What Happened To My Beer!

Well, blow me down with a feather!

Went to buy my usual few boxes of the Amber Nectar and the price has gone UP overnight! by FIFTEEN PERCENT! If I had known this, I would have ordered a transporter full.

What happened?

Suddenly one of my major living expenses has shot up, and I had been given expectations of DEFLATION!

Well, come on where is it? Everything I buy, from noodle soup to khao pat gai is hurtling upwards, maybe not always in price, but in the quantity on the plate, less rice and less meat.

But really, 15% and the shop blamed the government, apparently taxes have been increased on beer.

It's enough to drive one to drink even more.

Looks like a good time to learn how to make Thai Rice Swipe whiskey ........You know? Lao Tuan :)

What a great idea! Is there anyone out there who has the recipes and processes. Also for regular wine or beer made from any of the tons of LOS fruits etc.

Looks like a good time to learn how to make Thai Rice Swipe whiskey ........You know? Lao Tuan :)

What a great idea! Is there anyone out there who has the recipes and processes. Also for regular wine or beer made from any of the tons of LOS fruits etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may find that the manufacture of any alcoholic drink is illegal without proper licence or approval etc.

...and may even be frowned upon on a forum such as this................ :D

Have u ever tried Archer beer?

Surprisingly nice. One of the cheapest beers but ranks above Leo, Chang and probably Tiger, in my view.

Yes, one of my favourites. I have drunk well over a thousand litres of it....

(say at least 2 years and 3/day makes about 2,000 litres)

I don't like the taste of Leo, and Chang and Tiger give me headaches.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may find that the manufacture of any alcoholic drink is illegal without proper licence or approval etc.

...and may even be frowned upon on a forum such as this................ :D

Oh my Budha ! cut me some slack!......frown away and knock yourself out...I am not talking "Copper Head Road" here!

I will enjoy the day, and it will come, when everyone says enough with this places and relocates to Cambodia, Vietnam or somewhere else around here and Thailand is left holding it's arse.

I will enjoy the day, and it will come, when everyone says enough with this places and relocates to Cambodia, Vietnam or somewhere else around here and Thailand is left holding it's arse.

Put cigs up 11 baht will they! Let's move to Vietnam, that'll show 'em. Then they will not only miss out on the 11 baht, but the 49 as well! The Kingdom will soon lie in ruins and Abhisit will have to come to my house in Vietnam and apologize (to you too Tokay). "Oh I am so sorry Cocopops, please come back to Thailand again. We're all very sorry and all the Thai people are ready to serve you for subsistence wages. This will never happen again, we're all so very sorry."

Then he will cry and I will say "No Mr. Abhisit! I will not come back to Thailand! Because of your greed, the Thai people have lost the 49 B FOREVER! BWAHAHAHAHAHA".

Then Abhisit will have to (apparently, I don't quite understand this bit) hold his arse.

Yes I will enjoy that day too Tokay.

Have u ever tried Archer beer?

Surprisingly nice. One of the cheapest beers but ranks above Leo, Chang and probably Tiger, in my view.

Exactly ! I went to a Thai BBQ and that's all they had. Very nice, not too strong and a nice taste. It has actually gone DOWN in price from 19 baht a can to 18. Bargain! :) It is all I drink in the house now :D

But please spare a thought for those of us here in Viet Nam. Monday I had a 4 1/2 hour connection at Noi Bai international airport (Ha Noi) and so had a couple of beers as it was <deleted>' hot (and I was thirsty :D ). They were charging a massive 18,000 Dong for a 330ml can of Bia Ha Noi, that's an extortionate 1 US dollar per can! :D

Fortunately for us things are a bit cheaper out here in the sticks. :)