Evaluate My Photo

lifeincnx

Very nice, beach photos are not as easy as they look, good job

Thanks. It was the worst time of day to take a beach shot, about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. So I adjusted the area of the dog (face, etc.) in CS3 using both levels and curves adjustments on a duplicate layer, then pulling the changes through with a layer mask.

Thanks. It was the worst time of day to take a beach shot, about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. So I adjusted the area of the dog (face, etc.) in CS3 using both levels and curves adjustments on a duplicate layer, then pulling the changes through with a layer mask.

can we have a look at the original before your 'adjustments' please?

can we have a look at the original before your 'adjustments' please?

Sure. Here is the straight from RAW file to a CS3 'save for web' jpeg.

post-34511-1242991833.jpg post-34511-1242991860.jpg

Zoom in to see the difference. I pulled the face and shoulders area of the dog out from of the umbrella shadow, though less than 25% in the post version. If it was overdone it would have looked unnatural.

• 3 weeks later...

good image... for me, i would crop it tighter (see below). IMO, the photo says, "I wanna play too" and taking it in tight keeps my eye from wandering to the other side of the umbrella and tubes and fully places the emphasis on the little dog in the shade looking out at the boy in the water.

cheers

good image... for me, i would crop it tighter (see below). IMO, the photo says, "I wanna play too" and taking it in tight keeps my eye from wandering to the other side of the umbrella and tubes and fully places the emphasis on the little dog in the shade looking out at the boy in the water.

cheers

nice crop. thanx.