Tiger Motorcycle Specs And Photos - Rs250, Etc.

Do you like it?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will post information, specifications and reviews as they become available to this post. You are welcome to participate in the poll, but please lets try to keep the clutter down so that those that are truely interested in the new Tigers have an easy source for information. If the information I provide is useful to you and you do decide to go to the dealer to check out, demo or buy a Tiger, please tell them you were referred by my efforts.

I will begin compiling info for the RS250 first, but I will include information on other models as well. I promise to be as objective as possible along the way so that all may have a realistic reference point at which to begin to make their own choices.

Thanks.

John.

post-72010-1242880334_thumb.jpg

I will post information, specifications and reviews as they become available to this post. You are welcome to participate in the poll, but please lets try to keep the clutter down so that those that are truely interested in the new Tigers have an easy source for information. If the information I provide is useful to you and you do decide to go to the dealer to check out, demo or buy a Tiger, please tell them you were referred by my efforts.

I will begin compiling info for the RS250 first, but I will include information on other models as well. I promise to be as objective as possible along the way so that all may have a realistic reference point at which to begin to make their own choices.

Thanks.

John.

I bought the tiger already...when you john buy one tell khun pariya from Tiger Motors, Kano85 or mbox were referring you with their efforts....you'll get a free kickstarter:-)i got one too:-)....

seriously, it is good to have this thread as additional source there is lot of good info also here http://www.boxermc.info

mbox

Edited by mbox

Here are the Hi-Res photos of the Tiger Boxer RS250.

If there is anything else in particular you would like to see or know, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to accomodate your request.

John

post-72010-1242886583_thumb.jpg

post-72010-1242886740_thumb.jpg

post-72010-1242886880_thumb.jpg

post-72010-1242887009_thumb.jpg

post-72010-1242887624_thumb.jpg

post-72010-1242887824_thumb.jpg

post-72010-1242888256_thumb.jpg

post-72010-1242888518_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnefallis

JF, very cool thread! Maybe Mbox could add his pix to the thread.

Are there any other model colours besides red?

There you go....other colors are white, blue and as special color the yellow (kano85 has a yelow one)

mbox

post-39208-1242889820_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242889861_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242889877_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242889890_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242889903_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242889914_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242889929_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242889941_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242889954_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242889969_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242889986_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242889998_thumb.jpg

Edited by mbox

JF, very cool thread! Maybe Mbox could add his pix to the thread.

Are there any other model colours besides red?

Yes, there are other colors and other models. I have some brochures I will need to scan and will acquire hi-res photos and specs for other models and post them as I am able.

I will also give a review of the performance and other aspects of the Tiger bikes once I have had the opportunity to complete demo rides on them.

John

• 2 months later...
TANK AND SADDLE BAGS

Hi,

A friend of mine just got a Tiger 250 and is looking for tank and saddle bags.

Does any one have some recommendations/contacts to get such equipment in BKK or Chang Mai ?

Thanks

Hi there...tankbag is what i am also looking out for...but it'll take a while to find a nice smallish one with either straps ( something like this would fit i guess http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2126/332/ ) or suction cup...

but ....saddlebags on a boxer??? My imagination tells me that it will look ridiculous...but this shall change until i am being proven differently.

If you find anything interesting let us know .

Mbox

how fast do these TIGER 250 go?

Hi there,

130km/h is about the gps correct speed...having said that i was loaded with a full top box and am not a lightweight myself. Best speed to drive is about 110-115km/h

mbox

TANK AND SADDLE BAGS

Hi,

A friend of mine just got a Tiger 250 and is looking for tank and saddle bags.

Does any one have some recommendations/contacts to get such equipment in BKK or Chang Mai ?

Thanks

Tankbag.... i just bought this one for my boxer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...COR:MOTORS:1123

should be fitting perfectly...will find out in about 2 weeks ( thats the shipping duration estimate)

mbox

• Like 1

Think it's very nice indeed though I would change the headlight, that looks too much like a Sonic.

Hi there

you are right and currently my Boxer is at factory to get a cb400sf style light now( also gets other indicators front and back)...this is possibly offered in the future as standard choice from the 2 different lights. will post pictures as soon as i got it back...

mbox

Think it's very nice indeed though I would change the headlight, that looks too much like a Sonic.

Hi there

you are right and currently my Boxer is at factory to get a cb400sf style light now( also gets other indicators front and back)...this is possibly offered in the future as standard choice from the 2 different lights. will post pictures as soon as i got it back...

mbox

Yes the headlight really is the worst feature of the bike. Looks almost like they forgot to put one on and got one 2nd hand off a Sonic as Judas said. Will be very interested to see photo's of yours with the new one.

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious.....hard to pick up in the pics....what width rims does the bike have, what tyres are standard.

The front disc looks a big diameter? single or double piston caliphers?

Hi,

you find the specs of the Boxer here: http://tigersachsclub.com/tproducts.html

on my boxer 250 RS i have front tires: Dunlop 100/80 ,back tire is : Dunlop 120/80

hope that helps,

mbox

Q1: Anyone asked the factory to give them the unpainted parts for a custom paint job?

Q2: Maybe it's just me, but I have no use for the "map" which supposedly shows a Tiger dealership in Bangkok. OK, I am a fathead, still, a complete address would be better than this. i asked a Thai and she cannot figure out this map wither.

Q3: Are different rims needed for tubeless Dumlop tires?? I heard they also sell Dunlops with tubes...

Chris

Just curious.....hard to pick up in the pics....what width rims does the bike have, what tyres are standard.

Hi,

on my boxer 250 RS i have front tires: Dunlop 100/80 ,back tire is : Dunlop 120/80

hope that helps,

mbox

Just clicked that link mbox and noticed Sachs bikes shown too. Any idea if Sachs X-Road 250 is actually available for sale here?

Hi,

hope that helps,

mbox

Just clicked that link mbox and noticed Sachs bikes shown too. Any idea if Sachs X-Road 250 is actually available for sale here?

Hi there,

the x-road is not for sale as yet....the initial plan ,as ii was informed, was to have it with an carburated engine ...but it seems they are changing now to fuelinjected...so it is worked on but it has delays for this reason and there is no release date as yet. Looking forward myself to have it available...

hope that helps,

mbox

Q1: Anyone asked the factory to give them the unpainted parts for a custom paint job?

I haven't, but i am quite certain it can be done...ask khun pariya for this - email address is on the tiger thread or any other tiger thread -haven't got it on hand now.

Q2: Maybe it's just me, but I have no use for the "map" which supposedly shows a Tiger dealership in Bangkok. OK, I am a fathead, still, a complete address would be better than this. i asked a Thai and she cannot figure out this map wither.

I went there by taxi showed the driver the address and called the phone nr from tiger's showroom and let the tiger guys explain the way to get there...easy really. If you have a gps maybe i can try to get the coordinates?

Q3: Are different rims needed for tubeless Dumlop tires?? I heard they also sell Dunlops with tubes...

The rims did not need a change for the tubeless dunlops as i have them on my boxer

Chris

hope that helps,

mbox

Edited by mbox

Thanks, Richard - much appreciated. you are always kind, helpful and knowledgeable...

Here is that map which is frustrating me so much

Chris

hi Kf6vci

guess you mixing me up being richard-bkk ? Does a google earth placemarker help?

mbox

Thanks, Richard - much appreciated. you are always kind, helpful and knowledgeable...

Here is that map which is frustrating me so much

Chris

Hi chris...just looked at the map again..."major cineplex ratchayothin" is propably the best landmark nearby the tiger showroom...from there it is a walk away. are you able to find your way to the cineplex? because from there onwards the map is easy to be used.

mbox