Flight Simulator 2004

pop3

I have the pc game flight simulator 2004 from microsoft, The game work's fine and the grafic's are very good, but my problem is this, the game gives comentry and small vidio clipping's to show you how to play, on these comentry's I have sound but no picture, I don't think this is a falt on the part of the game, I think it is something to do with the way my media player is set, the reason I say this is because if I change a setting on my media player I can have pattern's where the vidio clipping should be, if I take out the pattern's then Im back to a blank screen again, I had this problem once before when trying to play a vidio cd, I had sound but no picture, and I can't remember what I done to cure it, doe's anybody know what I can try, Thank's for any help, pop3.

hi'

is you rmedia player the default player for all madia files?

can you check it?

folders options/file type look for .wav .mp3 .wmv .wma .mpg etc.. but mostly important is wma and wmv (windows type files) as m$ would have encode all video in their own proprietaty video and audio file's format

just my 2b here ...

francois

Edited by francois

Thank you for your reply francois, I have tried to do what you sugest but I still have the problem, I have noticed I cannot play any vidio cd's on my computer now but I could before ? it must be a setting in the media player ?

Thank you for your reply francois,  I have tried to do what you sugest but I still have the problem,  I have noticed I cannot play any vidio cd's on my computer now but I could before ?  it must be a setting in the media player ?

I had a similar problem a while back. I believe it was some piece of software i installed that was messing with my video drivers, so i just installed the latest version of media player and it was fine again.

Hi Pop 3

Sounds as though a program has changed a setting in your registry. The problem you have is that windows media player is now not associated with a file(s) type.To change this is quite simple, but first you have to locate the type of file you wish to change. As it doesn't play vcd's or your flight sim, it sounds as though the file extention is the .dat type. What I would suggest is:

Put a video cd into your computer

Either through My computer or windows explorer find the actual video, as I said earlier it will probably be a .dat file (and large)

Click once on the file to highlight it.

Whilst holding the Shift key down click on the left hand mouse.

A screen will appear with various options

One of these options will be "Open With" ,scroll down and click on this.

Then another box will open with a list of various programs will appear.

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see Windows media player

Click on this

Tick the box asking if you want windows to always associate this program with file type.

Click Open

The vcd will now play as before through wmp

Hopefully the flight sim will also work