Early Travel From Airport To Pattaya

I will be arriving at BKK early, expect to outside looking for transport to Pattaya about 0700 hrs, where do I go to get a taxi and how much should it cost? What is the difference with a meter and non metered taxi I am reading?

I use the public taxi stand - located on same floor as arrivals and is accessed via the last exit door on the left of the terminal building.

I get quoted Bt1,500, including tolls. But I always get them down to Bt1,300 with tolls (Bt60) paid by me. Pay the driver at drop-off (plus tip). I also insist on travelling via the Motorway, not the Bang Na/Chonburi Tollway.

Never any hassle and rarely have to wait for a taxi. No interest in messing about looking for a taxi at departure level, especially after a long flight.

Used to arrange for a car to meet me but had an issue or two with that service.

Easy route for me is: immigration/customs/buy a paper/go to taxi stand/hire the taxi/arrive in Pattaya 1hr 15mins later.

Have arrived early mornings, usually when travelling from India, at around 6/7am, no problem with availability of taxis at that time.

Edited by dabhand

In a prior thread, several people recommended Mr. T. Taxi. I emailed him for a 11:30 PM arrival and although the flight landed really early and I expected to wait, a driver (him??) was waiting for me. 1,000 baht and he paid the tolls. It was a huge van that could have carried about 5 people with luggage. For one person I was expecting a car.

Really nice guy and was genuinely grateful that I tipped extra.

One thing, he said to look for my name on the board at gate 3. I didn't know if that meant it was some kind of sign board or what the arrangement was. He means there will be someone waiting in an area by exit door 3 of the arrivals floor with your name on a sign. That's to the right after leaving customs.

[email protected]

081-2587716

Bell bus should be fine for your needs. Direct from airport to pattay bus station, and then they will provide a minivan that will drop you off at your hotel.

There is also another bus service right next to where the Bell Bus gal usually sets up shop and they actually have a little kiosk. Prices are about the same, but I don't know if they provide minivan once at pattaya or if it is as direct, etc. I never used them.

If taxi, I just go outside and use one. Pay in advance and have never had any problems. But frankly, if I arrive during day light hours, the Bell bus is fine and saves 1000 baht. It is more comfortable than most taxis I have been in. They always seem warm, rattle a lot, and have too much new car smell with all the outgassing from the plastic interiors. I feel a lot safer in a big bus, although they too have had their share of accidents.

• 3 weeks later...
I always use O.N. Taxi to travel from Bangkok to Pattaya and vice versa and find them very reliable. E Mail [email protected]

and they will pick up at the airport. :)

So do I,but they have been hard to contact by email recently.The driver who took me to BKK two months ago said that Mr Oad was either asleep or dead ( he didn't speak good English ).Does anyone know any more before I phone them?

I always use O.N. Taxi to travel from Bangkok to Pattaya and vice versa and find them very reliable. E Mail [email protected]

and they will pick up at the airport. :)

So do I,but they have been hard to contact by email recently.The driver who took me to BKK two months ago said that Mr Oad was either asleep or dead ( he didn't speak good English ).Does anyone know any more before I phone them?

I phoned Mr Oad's mobile and Mr Chai answered.He vaguely confirmed that Mr Oad had died but the taxi service carries on.The new email is [email protected].

I will be arriving at BKK early, expect to outside looking for transport to Pattaya about 0700 hrs, where do I go to get a taxi and how much should it cost? What is the difference with a meter and non metered taxi I am reading?

:) Pre order you taxi heres a list of some to try

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

www.pttaxiservice.com

www.taxiservicepattaya.com

www.pattaya4leisure.com

:) Pre order you taxi heres a list of some to try

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

www.pttaxiservice.com

www.taxiservicepattaya.com

www.pattaya4leisure.com

You won't have a problem getting a lift to Pattaya. The bargirls are lined up at the airport all jossling to take you directly there.

I have my own home in Pattaya so I'm not familiar with Pattya hotel practices.

Suggest you beware of early check-in fees.

I recently had two work colleagues arrive in Bkk at 5 star hotel at 11.30am. They were checked-in quickly but on departure discovered they had been charged for extra half day.

They objected on the basis that they were not told, and would have waited until 12noon to check-in if they did know.

Hotel refused to listen and demanded they pay.

(I've since told my Bkk staff to never use the hotel again, especially since we have given them a lot of room nights over the past 15 years. My staff have now found a very good 4 star hotel, and with a promise in writing of no half day charges unless guests checks in before 0400am.)

Why not take the train?

Takes more time, but is the cheapest way to get to Pattaya. Obviously it's not in Thailand's interest to boost train traffic Bangkok-Pattaya, as there is only one (passenger) connection in both directions each day. But for you it might fit perfectly, as the train leaves Lat Krabang station (close to BKK airport) at 8:06 am and arrives at Pattaya station at 10:35 am. Ticket should be about 30 Baht, I guess. The train back leaves Pattaya station at 2:21 pm and arrives at Hua Lamphong at 6:25 pm. Surely you can get off the train at any other city station (e.g. Sukhumvit 71, Asoke, Makkasan).

For further information see the timetable of State Railways of Thailand on their website.

I can recommend this trip, as the scenery is much more beautiful than the view from the motorway...

Best regards, me in BKK

Why not take the train?

Takes more time, but is the cheapest way to get to Pattaya. Obviously it's not in Thailand's interest to boost train traffic Bangkok-Pattaya, as there is only one (passenger) connection in both directions each day. But for you it might fit perfectly, as the train leaves Lat Krabang station (close to BKK airport) at 8:06 am and arrives at Pattaya station at 10:35 am. Ticket should be about 30 Baht, I guess. The train back leaves Pattaya station at 2:21 pm and arrives at Hua Lamphong at 6:25 pm. Surely you can get off the train at any other city station (e.g. Sukhumvit 71, Asoke, Makkasan).

For further information see the timetable of State Railways of Thailand on their website.

I can recommend this trip, as the scenery is much more beautiful than the view from the motorway...

Best regards, me in BKK

Just one thing to consider with the train, it now only runs Monday - Friday. But if you can use it and want to save some money, the fare from Lat Krabang to Pattaya is only about Bt30 (plus a taxi from the airport to the station of course).

• 2 weeks later...