General Election 2005

konangrit

If you could, which party would you vote for?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These are the actual Party numbers for the General election, just in case you thought I was attempting to skew the results by putting Chart Thai at the top of the list and Thai Rak Thai down in 9th. Coincidentally the number of parties was the same number as the maximum allowed for polls on Thai Visa, so no room for no vote and spoiled ballot options, sorry.

I think I'd tactically vote to try and reduce Thai Rak Thais' majority after the election, so I'll vote for the Democrats. If I were in a different constituency I would probably vote for whichever party I thought was strongest against Thai Rak Thai.

Anyone caught vote buying will be investigated until such a time that it is forgotten about, providing that a small contribution is made to the Thai Visa Electoral Commision.

Edited by konangrit

Well, I though it interesting that Thai Ruk Thai got #9, the Thai number for good luck.

Me I will be staying at home, as I did in The Australian election - why will my vote count for anything, particularly since I cannot vote :o

strangely enough, abouyt the only party I have come across is number 9, even bleedin lampost, every street sign, every traffic light and on almost every wall is a big red 9.

The other blokes don't stand a chance, not with that sort of coverage (if only because there is no space left for the other numbers to advertise).

No, not more support than the Democrats, but wouldn't vote for them either - complete shambled springs to mind! :D

From the Prime Minister's Page PM Page

Among these 20 parties, only four are considered large parties, as each of them submitted a list of 100 party-list candidates. According to the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, each political party prepares one list that contains not more than 100 persons, and the party list is submitted to the ECT before the election day. The four parties are No. 1 Chart Thai, led by Mr. Banharn Silpa-Archa, No. 4 Democrat, led by Mr. Banyat Bantadtan, No. 9 Thai Rak Thai, led by Police Lieutenant Colonel Thaksin Shinawatra, and No. 11 Mahachon, led by Mr. Anek Laothamtas. They are believed to have more chances than other parties to win parliamentary seats in the February 6 general election.

Process of eliminiation really. :o

Of course there are tons of number 9 posters around, those cats have all the money. It's just like how the repugs won in USA. Money buys advertizement and gets votes, even the poor who should understand the only ones who gain from a right wing vote are the big industry owners.

I'm making sure my wife votes. She hates Taxin but don't think one vote will make a difference. I've convinced her it does :o

Nice comments from this morning BKK Post.

No TRT lovers here either

Thammasat lecturer Somchai Srisutthiyakorn said Thai Rak Thai's last-minute cancellation was rude. He denied the debate was biased and an attempt to gang up on Thai Rak Thai. ``We gave all the parties the same 10 questions. We also asked every party to bring its best people. Does that mean Thai Rak Thai does not have anyone qualified enough to take up the challenge?'' he said.

I voted 1. Only reason was that I thought they had most support excluding TRT and thus stood most chance of ousting the current lot.

let me see the party run by a pretty young girl (cute little thing don't you think).

run by PIMP, trying to act good for the people,(maybe cute girl should work for him) and a short little man call himself leader who steal in 97, (he look like a short little crook mafia guy to me) :o

I voted 1. Only reason was that I thought they had most support excluding TRT and thus stood most chance of ousting the current lot.

let me see the party run by a pretty young girl (cute little thing don't you think).

run by PIMP, trying to act good for the people,(maybe cute girl should work for him) and a short little man call himself leader who steal in 97, (he look like a short little crook mafia guy to me) :D

Which is run by a pretty young girl? Or do I need to stretch my thinking more? :D

I know what you mean about Banharn. Reminds me of a cartoon character from Dick Tracy.

Hard core Politician to be sure. But, he has incredible loyalty in BanharnBuri.... I mean, SuphanBuri, and in some other areas. He knows how to placate folks with gifts. Go and see the many public places with names that start with, "Banharn-Jamsai (his wife) Park, School, Clock Tower, etc...." Barnharn is maybe the canniest politician I've ever seen. A master at staying at/near the top, working mostly behind the scenes- A true Back Room Politician. He doesn't do so well in public, though. He even estranged himself from his older brother when he didn't toe Banharn's line and went public with family gripes a few years ago. Nobody has heard from him since, either. Figuratively speaking, of course. :D

I met him and his daughter twice, when she was in the Ministry of Education (Tradionally, controlled by Banharn). She looks quite beautiful in person, and both the little crooks are really charming and kinda grow on you... :o

Ahh, such is the Thai Facade I've come to know and love :D

You voted for Barnharn?

This is the guy that called Queen Elizabeth II.."Queen Elizabeth Taylor".:o

I can imagine Thailand getting nuked by an irate President shouting...

