Tot Landline - Need To Call Us -dont Want To Use Voip/skype

karlski

I have a TOT land line, is there an option I can use to either my mobile or TOT line to use a calling card or other service?

Skype is not working WELL ENOUGH, so don't even bother mentioning it or other VOIP, the post is asking about calling card options and other land line or mobile options to call.

What's the cheapest card for land lines?

Is there a Long Distance company here?

I also have an 866 number with Kall8 and route it here to Thaiand, so inbound calls are working great.

I just hand up on a, almost one hour telephone call to Germany, I use a ToT land line 1024/512.. which to my experience is about the minimum anywhere in the world. I also have a telephone number in Germany, as have several German and European interests this number connects to my Skype account and I get remarkable only 1 in 20 who say you sound you are on the moon.

In that case I say you not that much off, let me call you back... Depending how important, I call back in Internet down time or I call back on a actual land line...

Overall, I have to say Skype saves me huge amounts of money ... but doing a telephone call one a 256/128 connection is just never being satisfactional

I have a TOT land line, is there an option I can use to either my mobile or TOT line to use a calling card or other service?

Skype is not working WELL ENOUGH, so don't even bother mentioning it or other VOIP, the post is asking about calling card options and other land line or mobile options to call.

I also have an 866 number with Kall8 and route it here to Thaiand, so inbound calls are working great.

Check for instance http://www.thookdee.com/index.php?lang=en&pid=0

Have been using it for a very long time now without any problems. You can set up quick dial numbers. So no need to enter all the data every time.

Hi John

I have been using www. SasteCalls.com service for the last 3+ years and have been using the Landline and Mobile with multiple SIM cards registered under one account as we have many in the family who need to call International on a daily basis. Their rates are very reasonable and the oppurtunity to use the same service from International Destinations has really sold me to this service over other services. They provide a Callback and Callthrough service and even a softphone using which u can make calls from your Internet Enabled computer ( I have even tried using a softphone on the mobile using WIFI & GPRS which works fine too)

uptime and quality of service is above 90% + incidently we use this in our company also and have huge savings for inter office communication between our Singapore and Malay and Thai offices.

This is just my two cents, hope this helps in ur desicions.

CAT is the normal long distance provider and what you connect on when dialing out using 001. There full rates to most countries are not that expensive anymore. They also offer lower rates, I believe using 005, as your access number. They also have cards for heavy use/cheaper rates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

OK, here's what I did to extend my telecommunications. We all know about VOIP, but it's not the solution when you have customers who are very sensitive about call quality. Grandma might tolerate your voice dropping in and out because she loves you. But high powered lawyers and govt officials have better things to do than deal with low-end voice communications. The mafia hates it too. And clowns. Oprah too, but, well. Yeah.

• Have TOT Connect your land line. (mileage may vary, suggest social engineering, xeroxes of maps, thai lang skills, 300 baht tip)
  • Buy a Tool Free number from someplace like Kall8.com, which you can get for as low as $4 USD, or 110THB.
  • Route this number to your Thai landline. Now incoming calls from anywhere to your toll free # ring through on your landline.
  • Buy a Thaitel card (owned by General Electric in US), for about 300THB ($9 USD). You can use the access codes and call for about baht per minute.

This gets you inbound and outbound landline access of good quality. The question and point of the post [which I posted].

---

And since we are on the topic, yes, OK, VOIP is good for some things and works OK, sometimes. But in general it's lame, and still not business ready unless you are something like a T-1/T-3/OC12/OC-128. Something that's built for the purpose, and set for dependable bandwidth. That excludes our personal computers and most networks here except maybe something in BKK.

If you think about how large the internet infrastructure in the US [the topic being how do I call the US], and the undersea cable networks that your call has to traverse from here, OSPF isn't doing so hot when all paths, the shortest, and longest, are totally saturated beyond all hope.

So when talking about VOIP quality, consider the networks underlying your call experience. Thailand to Germany, yes, of course it's gonna sound fine. Try calling Brazil on Skype when Brazil's business day is just starting.

So that was *part* of why I sought out a quick "landline" solution. You just need it for business. Oh, and if you want to POWER-PROOF your internet experience, I suggest a laptop with CDMA.

My power lines just dropped, the whole house went dark, but I was still up on laptop and the net. That includes low voltage like telephone, which in emergencies, is critical. Business uninterrupted.

So now we have quite a case for why landline technologies are cool, which sounds weird to say in 2009/2010.

Thanks VOIP, for ripping the market open, once, and then again. I like the cost-reduction boomerang effect on the 2009 landline market more than the initial cheap net based calls of 2005.