I am hoping someone here knows something about the process in which

a victim of a crime can obtain an vise extention, while waiting to goto court.

I would like to know is there any law that states the amount of time

a person can remain in the country while waiting for the perp to be arrested?

Does the victim have to pay for the extention or does it fall on the courts to advise

the Immigration dept. to extend?

Does the Immigration laws state whether a person non-thai has the right to remain in the country

waiting to go through court proccedings?

I was stabbed 3 times in the back coming out of a restaurant by a drunk thai guy

and had both lungs punctured. The man was arrested and let go after 2 days,

because the police refused to see me in the hospital. The said they dont speak english and can't

take the complaint. The man admitted to stabbing me and they let him go anyway. To my bewilderment

I just couldn't understand if he admitted to it aren't there laws stating he must remain

incarcerated and the police would actually proceed anyway?

Well now the police are waiting to catch him, because after letting him go he

did a runner, SURPRISE SURPRISE.

I have been waiting for justice and my day in court for 2 years now, and just recently the Immigration

dept. told me they won't extend my vise this time. In the past they have every 90 days as long as the arresting

officer provided me with an update of the case in writing, which he recently did and they refused anyway.

I asked why and they said the case is taking to long, well I feel the same way and am running out of money.

Looking for any laws that can help protect my rights for justice.

HELP ANYONE

Any information pertaining to these questions or topic will greatly be appreciated.

The only thing that I know of is the police order that covers the extension. And it says.

2.26 In the case of litigation or judicial proceeding:Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time

(1) Proof of involvement in litigation or judicial proceedings as complainant, the aggrieved party, accused, plaintiff, defendant or witness.

I can't see that there is any time limit on how long it can go on.

Immigration allows for an extension of stay if you are involved in legal procedings. You know about that rule already. Can they refuse it? Well, you can ask for a refusal in writing and apeal that refusal to a higher officer, in that case it would be beter to get a lawyer involved.

It would also depend on the case. For simply to wait till the case goes to court I can imagine that immigration tells you to come back when the case is to be due in court.

You have to pay for the extensions yourself. Maybe you can get it back if the suspect gets convicted, but even so you have to ask the question if he will be able to pay for it. There is an old joke about going bust twice. The first time was when the person lost the case, the second time when he won another case.

Just be glad you are alive and get home. There is no justice here if it comes to Thais against Farangs. You will lose. In samui I saw 2 tourists get beaten in front of a crowd 30 by 3 Thai jet ski renters. People caught it on video and everything. The three Thais had the book thrown at them. 500 baht fine. That's it! If this was the other way around they would be picking up your remains to send home.

Just happy to be alive

The only thing that I know of is the police order that covers the extension. And it says.
2.26 In the case of litigation or judicial proceeding:Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time

(1) Proof of involvement in litigation or judicial proceedings as complainant, the aggrieved party, accused, plaintiff, defendant or witness.

Can you tell me where I can find Thai law and where you found this police 2.26 order?

Thanks

Can you tell me where I can find Thai law and where you found this police 2.26 order?

Thanks

At the top of the page is an area called Pinned Topics, it has alot of useful information and links. Click on the 4th one down, and again on the 4th one down and go to Item 12. This is a translation of the Thai Regulation affecting extensions of stay. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-.html Scroll down to Item 2.26.

Edited by beechguy

Thanks

Here is unofficial translation of police order and original Thai version from immigration.

police_order_2008.pdf Thai_2008_police_order.pdf

Thanks

At the top of the page is an area called Pinned Topics, it has alot of useful information and links. Click on the 4th one down, and again on the 4th one down and go to Item 12. This is a translation of the Thai Regulation affecting extensions of stay. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-.html Scroll down to Item 2.26.

Thank you all for the information it has been very helpful

Thailand is just 'GREAT' !

I am so sorry to hear of this terrible crime that has taken place, I am sure if you were the perpetrator then you would have been paraded on TV in cuffs with a sign around your neck which read, 'FARANG MAI DEE' !

Indeed, sorry to hear that the OP has to go through such an ordeal. If it would have been me or you or any other whiteface we would surely not be realeased after 2 days.

Anyway, lawyer will cost you money but is probably the best way to go IMHO.

Post your story in a newspaper at home via the internet then post it in the Nation or Bangkok Post, and claim that you are posting it in foreign newspapers too; believe me there are some important people reading, and they will do something.

Good luck

Bishop

You have shit like this happening but yet when a lady steals a bar towel they pretty much ruin her life.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Australian-W...et-t266333.html

Go to the papers and especially the international ones, post the information where ever you can along with the names of the people dealing with it, the accused, police officer and even the prosecutor.

If they can parade people on T.V. when they have been "accused" of a crime then post there information.

Downright despicable, that's why I always say now "take advantage of the Thais" when you can, when you need to buy something try to go the little extra and find a foreigner to buy it from. If they think they are in a financial pinch now the people living here could really put more of a pinch on it. Stop feeding the animal that only bites you.

Since the OP has gotten some answers to his questions and this topic has drifted complely of topic.

It is now closed unless the OP contacts me or another mod and asks for it to be reopened.

Topic :)