A Question About Bubble Wrap

resrea

Hi,

I send articles overseas on a regular basis and have only managed to find - thus far - really thin and next to useless bubble wrap here in Chiang Mai.

For a little while Office Depot had rolls of halfway decent stuff, but they've run out of even the crappy stuff now and they don't seem to think they'll be getting any more in.

Any help would be appreciated,

cheers,

Phil.

I don't know for sure (don't use that much of the stuff, myself) but I would expect Chiang Mai Plastics in Warorot Market to have what you need. They appear to have everything that is made out of plastic :)

/ Priceless

I buy bubble wrap in a huge roll from Chiang Mai Plastic.

It seems standard quality but ask them and maybe they have different sorts.

If something is really fragile just wrap round a few more layers.

I know that some people use popcorn (popped, obviously) for packaging.

Much more environmentally friendly.

You might need to check regulations of countries to which you are sending.

I think some countries would have a problem due to agricultural pests/food restrictions.

They appear to have everything that is made out of plastic :D

Just came back from there. They don't have sex toys made from plastic. :D

My apologies for sending you on a wild goose chase :D:D:D

/ Priceless

Naw, it was his wife that went on the wild goose chase. It was her that wanted it... for a friend. :)

Hi again - and thanks to everyone for their input - sex toys an' all :) - I just wanted to add that I tried Chiang Mai Plastics and they have plenty of the wafer thin stuff, but that's all they have.

The reason I'd like the better quality, thicker, bubble wrap is that I make up my own lined envelopes and the skinny stuff just doesn't do the job and is really slow to work with.

So - in short - I really do need the thicker, good quality stuff if anyone can help.

Anyway thanks again and best regards,

Phil.

Chiang Mai Plastics has the best quality bubble wrap that I have found. I've purchased bubble wrap from two different packing shops and their bubble wrap was inferior to that of Chiang Mai Plastics.

I guess it's all relative to where you've looked and what you've managed to find - as I said in my original post the best I've found in Chiang Mai was at Office Depot but they don't stock it any more and the Chiang Mai plastics stuff was very thin compared to that stuff - not that I want to belabour the point :)

Cheers.

I cant help you with where to find bubble wrap, sorry. Just, each time i notice your thread on the cm forum list it cant help but read the "I really do need to get a life" part. Oh, no need to belittle the joys of bubblewrap. Its one of lifes small pleasures.

Good luck finding the right one.

I cant help you with where to find bubble wrap, sorry. Just, each time i notice your thread on the cm forum list it cant help but read the "I really do need to get a life" part. Oh, no need to belittle the joys of bubblewrap. Its one of lifes small pleasures.

Good luck finding the right one.

thanks for your input - and you're absolutely right of course, I was forgetting the pleasure my wife takes in popping the little bubbles one by one - and if and when I do find quality bubble wrap - after all the miles I've put in so far - that will certainly be a joy :)

Cheers,

Phil.

i have bought good bubble wrap at tesco

rick

Hi Rick - I just flew down to Tesco Lotus on Hang Dong Road - searched the aisles like the desperado I am - but nothing - was that the store you meant ?

Cheers,

Phil.

There's a stationary shop just 1 or 2 hundred meters north of Changpuak Road Post Office, on the same side of the road, before the footbridge and 7/11, that sells bubble wrap by the meter (2 meter high rolls). I used to use the smaller bubbled stuff, but I think they may also have other alternatives.

You can get bubble wrap, which I have found ok, I had a 100m roll of the stuff that was about 4ft high.

Bought it from 'Tanin Market'? That market on left hand side heading out of of town on the Chang Phueak Road. The market that has that little one way system around it.

There is a stationary shop which is on the north side (just opposite the food market), very close to Chang Phueak road. The shop sells everything including bubble wrap.

In the shop they only sell 1m squares of the stuff but if you speak to the Chinese woman owner (who speaks English) she will get you 100m roll, which is about 3 feet in diameter, pretty sure I paid less than 1000bht, but can't remember. If you look at the 1m square stuff in the shop you can see if it's any good for you?

Hope this helps.