Ubon Airport To Downtown

Briggsy

Briggsy,

If you arrive here in Ubon and have a booking at a hotel or know where you want to go most major ubon hotels have vans just outside the main exit. The drivers stand across the lane holding signs for their hotel.

If you don't want to go to a hotel, when you are exiting the baggage claim area look to your left and you will see car rental booths. Chow Wattana has a taxi service. They charge 100 Baht per passenger inside the city limits.

Hope this helps.

P.S. if you think you will be wanting breakfast upon arrival I have a suggestion a newly opened expat shop near the air force base main entrance.

Thanks.

I will be heading directly to Chow Wattana's rental company to rent a bike and then biking it to Khong Jiam.

So I guess I'll be using their taxi service too. Maybe they'll give me a discount!

As for breakfast, well, whatever I come across along the way.

Thanks again (exit baggage claim, look to left, exit baggage claim, look to left, exit baggage claim, look to left, exit baggage claim, look to left, exit baggage claim, look to left,...100 Baht, 100 Baht, 100 Baht, 100 Baht)

:)

Arriving on the Air Asia flight due in at 0830.

Do buses/vans etc. run to downtown Ubon and how much do they charge?

Thanks.

For whatever reason buses and tuk tuks are not allowed inside the airport. You can take a tuk tuk there but they can' hang around. You can either catch a hotel shuttle, get a taxi or walk. Once I was walking from the airport and someone stopped and offered me a ride.