1st Holiday Together

The g/f :) has expressed a wish to holiday in a big hotel on Samui, near to nightlife. Island wise, ive only ever been to Phuket and Koh Chang, so any recommendations gratefully received. Hoping to keep it below 2000B a night, 3000 at a stretch.

When I first visited Koh Samui my partner and I stayed in a beautiful little hotel called The Lodge, right in the Fisherman's Village. It's not a big hotel as your girlfriend asked for but it is gorgeous, literally right on the beach and in the thick of the nightlife of Fisherman's Village. I personally think Chaweng is a bit much - an assault on the senses if you're staying there every day but you can always pop down there on a scooter or in a taxi if you're after that sort of thing. All the rooms at The Lodge have balconies (patios on the ground floor) and there's a cute little bar. We moved from our original hotel after going to have a look. I would recommend it very highly and it's not expensive. I think we paid 1200 per night.

:)

I like FV also much more than Chaweng in the evening, but it is not exactly a recommendation OP has asked for. Nightlife in the sense of the "typical nightlife" at FV is zero. I would also not recommend to go by scooter, too many accidents especially in the nighttime. Taxi are harassments as well.

A big hotel next to nightlife would be Laem Din Hotel or direct on Chaweng Beach there are many.

what area do you wnat to stay??

i know 4 star in lamai, still 1200 THB a night and on the beach

The g/f has expressed a wish to holiday in a big hotel on Samui, near to nightlife.

With gf I think the nightlife in Chaweng is better.

I quite like hotel hopping, 3 nights here / 3 nights there, so I guess we'll do uptown and out of town. The name of the 4*, if known, in Lamai would be much appreciated. Many thanks.