Phuket Number Plate

Valentine

I have often fancied getting one of those special Phuket number plates for my car, the one with the pictorial background, but have always put it in the too hard or too expensive basket as I thought they were only available for special numbers & auctioned off. In the past few months I have noticed a couple of shops selling such number plates along with others like the bunny one.

My question is, are these legit? If so should the original plates be kept? I realise I would have to use the same number as is currently on my car.

The blue and green ones with special numbers are legit. Bring book, new plates and old plates to where vehicle is regisitered. They make a change in the computer and frontpage of book.

The bunny ones, or any other funny with original number are not legit. Max fine is 1.000 baht. Should keep the original ones in the trunk in case caught.

Edited by katabeachbum

The blue and green ones with special numbers are legit. Bring book, new plates and old plates to where vehicle is regisitered. They make a change in the computer and frontpage of book.

And Phuket DVLC keep your old plates. I assume that if you sell off the special plates or buy another vehicle, then the old plates will be returned to the original vehicle.

The bunny ones, or any other funny with original number are not legit. Max fine is 1.000 baht. Should keep the original ones in the trunk in case caught.

Wait, so I understand, Thai people are making their own license plates now! Ha! I never imagined such a thing!! Sure, why not?! LOL TIT!

Edited by Scubabuddha

Wait, so I understand, Thai people are making their own license plates now! Ha! I never imagined such a thing!! Sure, why not?! LOL TIT!

There is one shop across the road from the jail.

Anyway back to my original query & based on the replies I am now assuming the only legit plates are the ones originally issued with the vehicle or if you manage to get one of the blue green picturesque ones, with a special number, at a government sanctiioned auction. In other words it is not legal to have one of those shops produce plates with my numbers????

There is one shop across the road from the jail.

Anyway back to my original query & based on the replies I am now assuming the only legit plates are the ones originally issued with the vehicle or if you manage to get one of the blue green picturesque ones, with a special number, at a government sanctiioned auction. In other words it is not legal to have one of those shops produce plates with my numbers????

The blue green picturesque are for sale in some shops and I have seen ads in Phuket gazette. Or you wait for next auction, 10k-1mill.

Shop produced plates with your number is not legal, but....................................................max fine is 1.000 baht. Go to Saphan Hin sat night and look for original plates, there are none.