Breaking News Toolbar..

Maigo6

Why is it than when I accidentally run the cursor across the yellow toolbar ad a few times and that ultra annoying window keeps appearing the site closes down ? As the ad is positioned in such a way you are bound to hit it a few times, it really pizzes me off.

On other threads someone will post a pic and I can't see it cos there is an advertising banner across the original post, what's that all about ?

I'm in Japan at the moment so have ultra fast internet, but if I was on dial up in Thailand it would be really problematic, yeah I know the site has to make money via advertising, but what's the deal with having banners across posts, and that toolbar is just plain annoying, I don't ever think about downloading something so annoying.

Like I say for me it's just a few seconds as I have DSL in Japan, very fast, but what about those that are on dial up, it must be very frustrating!

Is there any way to turn those really annoying ads off ?

Edited by Maigo6

Seconded.

If I'm heading for the "Mark all forums as read and return to index" link the "Add This" pop-up menu gets in the way bigtime.

When I go across it and that pop down ad appears, sometimes it just shuts down the whole site, OK no problem just to go to favourites and re-enter, but when I'm in Thailand one place I use only has dial up, so it would be a pain in the butt.

That toolbar ad is the only time I get a shutdown on ThaiVisa, and I have never experienced this on any other website.

Then again , I just passed the cursor over the toolbar and the ad popped down and I never shut down..... :)

See how it goes. :D

PS. I just tried to close the site down by pulling down that pop up about 30 times in a short space of time....nothing happened, no problem at all....

maybe it was not the ad but something else.

Edited by Maigo6

Just crashed again, and it's only on this site !!

George . that toolbar is a super pain in the azz, why does it have to have a pop down window when the cursor goes against it , then it crashes..........No big deal when I'm in Tokyo, but when I go back to Thailand, it's gonna be a real pain in the azz...........

It's bad George, get it sorted please :)

Just crashed again, and it's only on this site !!

George . that toolbar is a super pain in the azz, why does it have to have a pop down window when the cursor goes against it , then it crashes..........No big deal when I'm in Tokyo, but when I go back to Thailand, it's gonna be a real pain in the azz...........

It's bad George, get it sorted please :)

I agree. With FireFox, it occasionally covers up the hotzones "New Posts" which makes the page unusable. (Does not do that with Safari.) That pop-up window is about the most annoying thing in all of the world-wide-web at the moment. Thai Visa is a fantastic resource which we all appreciate and it doesn't deserve this bugger.