with my 2daughters.One of them is french nationality(French father),the other one is Thai & French.(Thai father with who I'm divorced now).

My "french"daughter is 15 years old and been studying here for 12 years since Kindergarten.She has non-O visa every year trough me,as I'm working as a Senior teacher.I 'm wondering if she can get a residency permit or similar as she's been studying in Thailand since kindergarten.

If not,what kind of visa can she get when she will be 18 years old as she will cannot get it through me anymore .

Thanks for ur advices...

The age limit is 20 years for you being able to get your child an extension of stay. So that gives you a couple of more years to work things out unless the rules change before then.

Their is not a catagory that you daughter fits into for getting permanent residency.

If you had or get it then she could apply for it.

For info on permanent residency see this webpage on immigrations website.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...?page=residence

The information may not be the most precise as to what is required but it will give you some idea.

As a student she could also qualify for a non-im Education visa.

She could qualify for this on her own without having to "piggy back" on your visa. Once she finishes hiogh school she could still qualify for this type of visa if she was attending university here.

This could tide her over until she graduates... after that she would be in the same boat as everyone else and would need to find a job paying her the slaary needed.

But this should get you through the next 7 yrs or longer if she also studies for a masters degree here.