Muscle Building Products

Damaz6052

Notably, the pharmacies which line the road in the Nana district are famous for selling, without prescription, performance-enhancing medicine - if you count them as 'products' - however TV forum rules prohibt discussion of this.

If however, you are looking for worthless 'muscle-building' supplements to waste your money on, there is always GNC in all the malls and all the other legitimate pharmacies with protein powders, creatine, amino acid tablets and all that snake-oil.

I use optimum nutrition standard gold whey, i import it with a friend and sell it. I use it myself too and it is good stuff its one of the shakes that actually tastes good. It has BCAA's added and some other stuff too. Its better as the stuff you usually find in Thailand.

I also use cafeine capsules on workout days, not always but just when i want some extra energy. They work quite well for that but i would not take them too late as then they ruin your sleep.

Other then that i try to eat healthy food and keep to a dieet but i must say that is hard at times, because people tend to eat out in Thailand.

I love working out.

About the illegal products i can only say better do real good research before you start most problems can be countered but you must know really good what your getting yourself into.

on thai-musle.com you can find a lot of info about healthy food in Thailand. Its still new but there is some nice info there already.

• 4 weeks later...
Barbells and dumbbells are avaliable at every gtm.

So true.. i mean you can take steriods and do nothing then you wont get any muscle. You can eat protein and do nothing still no muscle.. in the end you will have to work out to gain muscle (and eat right and rest).. it goes something like this 1) eat well 2) work out 3) rest.. repeat untill satisfied with the results

• 4 weeks later...

I normally lurk here and just read when Im bored, but I thought I would chime in on this, seeing as how I train/use & Import supps

Notably, the pharmacies which line the road in the Nana district are famous for selling, without prescription, performance-enhancing medicine - if you count them as 'products' - however TV forum rules prohibt discussion of this.

If however, you are looking for worthless 'muscle-building' supplements to waste your money on, there is always GNC in all the malls and all the other legitimate pharmacies with protein powders, creatine, amino acid tablets and all that snake-oil.

True, but supplementing your diet with added nutrients is hardly "worthless" IMO. I guess is all depends what your goals are. But judging by your performance-enhancing medicine knowledge, and where to get it, im surprised that you would have such a narrow-minded opinion of such things.

Diet is 70% of training.

I use optimum nutrition standard gold whey, i import it with a friend and sell it. I use it myself too and it is good stuff its one of the shakes that actually tastes good. It has BCAA's added and some other stuff too. Its better as the stuff you usually find in Thailand.

I also use cafeine capsules on workout days, not always but just when i want some extra energy. They work quite well for that but i would not take them too late as then they ruin your sleep.

Other then that i try to eat healthy food and keep to a dieet but i must say that is hard at times, because people tend to eat out in Thailand.

I love working out.

About the illegal products i can only say better do real good research before you start most problems can be countered but you must know really good what your getting yourself into.

on thai-musle.com you can find a lot of info about healthy food in Thailand. Its still new but there is some nice info there already.

You seem to know your stuff bro, Ive seen you chime in on a few threads about working out/supps. Good on ya. I too import my stuff. I use bodybuilding dot com. Thing to note is that most companys have thailand on their "Fradulent Countrys" list. They require confirmed payment before items can be shipped. I use direct bank transfer.

ON whey is good stuff, I order that and ON Serious Mass (1600 cals in water) along with some other stuff.

I never saw thai-muscle before, thats pretty good, thanks man!

Barbells and dumbbells are avaliable at every gtm.

So true.. i mean you can take steriods and do nothing then you wont get any muscle. You can eat protein and do nothing still no muscle.. in the end you will have to work out to gain muscle (and eat right and rest).. it goes something like this 1) eat well 2) work out 3) rest.. repeat untill satisfied with the results

^^ Word

Well, if you like Mushashi or whatever, then www.thaisupplements.com has them. They ship anywhere in thailand and have a main office in bangkok. I used them ONCE and they REALLY pissed me off. WIll never use again. WAY too expensive. I was in bangkok and in a hurry because I had to catch a flight. I called them up and asked specifically if they had the "Bulk" protien. The big tub/bag. Then I had my gf ask them in thai just to be sure. They said that they have it and to come by. I went, and they look at me and say "Oh sorry we not have but you can try this one instead" and handed me a little 600 gram tub of some crap. I almost lost it. Anyway, your mileage may vary.

I have faith in a few supplements:

- protein powders (as an addition to an already balanced diet)

- creatine for extra intense workouts

- cafeine for extra energy (would not use it too much but on certain occasions)

- fish oil (helps for a lot of things)

If your base diet isn't good you will not amount to much. Myself i have to be really careful of what i eat else i will get fat so no weight gainers for me. However if i'm clean bulking i use a protein powder and add some oats to it. All natural and good.

