Wife And Cat To Thailand

EndofDays

I hope this is the right forum. Well, we are moving back to Thailand. My wife first and then I will be there a few months later. She is with child, but I have discussed that in other forums. Why I would like to get information is how to get airline tickets for both her and the cat, yes the cat. My wife is easy enough but I can't figure out how to book reservations for the kitty. Is there any place online that I can get tickets for both the wife and the cat? I tried travelocity and the best but can't seem to find any info there. Any suggestions? Yes the kitty avatar is the one in question.

Edited by EndofDays

Definately can not get a "ticket" for the Kitty at travelocity

1. Where are you coming from? (since you mentioned Travelocity.. I will go out on a limb and guess USA)

2. Do you have a health certificate issued by the Ministry of Livestock? (if US then Department of agriculture, but some vets are certified and can do this)

3. Does the cat have all of the necessary vacinations?

4. Will the cat be traveling as "Cargo"

5. If so, you will need an import permit before arriving in Thailand.

---- Just as an fyi---

If the cat travels with your wife likely not going to be classified as "cargo", if sent on a different flight all by itself will need to be classified as "cargo".

Edited by CWMcMurray

I would think you have to make arrangements directly with the airline for your little furry friend to travel... then do the same thing for the cat... :D (sorry couldn't resist :) )

But make enquiries with the airline first, then book your seats online according to the airline's instructions. I think most will say book two seats and let the airline know in advance you will be bringing the moggy as carry-on once you have the reservation info. This is assuming you've taken care of other matters like vaccinations/pet passports etc.

Lots of info. on pet travel available via Google.

Edited by phaethon

There are also regulations on the size of the kennel and all airlines are different. Some will allow pets under a certain weight be carried on the passenger compartment others will require that they be checked in with you luggage.

Definitely call the airline(s) directly.