Lawyer For Custody Dispute

tomahawk

My tried and trusted Thai lawyer:

Ajarn Sanyalux Panwattanalikit - LL.B. (Thammasat), LL.M. (Thammasat), Ph.D. candidate (Thammasat) -30 Soi Chumpee Sirimangkalachan Rd. Tombol Suthep Amphur Muang Chaing Mai 50200 (053) 2160101/216012 018173150/019989222 email:

Edit: email deleted per forum rules to prevent spamming of the email being mentioned. You can ask/send for it by PM. - mario2008

Nitirit Law Office. Sub.Lt.Songrit Kotaphan 213/3 Moo 8, Middle Beltway (Ring 2 road) T. Sanpheeseua, A. Muang. Tel/fax: 053230102, Mob: 0818266861. Does not speak English but has an excellent translator. Very reasonable prices and very accurate.

I have known of several cases, where the father (non thai) of the child made a monetary offer to the mother (thai) for sole custody, prior to any lawyer entering the picture. I have seen/heard of this method being used in thai/thai custody battles also. The cases I am familiar all worked out and lawyer was only used to draw up the papers showing all parties agreed to the agreed conditions, including the money that changed hands. Whether we agree with this method or not is beside the point, if one side of the custody battle is money oriented it seems to work rather well.

If the child is not a Thai citizen and has your surname the case is pretty cut and dry that's why I asked. My children have both citizenship's but my surname and according to my wife (who is a lawyer) it would go in my favor not that we are worried about that sort of thing.

Thank you all for the kind advice. In this case the woman is Thai and wishes to obtain custody of her own child who is now with Thai father's parents.. There was no legal agreement but child has been with father's parents since they broke up. Father has since become a monk. Mother was financially less able to provide for the child so she figured child was better off with the father, but since the father entered monkhood and is not even living close to child and mother is now in better financial position than grandparents, she wishes to gain custody of daughter. She sent money to grandparents for daughter which they accepted but still refused to allow mother to visit. I know in US the mother could easily gain custody but this is Thailand and I do not know what the system is here.

The question is were th parents legaly married or not. If they did not register their marriage at the amphur and only had a ceremony have a look at the child's birth certificate. The fathers name must then be mentioned there 2 times: as the fahter and as person who registered the birth at the amphur. When not married, only being named is not enough to become the legal father and hold costudy over the child. So the mother might hold sole costudy already if they were not legaly married.

Note that even if they parents were married and now divorced the mother still has costudy over the child, only she might share it with the father. She can just take the child away from the grandparents.

Thanks to the help from forum situation is resolved without lawyer. Lady told grandparents she would give money to them to settle the custody case out of court,as was advised by people on forum, and that if they refused she would come with police to take child or get lawyer if necessary. They agreed and whole matter is settled. Thank you all very much.