Cold Weather Clothing

Rango

Hi Gang.

Does anyone know where i can go to buy good quality clothing for cooler weather and other miscellaneous odds and ends for trekking through the wilderness of Nepal? I haven't seen an REI or NORTHFACE store here. :)

I have heard there is an outlet mall somewhere on Ratchada but none of my Thai friends are able to tell me where it is or how to get there.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

R

Checking the North Face website shows a store in Siam Discovery Centre and Central World Plaza. They have a store in Kathmandu as well if you need to pick up anything you forget before you go.

I think you will find that Kathmandu has a better selection. They have knockoffs and real items in the tourist shopping district. What time of year and where are you going. This time of year you are getting in to rain, but the cold season is the same as Thailand. At lower elevations Nepal's weather can be quite hot. It depends on how high you go.

Edited by canuckamuck

<br />I think you will find that Kathmandu has a better selection. They have knockoffs and real items in the tourist shopping district. What time of year and where are you going. This time of year you are getting in to rain, but the cold season is the same as Thailand. At lower elevations Nepal's weather can be quite hot. It depends on how high you go.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Cold wheather clothing is best bought in one of the numerous shops in Kathmandu's Thamel district (where a lot of tourists stay). Can be had for reasonable prices. At the same time one can get advice as to what is needed for what altitude. And, I agree, in lower altitudes, it can be hot around daytime.

Best,

Shakun