What Colour Flip-flops Do You Wear

Sir Burr

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only wear FITNESS Scholls at all times. I have about 6 pairs. One for every occasion.

Black for formal white or black tie events, silver for everyday casual dressy, and some fun colors for sporting days.

Edited to correct the name.

Edited by keemapoot

Straps are textile, which is better for Phuket and cleaning them. But I do have a couple nice upscale leather pairs bought outside Thailand.

I like the fitness Scholls because they are the closest thing to a proper shoe you can buy in Thailand in terms of the foot contours and support.

I never wear a simple flip flop. They hurt your toes and have no support. Even on the beach, if you have an easy to clean better shoe, it's no problem to spray it with your bum gun when you get home to get off the sand....

Yeah, good selection of colours and patterns. Big problem is sizes. Very hard to find something over a UK 8.5 or US 9 size. Robinson's both Phuket Town and Jungceylon best place to buy, and there is also a Scholl store close to the old Robinsons in Phuket Town.

Do you wear the type with the strap over the whole foot, or, the type that the strap goes between the toe?

Over the whole foot, and I can't believe we are both so bored we are having this conversation. haha

I'm not bored at all.

I must admit, my orange flip-flops with the deep treads are great for the beach, but, lose performance on the street.

I believe treadless flip-flops are more suitable as they tend to handle high-speed corners better.

These are where my black flip-flops come into their own.

What's your thinking on Crocs? The colours are very nice.

Edited by Sir Burr

When I see people wearing Crocs, I know immediately that we have nothing in common, and that we could never be friends or have any meaningful kind of relationship. They come in every color imaginable yet look bad with every other article of clothing ever created. The only thing that goes with Crocs is social ostracism.

Well said LivinLOS.

I'm a purist myself.

I wear flip-flops that have the strap between the toe. The flip-flops where the strap goes over the whole foot I think is a bit effeminate.

Though, there is one draw-back to the type I wear. Having a flip-flop "blow-out" in a corner can be a major inconvenience.

Only the other day, I saw a guy limping up the street with only one flip-flop. I smiled at him knowingly and asked him "lose a flip flop"?

He said "No, just found one".

Only the other day, I saw a guy limping up the street with only one flip-flop. I smiled at him knowingly and asked him "lose a flip flop"?

He said "No, just found one".

The old Thai staple..

And proof comedy doesnt travel.. :)

Hi

Come on SBK what else to do here in Summer season when its raining :D , i think they where funny, all of them, now i have to drive out in the rain to buy new flip flop so i know what the guys is talking about, hate to have something stuck between my toes. :)

At the risk of feeding trolls....

My favorite pair of sandal foot wear is by far Keen

They are rugged, water proof, if they get nasty you can just throw them in the washer, and they are the most comfortable things I have ever worn. Good support and toe protection.

keens__thumb.jpgDrakes%20Keens.jpg

The only down side might be that they are not the most attractive things on the planet.

My wife likes to call them her 'birth-control-shoes' :)

But man, they are a great pair of sandals

When I see people wearing Crocs, I know immediately that we have nothing in common, and that we could never be friends or have any meaningful kind of relationship. They come in every color imaginable yet look bad with every other article of clothing ever created. The only thing that goes with Crocs is social ostracism.

:D:) I bought my imitation crocs in Karon 2 years ago for 100B. they are the most comfortable things I have ever worn. They suit me fine when I walk down to the beach. As my friend nicked my wellies I have been obliged to wear them when there is a heavy rain and the soft strap means that I won't lose them when I wade through puddles. The downside is no traction and I have wiped out a couple times in Jungceylon. Man, it hurts when you stub a toe. Aside from that I wear proper lace up boots or shoes as I do not wish to come in contact with the pathogens endemic to the streets of Patong. I am always amazed that you flip flop devotees haven't lost your toes and their nails to various fungi and parasites.Although I do note that chronic flip flop wearers have filthy toe nails. Perhaps Mr. Burr can start a thread on toe cheese and dirty toenails.

More importantly, those keens look good. Where can I get a pair? Are they available in Sport world or Robinsons in Jungceylon?

RE: Keen's availability in Phuket

Unfortunatly I don't think you can get them here in Phuket.

My Wife picked her's up in Singapore (World of Sport was the name of the shop i think, and I found a ton of them in a sports shop in Marina Mall)

and I picked up my pair in the States.

I don't know about their availability in BKK???

at any rate I think you'll have to get them off island.

Being a fairly conservative bloke I've always gone with the basic black thong (flip flop).

However, a constant source of embarressment for me at the beach or pool party, was the V shaped white lines across my feet from the uneven tanning caused by the straps.

I've now solved that problem with my new topless sandals.

They are good for the beach, shopping centre and even semi formal dinner parties where they are always the topic of much lively discussion.

post-18822-1242366823_thumb.jpg

Some think they make me look a little effeminate, but I think that's just jealousy. :)