True Adsl

Loose Cannon

Having read this forum a few times I understand that everybody has problems with True but this is just unreal.

I recently had a 3mb line installed and it seems to be close to that for Thai websites (about 2,5mb - no problem). International websites is a different story altogether!

During the day I am down to less than 30kbs and evenings just about reaches 50kbs. If I am lucky I will get up to 120kbs in the hours between 4am-8am. During the day I actually connect to my samart unlimited 56k dial-up keeping the True line as a backup. I find this completely unacceptable when paying for 3mb.

What can I do?

- Is it this bad for everyone? What I am experiencing is borderline theft and I can't imagine a company surviving with this service.

- Any IT-tricks that will speed it up?

- I heard some talk about a business package - how much is that? Can everyone get it and does it perform?

- Where does the CEO of True live? I have something for him. :o

This is the last time I drop the soap while standing next to True :D

I wonder how many threads there are now about True's service. Can't we keep it in one thread instead of opening new threads?

Internet is slow over the whole line (since a week or so). It's down to the international lines, although my usual local speed test (2100-2200 kbs) is much lower too. Try every ISP ... the same results.

The streaming videos I used to watch are a no-no now. If I am lucky I get 201 kbs streaming, instead of the 500kbs.

BTW 2500kbs is close to 3000 mbs ... so what are you complaining about? Did True promise you a 3000 mbs international connection?

Edited by sniffdog

The scary part is if they can't properly handle the load now, what's going to happen as they sign up huge numbers of new subscribers? But I think it will survive as long as it stays down where it is in price and competitors don't lower their prices to compete with it.

- Is it this bad for everyone? What I am experiencing is borderline theft and I can't imagine a company surviving with this service.

From what I can see, it's bad for most. Some lucky few get nearly full speeds internationally, but most are like you. I setup a 2.5mbit package for a friend, and it's very lossy (internationally, locally it's zipping) and slow. Most Thai companies survive with this level of service... typical, really.

Login to the 2mbit account. Pay by the hour. Presto, great speed.

- I heard some talk about a business package - how much is that? Can everyone get it and does it perform?

I think you might need to be a juristic person, but the "restrictions" applied can vary depending on the salesperson you talk to. I've been given various conflicting answers, typical of True. The price is of course more expensive than the home package.

- Where does the CEO of True live? I have something for him.

In never-never land, where he dreams that his customers adore him.

My friend just cancelled his True subscription. It was in no way better than a 56k connection (other than the great and useless "local" speeds). He's back to 56k now.

From what I can see, it's bad for most.  Some lucky few get nearly full speeds internationally, but most are like you.  I setup a 2.5mbit package for a friend, and it's very lossy (internationally, locally it's zipping) and slow.  Most Thai companies survive with this level of service... typical, really.

Login to the 2mbit account.  Pay by the hour.  Presto, great speed.

I think you might need to be a juristic person, but the "restrictions" applied can vary depending on the salesperson you talk to.  I've been given various conflicting answers, typical of True.  The price is of course more expensive than the home package.

- Where does the CEO of True live? I have something for him.

In never-never land, where he dreams that his customers adore him.

My friend just cancelled his True subscription.  It was in no way better than a 56k connection (other than the great and useless "local" speeds).  He's back to 56k now.

Thanks for the info - I think I might use the 2mbit account when I really need and then do the rest of my work in the night/ early hours of the morning.

About the business package: It seems easily worth getting 256/512 "business" instead of the 4mb for "the common people with their pants around their ankles". After all, I only check local net for the UBC website!

Login to the 2mbit account.  Pay by the hour.  Presto, great speed.

I experience consistent disappointing ftp speed. The download speed stays flat down at 100kbps as if there is a speed limiter on it. The upload speed is fast as I can get the full 512kbps. My package is 1mbit/512kbps package. So I logged into the @true2m per hour thing to see if I could get a decent download speed and found ftp simply does not work at all! I tried contacting true by phone, then email to get answers, but they just sand bagged me. If anyone knows of a ftp speed test or details about possible speed limits, it would be good to know.