I do sell protein powders now but only the 10 lbs 4,5 kg ones from optimum nutritionand usually meet the person that want the stuff somewhere in BKK. So its cash on delivery. Makes it better for both parties, no insecurities about money or delivery.

The Thai-muscle site is good but a bit dead at the moment we need to find active members for it, this is hard because we are targeting sportive farangs who like to workout. Its hard to find active members and else its just the same persons who are posting.

Thanks for the Thai-muscle forum link. Looks interesting. I will have to check it out when home.

I have bought All the Whey protein powder from thaibodybuilding.net. It used to be around Bt 800 for a kilo, but they only sell 10lbs for Bt 3,550 at the moment.

Just checked their site and they advertise ON Gold whey 10lbs at Bt 4,050.

I used to take creatine but stopped. Keep meaning to start taking again as I found it helped.

I also take concentrated fish oil and a multivitamin, both Boots own brand.

Its a little annoying when you look at somewhere like myprotein.co.uk and see how cheap supplements are in the UK compared to here.

Anyone any suggestions on where to get cheaper flaxseed oil/fish oil, as Boots is quite expensive?

Thanks for the Thai-muscle forum link. Looks interesting. I will have to check it out when home.

I have bought All the Whey protein powder from thaibodybuilding.net. It used to be around Bt 800 for a kilo, but they only sell 10lbs for Bt 3,550 at the moment.

I used to take creatine but stopped. Keep meaning to start taking again as I found it helped.

Its a little annoying when you look at somewhere like myprotein.co.uk and see how cheap supplements are in the UK compared to here.

Anyone any suggestions on where to get cheaper flaxseed oil/fish oil, as Boots is quite expensive?

Nice price will have to talk to my supplier as i get it a lot more expensive and sell it more expensive too. What is the price for laxseed oil ? currently i just let it fly over by a befriended airline hostess.

Had a look at their website and it shows the ON at 4050 for 10 lbs.Will call them tomorrow for an order as this is even cheaper then us or europe.Actually it is cheaper then the 20 kg bulk you can buy in thailand.Do you know if they speak english as the site is thai only.

Also had a look at the all whey details but it shows 10 lbs or 1,200 kg.Clearly a mistake overthere.

I hope the optimum not turns out to be the price per kg.

My boyfriend and many of his friends take a thing called " jintropin" ( maybe wrongly written)and swear by it. Like, total conviction in its benefits and I must admit that his energy levels do seem up.

They get it directly from china.

What do people here think about it?

My boyfriend and many of his friends take a thing called " jintropin" ( maybe wrongly written)and swear by it. Like, total conviction in its benefits and I must admit that his energy levels do seem up.

They get it directly from china.

What do people here think about it?

Jintropin is HGH human growth hormone, many swear by it i hear a lot of bodybuilders take it. I don't because its actually quate expensive if you take 4IU a day. It also takes a long time to work, need to do it for more then a few months. I was interested in the fat burning properties of it but decided not to do it because of the cost and needles involved.

I dont mind injecting myself but on a daily base is a bit too much for me.

I have faith in a few supplements:

- protein powders (as an addition to an already balanced diet)

- creatine for extra intense workouts

- cafeine for extra energy (would not use it too much but on certain occasions)

- fish oil (helps for a lot of things)

If your base diet isn't good you will not amount to much. Myself i have to be really careful of what i eat else i will get fat so no weight gainers for me. However if i'm clean bulking i use a protein powder and add some oats to it. All natural and good.

I do sell protein powders now but only the 10 lbs 4,5 kg ones from optimum nutritionand usually meet the person that want the stuff somewhere in BKK. So its cash on delivery. Makes it better for both parties, no insecurities about money or delivery.

The Thai-muscle site is good but a bit dead at the moment we need to find active members for it, this is hard because we are targeting sportive farangs who like to workout. Its hard to find active members and else its just the same persons who are posting.

Me, I use ON Whey to suppliment my meals, if I need a little extra protien. I use the ON Serious Mass as a MRP (Meal Replacement) in between meals. I have to basically drink 2 food meals per day because I cant physically eat that many calories per day. I do the Whey/Oat combo also. Thats good effective stuff.

I also use some stuff called SuperPump 250. Pre-workout drink for energy and power. Good stuff. Creatine,Caffine,Tuarine,NO, all in one.

Then Flax, and Multi.

Had a look at their website and it shows the ON at 4050 for 10 lbs.Will call them tomorrow for an order as this is even cheaper then us or europe.Actually it is cheaper then the 20 kg bulk you can buy in thailand.Do you know if they speak english as the site is thai only.

Also had a look at the all whey details but it shows 10 lbs or 1,200 kg.Clearly a mistake overthere.

