Robbers Hang Two Girls, Take Jewellery

sbk

Robbers hang two girls, take jewellery

Published: 16/05/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: News

SONGKHLA : Robbers killed two girls yesterday by hanging them at their house in Hat Yai district before fleeing with cash and gold jewellery, police said.

The bodies of the victims, identified as Apisa, 12, and her sister Orawan Tasi, 7, were found dangling at the back of the house by neighbours in Ban Koh Mi in tambon Klong Hae. Their hands and legs were bound.

"The girls probably knew the robbers, so they killed them," a police officer said. Police believed at least two robbers raided the house. They took 13,000 baht in cash and two-baht weight gold jewellery. The girls were left alone as their grandfather and his wife went out to tap rubber trees. Their mother was not in the house during the raid.

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009/05/16

What kind of horrible human beings could do such a thing, hang two young girls for the measly sum of 13,000 baht? I read another report on this story that they suspect it was close relatives and suspect there was a conflict in the family over land which may have contributed to the crime. But still, some land is worth more than two girls' lives? Animals, they deserve the hottest fires of hel_l.

Edited by Jimjim

SONGKHLA : Robbers killed two girls yesterday by hanging them at their house in Hat Yai district before fleeing with cash and gold jewellery, police said.

The bodies of the victims, identified as Apisa, 12, and her sister Orawan Tasi, 7, were found dangling at the back of the house by neighbours in Ban Koh Mi in tambon Klong Hae. Their hands and legs were bound.

"The girls probably knew the robbers, so they killed them," a police officer said. Police believed at least two robbers raided the house. They took 13,000 baht in cash and two-baht weight gold jewellery. The girls were left alone as their grandfather and his wife went out to tap rubber trees. Their mother was not in the house during the raid.

postlogo.jpg

Makes you wish they could implement Texas law pertaining to capital murder for these dirtbags if they are ever caught. It seems like the whole world is changing. I bet these evil little monsters have totally justified what they have done to themselves and will think nothing of it when they are downing their whiskey. Texas justice...just for awhile....

This is almost beyond belief. The terror that these young girls went through........ I too am usually against the death penalty but in this case, an eye for an eye. Rest In Peace.

My God, I just can't believe that any person who considers themselves part of the human race can do such a thing.

I hope that one day they will endure similar suffering to these 2 young girls. What a senseless waste. Sickening.

postlogo.jpg

This story is one of the worst i think I have ever read - this is horrific, what kind of animals could do this? RIP

Some real bad boys in this part of Thailand, hope they are brought to justice quickly. What a sad waste of to young children for some Jewellery(that could even be fake) RIP little ones, you are in a better place. :):D This kind of crime make one :D

Edited by BigSnake

So so sad. RIP the poor dears.

This ranks well above the poor woman tied across the railroad tracks for shear depravity.

Depraved actual doesn't quite get there for a description.

Amorality run rampant, lack of any basic connection with the social contract we abide by.

I am not a huge fan of the death penalty, but... there ARE cases, such as this.

I have to agree these people need to die a VERY similar death,

so they reap what they sow on their way out.

Minds such as these person's should NEVER have a

continuing chance to freely move around this world to do this twice...

Weld them in a too small box to think on this for decades, or hang'em slow....

Edited by animatic

This story is disgusting and yes it would be all over the tabloids with the huge question of who would leave 10 & 7 year old kids on their own alone in the first place? Where was their Mum, Dad, Gran and other relatives?

So so sad. RIP the poor dears.

This ranks well above the poor woman tied across the railroad tracks for shear depravity.

Depraved actual doesn't quite get there for a description.

Amorality run rampant, lack of any basic connection with the social contract we abide by.

I am not a huge fan of the death penalty, but... there ARE cases, such as this.

I have to agree these people need to die a VERY similar death,

so they reap what they sow on their way out.

Minds such as these person's should NEVER have a

continuing chance to freely move around this world to do this twice...

Weld them in a too small box to think on this for decades, or hang'em slow....

The death penalty. Something that I have always felt is a proper remedy when addressing this and similarly heinous crimes. The argument by many that the death penalty fails to cause a reduction in the worst criminal acts has always mystified me. Certainly one can see that those receiving the ultimate punishment, execution, will never be able to perpetrate further offenses.