"Don't ever insult me again by calling me Khun George W Raspberrybush!"

:D

It would be nice if the current dictatorship of Thai Rak Thai is kicked out of office...Toxin has tried hard to follow in the footsteps of his mentor (Adolf Hitler) and put his own corrupt friends/family members in different offices. A true democracy free of mass brainwashing practices would be nice. From some of the other posts, it sounds as if more and more Thais are learning what Thai Rak Thai's agenda really is.

> FRT - Farang Rak Thai Party

Yes, FRT especially is growing fast.

I just enlisted the second member, we doubled in size in less than 24 hours!

Get the graphic for your T-Shirt here:

http://netasia.org/video/frt_big.gif

(Printing and ironing to a white T-shirt is a do-it-yourself project; we're a low-cost boutique party.)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Edited by chanchao

It's in fact so low-cost, you even have to BYOV.

(Buy Your Own Vote) :o

Advertising is through a pyramid MMS/SMS scheme, where 10 sent MMS messages earns you a free FRT jacket*.

Here is the MMS-sized graphic, also great to use as your phone wall-paper:

frt_nokia_wallpaper.gif

Send it to your entire phone address book today!

[*Note that you have to bring your own TRT or plain white jacket, then we send you instructions on how to convert it.]

frt_dogbert.gif

Democrats.

Just came back from lunch at Pascals. A great meal for 500 Baht with seafood and many dishes to choose from. Eat all you can. However you always get a glass of palatable Champers as part of the meal. Today no champers as Toxin does not want falangs to get too drunk. Also no reduction in the bill so I reckon this is profiteering in its lowest form.

A few beer bars were open but all the tables were covered with soft drinks. Not a beer in sight. When are the idiots going to treat their citizens as responsible adults let alone us.

> A few beer bars were open but all the tables were covered

> with soft drinks. Not a beer in sight. When are the idiots going

> to treat their citizens as responsible adults let alone us.

It makes a lot of sense really, if you keep in mind that an election is also a social event, somewhat of a holiday: People go to their home provinces to vote, so this election weekend is likely to get real merry and sanuk, with the whole family together again, with some money being spread around by the local front-runners.. It makes some sense. Perhaps it makes even more sense than banning alcohol sales on other holidays, or for some hours of the day. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

It makes a lot of sense really, if you keep in mind that an election is also a social event, somewhat of a holiday: People go to their home provinces to vote, so this election weekend is likely to get real merry and sanuk, with the whole family together again, with some money being spread around by the local front-runners..    It makes some sense.  Perhaps it makes even more sense than banning alcohol sales on other holidays, or for some hours of the day. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

TRT returned with an increased majority.....they will form a one party government and the other parties dont have the seats to censure the goverment....all Hail President Toxin.... :D:o

It makes a lot of sense really, if you keep in mind that an election is also a social event, somewhat of a holiday: People go to their home provinces to vote, so this election weekend is likely to get real merry and sanuk, with the whole family together again, with some money being spread around by the local front-runners..    It makes some sense.  Perhaps it makes even more sense than banning alcohol sales on other holidays, or for some hours of the day. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

TRT returned with an increased majority.....they will form a one party government and the other parties dont have the seats to censure the goverment....all Hail President Toxin.... :D:o

I wish he was only a president. He doesn't have to ask permission from anyone, anymore. He has the control of Parliment and that's the bottom line when it comes to power under the constitution, as I understand it, obviously weakening everyone else... A very destabilizing factor, it seems to me.

It will be very interesting to see how the first citizen-mandated Dictator goes over when realities set in....

Stay tuned :D

Edited by Ajarn

> FRT - Farang Rak Thai Party

Yes, FRT especially is growing fast.

I just enlisted the second member, we doubled in size in less than 24 hours!

Get the graphic for your T-Shirt here: 

http://netasia.org/video/frt_big.gif

(Printing and ironing to a white T-shirt is a do-it-yourself project; we're a low-cost boutique party.)

Cheers,

Chanchao

frt_nokia_wallpaper.gif

Very Cool, Chanchao!

Double Cheers! :o

Democrats.

Just came back from lunch at Pascals. A great meal for 500 Baht with seafood and many dishes to choose from. Eat all you can. However you always get a glass of palatable Champers as part of the meal. Today no champers as Toxin does not want falangs to get too drunk. Also no reduction in the bill so I reckon this is profiteering in its lowest form.

A few beer bars were open but all the tables were covered with soft drinks. Not a beer in sight. When are the idiots going to treat their citizens as responsible adults let alone us.