Khao Yai National Park

nisha0901

:D I have heard that Kaho Yai charges around 400-1400 thb as a entry fees for forgien national , depending on the park.Will showing my work permit there save the cost ? :D:)

Thanx Joe !! for dependents does the Non O visa work the same ?

When I visit Thai National Parks I pay what they ask for even though I have PR and Work Permit.

Taking photos in these places makes it all more worth paying IMHO :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

^

i agree Hanno, i get tired of whinging farang who complain at a measly 400thb to enter Thai National Parks.. especially one as pristine as Khao Yai.. :)

Some of the 'whinging farangs' actually work here on the same wages as a Thai person. 400 baht is a lot to them, as it would be to a Thai national.

Agree though that Thai national parks are kept in very good condition.

Some of the 'whinging farangs' actually work here on the same wages as a Thai person. 400 baht is a lot to them, as it would be to a Thai national.

stop whinging :)

I'll forgive you, as you've saved yourself with this comment.. :D

stop whinging :)

I'll forgive you, as you've saved yourself with this comment.. :D

i just got it confirmed from a expat frd of mine who went along with his family there , he just had to show his drivers license and it worked for his entire family who went along in 40thb , even though they had passports along they were not asked for it

yeh, it´s the same for the dependants, absolutely no problem. just whisk your wp or thai drivers´ license at the gate and that´s all.

and YES, i too do have a problem if having to pay extra for my white face - if i can´t get "raka khon thai" despite of my wp at double-pricing companies, i simply walk off. i do pay enough taxes & co...

yeh, it´s the same for the dependants, absolutely no problem. just whisk your wp or thai drivers´ license at the gate and that´s all.

and YES, i too do have a problem if having to pay extra for my white face - if i can´t get "raka khon thai" despite of my wp at double-pricing companies, i simply walk off. i do pay enough taxes & co...

My feelings exactly. I support the Thai economy by living here, shopping etc, and I support the U.S. government by paying taxes.

Barry

^

i agree Hanno, i get tired of whinging farang who complain at a measly 400thb to enter Thai National Parks.. especially one as pristine as Khao Yai.. :)

Similan is not kept in good condition there is garbage everywhere.

My feelings exactly. I support the Thai economy by living here, shopping etc, and I support the U.S. government by paying taxes.

Barry

Thais pay taxes in Thailand. That's the difference. I do agree that if you have been living in Thailand 5+ years paying taxes and have PR you should get the local rate. Other "residents" not paying taxes in Thailand should just fork out the farang rate IMO.

I do not have PR nor i pay taxes in Thailand (anymore). Just went to grand palace today and happy to pay the 350 for tourist fee. It helps, together with the taxes Thai's pay, to keep the place nice and well maintained.

We just went to Khao Yai yesterday. I was driving and showed my thai drivers license. the lady asked me if the thai woman in back was my Thai wife and I said yes. We had another farang in the car. Total charge 170 Baht.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys ...plz carry your work permit there , its more imp than the passport with resident visas , but passports are imp for all dependents entering the park and visiting waterfalls .Only then can u avail the resident discount , the guards are very cribbish !