Shera Infillwall

nikster

Starting to build a new house, the architect suggested to use Shera InFill technology for the walls. The way it works is that you put up a structure made from very thin shera board and some support beams, then fill it with foamed concrete which is very lightweight.

Has anyone done this in Thailand, how did it work out, and how expensive was it compared to a brick wall?

Starting to build a new house, the architect suggested to use Shera InFill technology for the walls. The way it works is that you put up a structure made from very thin shera board and some support beams, then fill it with foamed concrete which is very lightweight.

Has anyone done this in Thailand, how did it work out, and how expensive was it compared to a brick wall?

Are you running exposed conduits and pipes for your services?

• 3 months later...

i saw SHERA group promote this system in ASA09 fair, it's seem the casting light weight concrete wall by using SHERAboard for permanent formwork. smooth skin,not require plastering work like a brick wall, no need heavy structure because it very light. and very fast track system reduce 30%

i saw many condo had used this system, such as TW Condo wong amart, Technology Park, Wang Num kaew Resort, Out Door Restuarant and many project are tring to adopt this system.

in my opinioun,this is the future construction system, FastTrack system. pricing around 800 - 1000 baht/sq.meter.

but speed and quality are better than brick wall.

Fun Tong!!! :)

• 1 month later...

So what was the decision? Did you go with the Shera InFill Technology? What were your experiences?

Here is the web page for the shera wall.

http://www.mahaphant.com/sherainfillwall/en/6steps.jsp

Problem is would anybody take up a job using this system for an individual residence in the upcountry? (Or are there actually people qualified to do it upcountry even?) Last I heard was Mahaphant uses/ outsouce their works to smaller individual contractors...

With all those screws breaking the zinc on the framework there could be a major spalling problem over the years, especially in wetter climes.

Don’t think this should be a problem here in Thailand as most drywall used on ceilings use this method of attaching. Possibly the pumping of light weight concrete i.e. availability of pump the cost etc. Noticed in the video only half the wall was fill in one go so looks like it would be a two pour job.

“(Or are there actually people qualified to do it upcountry even?)” good point. It seems a good idea but more information is needed.