"Alcatraz" In The Gulf Of Thailand?

webfact

Drug tycoons: prison's too good for them, says minister

Justice Minister Pirapan Salirathavibhaga said Saturday that he was thinking of imprisoning drug-dealing prison inmates on some deserted island or old rig to part them from the old habit.

"I'm thinking about asking the Royal Thai Navy to find an isolated island or unused old oil-drilling platform, possibly in the Gulf of Thailand, to put these nasty drug-dealing convicts on so they can't contact anyone to ply their trade," he said.

The justice minister conceded, however, that this would need a change in the law.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/05/24

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...hem-says-minist

Why not use that that island in Montenegro that Thaksin's buying?

It would stop him getting lonely.

Yea good idea,

and when he's feeling bored he can bump a few of em off like the good old days

Edit: quoted text edited -mario2008

You know it's only the people near the bottom of the "pile" that get sent to prison. The poor people probably need help more than punishment. It's probably not the drug dealing that makes them so nasty...

I understand that drug use is an issue but it's only because these people commit other crimes when they run out of money to get the drugs.

Why not send them some nice island to dry out and teach them how to meditate. At least that way they would probably be more compassionate about who they rob then they get back to the real world.

Why not use that that island in Montenegro that Thaksin's buying?

It would stop him getting lonely.

Yea good idea,

and when he's feeling bored he can bump a few of em off like the good old days

I know a guy who has 2 sons that would be perfect for the job of guards, they've not been in the army and they've not been in the police force and the both are very handy with their drivers pistols?

edited by mario2008

Koh Tao wasn't it the place, several decades ago?

You 'r' right. I remember I've read somewhere Koh Tao was indeed a prison colony decades ago...

Something like "Devils Island" Papillon leaps into my mind

Maybe some old facilities exist an can be re-used? :)

Edited by webfact

there could be some empty containers soon in Sattahip :)-

The gulf is rather shallow, so perhaps they could finally utilize the HTMS Chakri Naruebet for something other than a symbol of corruption of the Thai military leadership, by simply anchoring her out in the middle of the Gulf as a floating prison ship.

File:Chakri_Naruebet_2001.JPEG

Chaiyo!

there could be some empty containers soon in Sattahip :)-

The gulf is rather shallow, so perhaps they could finally utilize the HTMS Chakri Naruebet for something other than a symbol of corruption of the Thai military leadership, by simply anchoring her out in the middle of the Gulf as a floating prison ship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chakri_Naruebet_2001.JPEG

Chaiyo!

You mean this ship? I have "repaired" the broken link in your post in my reply, and taken the tags away. Hope thats ok with you

Chakri_Naruebet_2001.JPEG

Edited by webfact

please folks do not forget:

all these poor drug-dealers, they show you on TV are just little poor men, to show you some show of law and order etc.

The real drug- tycoons are in the high society of the wealth Thai !

And, and this made it real bullshitting, these tycoons belongs to the top of the military ! !

And for sure, you will not see that they will put the highest military persons (general, admirals) in a prison on a navy owned island !

Read some history of Thailand and you will see, that the military got the monopoly in in the "business" of prostitution and other business in the twilight zone for helping one former despot (no, they did start it already before Thaksin!)

And who do you think can control the drug trade over the borders ? (and benefit mostly of these trade')

Yes, the same people who wants us to believe they are always fighting against the evil drug-smugglers ! (but never be able to succeed!)

I realy have problems to stand this shitty game and the daily pissing of lies at the people. And the most unpleasant: Many people do believe these shit- heads and cant get enough from the "hang them up"- no, not the bosses (military, polititions, etc.) they like it , if the small guys get tortured, little drug dealers from the next corner.

It makes me vomit...

These shitty "hang them up brigade" only wants to kill the"small" people. They never asked for hanging up the big fishes! And I can tell you why? Because they are little fearfull , shit in the pants people. People who did learn from their violant fathers (or others) to avoid every confrontation with mighty (or percieved mighty) people. But this treatment did them fill up with so much hate (!) and they urgently need a canal to let their hate outside. A way of acting hateful but without confrontation to the mighty ones !

It makes me vomit...

These shitty "hang them up brigade" only wants to kill the"small" people. They never asked for hanging up the big fishes! And I can tell you why? Because they are little fearfull , shit in the pants people. People who did learn from their violant fathers (or others) to avoid every confrontation with mighty (or percieved mighty) people. But this treatment did them fill up with so much hate (!) and they urgently need a canal to let their hate outside. A way of acting hateful but without confrontation to the mighty ones !

dieter is right in many points.

and maybe even right with his Freudian thoughts in his last paragraph, albeit i think psychoanalysis isn't scientifically proven. but sometimes good for the purpose of a quality scolding.

Well its a great idea to put these drug dealers out on such an island, but if they are going to all the trouble to do that perhaps they could also make room for rock spiders as well.

If possible there could be a new tourist opportunity, simply boat cruises past the island where one could take 'pot shots' at the prisoners with high powered firearms. :) Now thats one tour I would take.

I might enter the drug trade then, free boarding and food for the next 20 years on a tropical island? sounds like an improved version of castaway...

I would like to live on a tropical island... Can't be that bad (Ok, guess it is, but not in my head) Nice beaches, nice waterfalls, no need to work, no need to bother about your visa...

Interesting idea...... I second that !

Having been on some platforms in the gulf of Mexico they do the same thing there, only their cons get paid.....

Once again idiotic comments made by a politician.... :D , have they seen the size of some of the platforms in the GOT ?, you would be luckly to "house" 20 people on it and what about logistics - crewboats, supply boats etc...or what are they going to do give each inmate a fishing line, What about power ??, you sure has h*ll dont want the inmates messing with the fuel gas supply to a P/F or are they putting the Platform on diesels, cost them a bl**dy fortune...

Once again comments are being made while the mouth is not connected to the brain... :)