Hotmail Down For A Long Time Now

sendbaht

Yes, maybe a little old fashion but I still use (or did) hotmail as my main email account. Over the years it has worked great.

Now though it has been down all week. Can not enter.

I have opened a Gmail account but inside my hotmail account I have email address that are priceless.

Does anyone here still use hotmail? Is it working?

I even paid for the upgrade when my dues came due last month, silly me. :)

Sendbaht

Really? That is good news.

I googled "hotmail down" and some of the post were in May 2009 world wide. Saying the same thing as I am......

So now I am confussed. I've been confussed many times though.:)

You give me hope, thanks..

Yes, maybe a little old fashion but I still use (or did) hotmail as my main email account. Over the years it has worked great.

Now though it has been down all week. Can not enter.

I have opened a Gmail account but inside my hotmail account I have email address that are priceless.

Does anyone here still use hotmail? Is it working?

I even paid for the upgrade when my dues came due last month, silly me. :)

Sendbaht

:D Why not copy or transfer all your e-mail contact list to your gmail account. It is easy to do.

hotmail working fine this end as well, dont think its a hotmail issue

I am guessing.... but almost certainly the problem is with your own ISP's server or a block by Hotmail (possibly) against your isp's server. Try logging into any other country's Hotmail server, then input your login... I have done this on numerous occasions. For instance.... instead of browsing to www.hotmail.com, browse to www.hotmail.co.th. And, of course, there are other servers in other countries.

MSPain

hotmail working fine this end as well, dont think its a hotmail issue

I have had an occassion problem in accessing Hotmail when I left my machine on over night; rebooting corrected the problem. And I have had an occassion or two when complete internet access seemed to drop off but turning off my modem and then turning it on again for a new connection corrected that problem.

Hotmail has a lot of weaknesses, with one of them being bugs that cause hotmail to become incompatible with various browsers. Hotmail works for me with Firefox but not with Safari. Researching solutions I find none. Your only solution might be to change your browser or go to an internet cafe. Best path would be to stop using Hotmail (or any MS product for that matter!).

Better idea: ride with us out to Op Khan Falls on Friday and go for a swim to forget all your computer problems!

Hotmail was alright 10 years ago but is a spam magnet today and is slow to boot. It looks especially amateurish when people who have hotels and businesses use hotmail as a contact address. Do yourself a favour and transfer all your contacts over to Gmail when you next login and then just check it once in a while.

Firstly I use hotmail every day and it works perfectly fine and I do not receive spam nor is it any slower to boot than yahoo or gmail where I also have accounts.

Secondly, what a ridiculous statement....while I agree that a buiness should have it's own server please tell me why using hotmail is "amateurish" where as gmail or yahoo or any other free e-mail service is not?