This story is disgusting and yes it would be all over the tabloids with the huge question of who would leave 10 & 7 year old kids on their own alone in the first place? Where was their Mum, Dad, Gran and other relatives?

The oldest girl was 12, I think and it's quite common for children to be left on their own in Thailand, especially at this age.

I've seen people put a 1 or 2 year old down for an afternoon nap and go out and leave them alone. Many people here see nothing wrong with that.

What a sickening story.  Any murder is foul, but the age of the victims seems to make this all the more heinous.  I can only imagine what must have been going through their poor heads at the time.  And I cannot for the life of me imagine what was going through the heads of the animals who did this.

God help us all, this world, so much sadness and horror. Even thieves and murderers are supposed to have a code of honor about children, all they had to do was wear masks and they would not have to kill child witnesses. Too much forethought needed for that I suppose, so sad.

God help us all, this world, so much sadness and horror. Even thieves and murderers are supposed to have a code of honor about children, all they had to do was wear masks and they would not have to kill child witnesses. Too much forethought needed for that I suppose, so sad.

It's quite possible that the children knew their killers.

Thinking about it, murdering children by hanging doesn't really sound like a robbery gone wrong, more like retribution or a warning.

The oldest girl was 12, I think and it's quite common for children to be left on their own in Thailand, especially at this age.

I've seen people put a 1 or 2 year old down for an afternoon nap and go out and leave them alone. Many people here see nothing wrong with that.

They see nothing wrong because they are in a state of unconciousness. It is obvious for any concious, sentient being to observe that the majority of Thais have a very very low level of conciousness.

Whatever the motive behind these horrific murders I hope the perpetrators are swiftly bought to justice & punished to the full extent of the law.

A couple of years ago on Chalong, Phuket a very young child was killed during the course of a burglary as it started crying & the burglars feared that someone would hear the cries. Apparently a maid did & they tried to kill her as well but did not succeed. The murderers were caught but I did not see any follow up on their trial.

There is bound to be an increase in violent robberies due to the recession, increasing drug use, lack of moral guidance, etc.

What I find so terribly disturbing about this crime - which is one of the most heinous indeed - is the way it has been reported in the EL press - it received a small note on the bnottom of the inside page in ther Bkk Post.

THis crime is sickening and should have the entire nation up in arms -but no it is just one of those things - "well they must have known the burglars" - what kind of mitigation is that?????????????????

I'm not pro -death penalty, but I'm AM pro catching criminals and brining them to justice - the National reaction to this crime is a matter of National SHAME for Thailand.

Edited by TVmonitor

logo_breakingnews.gif

Couple arrested for allegedly murdering 2 sisters in Songkhla

Songkhla - Police Wednesday solved a high profile case of murders of two sisters by arresting a married couple.

The couple - Suren Billaseh, 45 and his wife, Sutha Sangthong, 39 - admitted to police that they killed the two sisters and made off with Bt13,000 worth of valuables from the sisters' house.

The two sisters were found hung next to each other in kneeling position.

The couple rent a house next to the two sisters' house. The wife told police that she called the elder sister who opened the door. The wife than suffocated her and had her hung by the husband.

While the couple were searching for valuables, the younger sister woke up so she was also murdered.

Police said Suren has a criminal record of burglary cases.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-20

Are all thais buddhists because if this is an act done by a religious person/s then god help the world.I feel sick even trying to comprehend what the little girls went thru.

OUTRAGIOUS

Sorry to read this comment by someone that don't have a clue about the ethnicity in the south.

Glad they found the guilty ones.

I hope they get their sentence according to sharia law.

34631.jpg

Suren Billaseh

34632.jpg

Sutha Sangthong

Couple admits killing girls

SONGKHLA : A husband and wife who lived in a rented house next door to the two sisters killed in their own house in Hat Yai district have confessed to murdering the girls, police say. A married couple deep in debt brutally killed two young girls in their quest for money and valuables, police say.

Suren Billaseh, 45, and Sutha Sangthong, 39, were detained for questioning yesterday and eventually admitted to killing 12 year-old Apisa Tasi and her 7 year-old sister Orawan at Hat Yai district on Friday. The couple said they killed the girls in a fit of over fears they would tell their grandparents about them getting into the house and stealing their valuables and money.

Police , however, were not convinced and charged them with premeditated murder and robbery.

Continued:

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-05-21