Hungover On A Work Day

Dr. Burrito

Ouch, my aching head. Dinner and drinks last night, all in the name of commerce of course and this morning, ######. They don't make a bottle of aspirin that will work fast enough for what I got.

Meetings in thirty mintues and I have to actually sit there like I enjoy it.

Anyone else hung over this fine day and have to produce more than a belch while you lay on the couch? :o

best trick is to set on alarm an hour before your due to wake up.

when the alarm goes off, take a headache tablet (keep one next to the bed, so u dont have to get up) then go back to sleep for an hour...

when you wakeup for work you got a much better chance of waking up without a headache!

A banana smoothie works pretty well...

Instant energy fix... settles the stomach... :o

Won't do much for the sore head though... :D

Oh, nearly forgot...

Try not to sit too close to important people at the meeting... they will most likely smell the alcohol fumes emanating from you :D

Well, I make it a point not to drink on worknights. However, if you do I have three words for you: "Po Chai Pills". Smell aweful but work wonders. I used to sell them in a health food store and they were a great product. Drink lots of water before you go to sleep to flush the alcohol out of your body. The things we do to ourselves in the name of a good time!!!

something that works wonders for me is to take 2 aspirin before you go to sleep along with about a quart of water, set your alarm 1-2 hours early, take two more, then you barely feel it when you wake up. This trick has allowed me to party nights before early morning PT runs. Its also a life saver on deployments to places like thailand, up drinking till 0200, work at 0600. This antidote is tried and true......

Ouch, my aching head. Dinner and drinks last night, all in the name of commerce of course and this morning, ######. They don't make a bottle of aspirin that will work fast enough for what I got.

Meetings in thirty mintues and I have to actually sit there like I enjoy it.

Anyone else hung over this fine day and have to produce more than a belch while you lay on the couch?  :o

i normally take a bottle of beer before taking off :D

plus plently of menthols to kill the smell :D

Try  drinking  water  and  taking  a  couple  of  "Wakies" (available  at  7/11's)  before  going  to  sleep..........seem  to  work  for  me.  :o

I'm not sure. But i thought wakies were for keeping you going? So why take them before bed?

If you can remember, a bowl of joke before bed, if you can't then a bowl when you wake up.

Plus a litre or two of water before bed - not advisable if you have a bedwetting problem. It usually makes me wake up in the middle of the night for a jimmy - this gives me another opportunity to drink another litre or so and then take a paracetamol.

If it's a work day I'll have a really spiced up Virgin Mary for brekkers, if it's a weekend I'll have a large Bloody Mary and then doze on and off all morning.

Hello my name's Dave and I'm an ....

The best cure for a hangover is two large glasses of chilled red Fanta. I've got no idea what chemicals are in it, but it works every time. Give it a try. I've recommended it to several friends and now they all swear by it.

It works because of the sugar in it. I always have a can of full fat coke and two asprins and that sorts me out.

Brief History of Po Chai Pills

Many years ago (100+ years) there was a plague in China. People there were having stomach-ache, vomiting and diarrhea. A Chinese Doctor was trying to make up a formulation that can cure the people. One night he received a special herbal mix from his dream. The next morning he started to collect the herbs and and gave the people the special herbal mix. The herbal mix was very successful. This Chinese Doctor was the founder of Po Chai Pills and his picture is on every box of Po Chai Pills today.

Po in Chinese means protection. Chai means the people. So the Name Po Chai Pills means protecting the people.

Apirin or Alkazeltzer works good for mild handovers.

For complete f**ed up conditions - mug of strong coffee (not instant, real one) + 50ml of any strong alcohol (whisky, vodka, brandy the best) + lime +sugar. Cures really bad cases. + buy farang on the way to kill bad smell + some chewing gum.

or, yes + Visin for red eyes.

Once upon a time I had a really bad hang over and had to go into work... Our bosses from New York were coming over to see if we were actually doing anything (in amsterdam at the time).

I asked my mate and colleague if he had any aspirin.

He gave me a pill and told me I'll notice a distinct difference within a half hour or so....

I spent most of the rest of the day in the toilet, or uncomfortably adjusting my shorts.

I had to give my friend credit for a bad joke with some humour in it...

The pill was blue.... The bastard.

The best cure for a hangover is two large glasses of chilled red Fanta. I've got no idea what chemicals are in it, but it works every time. Give it a try. I've recommended it to several friends and now they all swear by it.

Gave this a go last night, had a good session then drank a litre bottle of Red Fanta during what was left of the night...............must admit it did seem to work, didnt feel as rough this morning.