Thai Visa Flight For 3 Months, Possible To Get Only Stamp?

Hi all and thanks for your time.

I am planning to book my flight to Thailand as soon as my salary comes.

I want to go asap since my gf is waiting for me in Isan and mis her a lot.

My plan is to book for the flight for +- 3 months, but I don't want to wait for my Visa over here.

Please only answer this question:

Is it possible to book a flight for 3 months, get a stamp for a month and go to Penang for a real Visa near the end date of my stamp?

Thanks again.

Nathon

Hi all and thanks for your time.

I am planning to book my flight to Thailand as soon as my salary comes.

I want to go asap since my gf is waiting for me in Isan and mis her a lot.

My plan is to book for the flight for +- 3 months, but I don't want to wait for my Visa over here.

Please only answer this question:

Is it possible to book a flight for 3 months, get a stamp for a month and go to Penang for a real Visa near the end date of my stamp?

Thanks again.

Nathon

:)

Yes, it's possible. But frankly it is just as easy to get a 60 day tourist visa in your country (depending where you are) at your Thai consulate. You can extend that in Thailand for 30 days, which will give you 90 days. With your passport and photos you should be able to get a 60 day tourist visa in your Thai consulate in one or two days at best. Extend that for 30 days in Thailand. Be aware there is a fee for all of them. Not much, but you do have to pay.

Of course, if you are allowed to get a stamp on arrival. That's free, but you will find that it going to cost you to go to Penang, you'll need a hotel for a couple of days, and you'll still end up paying for the visa. It will take you two days in Penang...one day to arrive and turn in your forms and passport for the visa, and you will have to come back on the afternoon of the 2nd day to get your visa. With transportaion, consider a 3 day trip.

Whichever you choose...but I'd rather get a tourist visa before I leave. It's up to you.

:D

The airline probably will not allow you on the flight unless you have a flight out within 30 days if you do not have a visa.

Tell us what country you are in and we can probably help you with the visa.

Depending on what country you are from, but chances are good you can get Visa On arrival [30 day entry stamp at arriving airport.

I would think the airline would let you board if you had a round trip ticket, with open return 3 mo, or 6 mo.

Once in Thailand and the expiration of the 30 days you should be able to get a 30 day ext, I believe the cost to be 1900 baht.

If in Issan you should be reasonably close to a land border crossing and can get 2 additional 15 day stamps. This would enable you and your gf a little holiday excursion.

I would seem to believe you are in too much of a hurry to get a tourist visa where you are now located.

Lust, Passion, Pant

Good Luck and bring lots of money

Any how this is just my belief, and is highly subject to being wrong

Gonzo

Edited by ubonjoe
deleted excess space ubonjoe

It is a visa exempt entry.

The airline can and often do refuse boarding if the return or onward ticket is not within 30 days if you do not have a visa.

The only extension that you can get for a visa exempt entry is 7 days.

It is a visa exempt entry.

The airline can and often do refuse boarding if the return or onward ticket is not within 30 days if you do not have a visa.

The only extension that you can get for a visa exempt entry is 7 days.

The above by UJ is all correct. He needs a Visa. A single Entry Tourist Visa will give him 3 months including the 30 day extension. Maybe he needs a double entry or he can do a border run for a further 15 days.

Hi all and thanks for your replies.

Just for the record. I came back in february after being in Thailand for 16 months and having the same gf for over a year.

Yes I am in kind of a hurry. Lust, passion and love are deeply within me. Atm I am kind of broke but have looooots of money coming in soon :D

I forgot how long it takes to get my Visa and if I have to pay the money upfront.

Yes I am in France, but I am Dutch and will probably fly from Germany :)

Any additional info is deeply appreciated.

Kind regards,

Nathon

How long it takes will depend upon where you apply. Most embassies and consualtes only take a couple of days.

The cost is the equivalent of 1000 baht per entry in local currency. You pay when you apply.

Hmm. But this will involve some traveling, because now I am in the north of France so going to Paris is a big journey if afterwards I will fly from germany. Same applies if I first go back to Den Haag (Netherlands).

What if I only book for a month and then extend the flight later. Will there be any problems with the flight then. On Visahq.com it states tourist visa is not required(whatever they mean with that), you can get a 30 day stamp if you enter the kingdom by air don't you? I don't mind going to Penang later when I am together with my gf again.

Nathon

Many embassies and consulates will accept applications by mail. Germany is another option for the visa the Stuttgart and Munich consulates are a good choice.

That visahq line is talking abut visa exempt entries and yes you will get 30 days on entry.

You could change your flight reservations and then change them later if you want to,

You can get a touris visa in Vientiane, Penang, KL, and PP Cambodia.

Edit: Stuttgart conuslate website: http://www.thaikonsulat.de/index2.html

The will also issue multiple entry non-o visas to visit friends. That would allow you leave an re-enter for a year getting 90 days each entry. They accept mail in applications from anywhere in Eurpope ahd have been reported to give good service.

I had it correct in my head, but typed it down wrong.

I will get the Visa in Stuttgart, and than fly from Frankfurt :)

Thanks again.

[EDIT] unless it is possible to get it done in frankfurt since this will save me around 65 euro?!?

Edited by twister

• 2 weeks later...
I had it correct in my head, but typed it down wrong.

I will get the Visa in Stuttgart, and than fly from Frankfurt :)

Thanks again.

[EDIT] unless it is possible to get it done in frankfurt since this will save me around 65 euro?!?

It is possible, the visa only takes 1 day and even without it you can book a round trip ticket for up to 6 months without a visa.

Fact is your visa has nothing to do with your ticket. If you wanted at the spur of the moment to buy a ticket to say for instance japan for 6 months while you were at the airport then jump on the plane, when you entered they would give you a 30 day stamp and then you could just go anywhere and apply for a longer visa once you were there.

Airline could refuse boarding to anyone who do not meet entry requirements - and for entry to Thailand without visa means onward air ticket out to a country you have paperwork to enter within the allowed 30 day visa exempt entry stay. This is often enforced on long haul flights.