But I think it will survive as long as it stays down where it is in price and competitors don't lower their prices to compete with it.
True are currently killing KSC (whose marketing people were last seen sleeping under the shade of a coconut tree).
This is the last time I drop the soap while standing next to True

It's easy to spot a true subscriber, they look like this => :o

My true account was installed on the day they said it would be, and has worked perfectly since. I regularly get 80 kbs with Bit Torrent. Sometimes it drops to 50kbs during the day when DL from M$ servers etc.. I have the 1024/512 home package. I got no complaints.

Loxinfo just dropped their prices to 1000 baht/month for the same speed package (TRUE is 890). So try them out.

welll, I hate true adsl. really hate, i think they are cheating or something krub. and it always cut. but right now I did not use true adsl connection anymore, don't like it. now I used T.O.T ADSL connection which is 10 times faster than true adsl at only 990 baht each month for 1mb. highest at 4mb speeds. right now they are in promotion 1mb for 990baht. but you need T.O.T phone number that's all. I used it at my workplace on 512 connected to 36 machines and no problem, it is still superfast. one thing, I NEVER GET DISCONNECTED from it. just connected 24HOURS. my pc now becoming server lol. if you interest try to look at this site click on the flash banner and check if your T.O.T line phone working or not http://www.isp-thailand.com/adsl/checkarea.php if it is saying สามารถใช้บริการได้

then you are allow to use that number but if it is said ยังไม่สามารถใช้บริการ ADSL ได้ในขณะนี้ then sorry. TOT phone number will begin from 02-2 till 02-5 only but True will begin from 02-6 til 02-9. so hope this help you.

yours

Dorn

welll, I hate true adsl. really hate, i think they are cheating or something krub. and it always cut. but right now I did not use true adsl connection anymore, don't like it. now I used T.O.T ADSL connection which is 10 times faster than true adsl at only 990 baht each month for 1mb. highest at 4mb speeds. right now they are in promotion 1mb for 990baht. but you need T.O.T phone number that's all. I used it at my workplace on 512 connected to 36 machines and no problem, it is still superfast. one thing, I NEVER GET DISCONNECTED from it. just connected 24HOURS. my pc now becoming server lol. if you interest try to look at this site click on the flash banner and check if your T.O.T line phone working or not http://www.isp-thailand.com/adsl/checkarea.php if it is saying สามารถใช้บริการได้

then you are allow to use that number but if it is said ยังไม่สามารถใช้บริการ ADSL ได้ในขณะนี้  then sorry. TOT phone number will begin from 02-2 till 02-5 only but True will begin from 02-6 til 02-9. so hope this help you.

yours

Dorn

Thanks for the info. I sent an email to True describing in no uncertain terms how I felt like :D and :D and also a bit :o and though I never got a reply speeds has been great since. It could very well just be a coincidence but I will give it a chance.

The last couple of days the True connection has been back to normal if not worse.

I have seen people mentioning a way of getting 2mb REAL SPEED and pay 25baht/hour but I can't find anywhere explaining how it is done - though I know I have seen it. Is it something about changing the username or something?

I do not like to have to pay extra for something that should already be included but yesterday it took me six hours doing something that should only have taken one. When that happens I just have to bite the bullet I guess.

The last couple of days the True connection has been back to normal if not worse.

I have seen people mentioning a way of getting 2mb REAL SPEED and pay 25baht/hour but I can't find anywhere explaining how it is done - though I know I have seen it. Is it something about changing the username or something?

I do not like to have to pay extra for something that should already be included but yesterday it took me six hours doing something that should only have taken one. When that happens I just have to bite the bullet I guess.

I know you guys know :o Don't make me go through True's customer "service" - pleeeaaase :D

Change your username to xxxxxxxxx@TRUE2M and keep password same. But don't forget the hourly charge!!

Whilst I am a happy True customer I do also believe that their tactics are underhanded.

Change your username to xxxxxxxxx@TRUE2M and keep password same. But don't forget the hourly charge!!

Whilst I am a happy True customer I do also believe that their tactics are underhanded.

Thanks! I am not happy at all doing that but sometimes I just have to get something done - like yesterday. But I am not happy about it - that is for sure.

My opinion:

Web surfing doesn't improve a lot using 2M. Also downloading is not much faster than using Download Accelerator Plus.

What improves is the streaming. I can't even stream 300kbs on my 2.5mbs connection. No problems, however, on 2M.

But I simply refuse to pay for anything extra rated less than the connection I am paying for.