Definately not cheaper than in the USA. USA = 2600 Baht roughly. But still - 4050 baht is still not bad considering Shipping/Import Dutys. Id be hard to get a better price if you imported it yourself.

Dang, I never saw that website before. Thats not bad if you need stuff asap.

Definately not cheaper than in the USA. USA = 2600 Baht roughly. But still - 4050 baht is still not bad considering Shipping/Import Dutys. Id be hard to get a better price if you imported it yourself.

I have imported myself but they slap you with 60% duty that is why i sell it for more as with their website. So i wonder how they get it in the country.

Actually what makes optimum whey so special?

I also heard a lot of it but only today I took a look at the specs and found that it contains only 79% protein and 3.29 % fat so it is no whey isolate as that contains minimum 90% protein.

If I look at the bulk protein that thaisupplements sells and which I use at the moment,it has 93% protein dry basis and <1.2% fat(shown on the analysis which is always attached).It is lower in sugar,potassium and sodium so actually better.

The whey protein isolate from TS is provon 290 from Glanbia.

Can some of you explain what makes the optimum a better choice.

I also heard a lot of it but only today I took a look at the specs and found that it contains only 79% protein and 3.29 % fat so it is no whey isolate as that contains minimum 90% protein.

If I look at the bulk protein that thaisupplements sells and which I use at the moment,it has 93% protein dry basis and <1.2% fat(shown on the analysis which is always attached).It is lower in sugar,potassium and sodium so actually better.

It has some other things added to it like BCCA's and glutamine plus it tastes good. But actually its just that i could get my hands on it that made me use it. Compared to the things i could get in Thailand first its a big improvement. Its just that beggers can't be choosers in Thailand.

Your protein looks better (but optimum has the BCCA's and glutamine so its up to what you want) and i never heard of thaisupplements before. For me i just was able to get optimum and started selling it, that was before i found out it could be bought somewhere else cheaper. Anyway i dont worry too much about it as its not my primary source of income and not every farang wants to deal with a thai company.

Isolate is just only whey protien. ON Whey has vitamins, minerals, BCAA's. Small amounts of sugar and sodium are actually good for you. With the Isolate you still have to/need to suppliment other vitamins. ON Whey, just mix and go. also, the price is good, and they are very well known. If im going to be eating something 1-2-3 times a day, I want the product to be very well known.

On a side note, check this out:

ThaiSupp product:

All The Whey

All the whey website:

Salmonella

NOTIFICATION LETTER

Urgent!

All the Whey announces a voluntary recall of the following lot numbers, as a precaution:

9108 9115 9122

9129 9136 9143

9150 9157 9164

9171 9178 9185

These lot numbers refer to Whey Protein Blend; Whey Protein Concentrate; Supermass 600; and Optiblend. These products were produced and distributed on April or May of 2009.

We have been contacted by one our protein suppliers that whey protein concentrate in these lot numbers has been voluntarily recalled.

These lots have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections

(i.e. infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.

Thanks for your reply.Include you find a spec of the whey isolate I was talking about including the amino acid profile.Please post your comments about.

Well, its dicieving to me because all the numbers are for 100g. I dont think that 100g is 1 serving. 100g = 89g protien, and thats too much for a serving. I think its going to be more like 40-50g for a serving. So you have to take all the numbers that they give you, and divide by half...

That said, its still not bad. But, if using for only pre/post workout. You have to add some things to it. Calories/fat are not bad. Sugar is good also.

So, 50g serving = 45g protien, 186 cals. Its pretty much JUST protien. So its up to the consumer to know HOW to use it.

I have to say, this stuff loks pretty good actually. BCAA's look good, almost no fat/lactose (No protien farts)

Where are you getting this stuff again?

Thanks for your reply.Include you find a spec of the whey isolate I was talking about including the amino acid profile.Please post your comments about.

Well, its dicieving to me because all the numbers are for 100g. I dont think that 100g is 1 serving. 100g = 89g protien, and thats too much for a serving. I think its going to be more like 40-50g for a serving. So you have to take all the numbers that they give you, and divide by half...

That said, its still not bad. But, if using for only pre/post workout. You have to add some things to it. Calories/fat are not bad. Sugar is good also.

So, 50g serving = 45g protien, 186 cals. Its pretty much JUST protien. So its up to the consumer to know HOW to use it.

I have to say, this stuff loks pretty good actually. BCAA's look good, almost no fat/lactose (No protien farts)

Where are you getting this stuff again?

A normal serving is around 30 grams at least that is a scoop of ON

Re thaibodybuildings website, I called the mobile no. there before and a Thai guy answered who spoke decent English. A messenger delivered the protein to me at my office the next day and I think I paid Bt 1-200 delivery charge.

No idea how he can sell cheap, but I am sure he used to sell the ON whey at a higher price.

@Strange - Where do you get your flaxseed oil from and how much is it?