More Defined Subject Title

annabel

Hiya

I love Thai visa and getting mails with "New Topics" but I was wondering if there would be any way the Webmaster could implement a system wherein the SUBJECT title there would have a Hint as to what the "New Topic" actually is or is about ??? ....Something brief but enough to be able to easily find that e-mail after filing it in a sub folder under Thai Visa....???? Something like .... New Topic "retirement visa" or "Good Hotel in Phuket" or "Good restaurant in Koh Samui " Actually maybe a drop down list for the posters ...??

I file all the ones I think I may need at a later date and it is sooo painfull to find it again as there is nothing in the subject title to tell me what the New Topic mail is/was, and find what I am looking for posted a week or even a month back ...so I have to open each mail until I find the right one ....

This would also help us to not have to repost questions on issues already posted and answered in detail //

Any suggestions / help ???

Thanks

Just a simple question from from a total layman, but isn't it possible to rename the thread you are filing? That's what I do when I bookmark url's, etc. Or is this something different?

I'm moving this to forum support.

Depending on the mail client you are using normally you can do a global search using keywords in the e-mails themselves. I use Thunderbird and that works well for me.

What I do is copy and paste anything of value into a separate WORD document and that way I don't have to rely on the unreliable Thai internet for information that I might need later. So far I've never read anything in the headlines I receive from Thaivisa that is of any value to me. But, some of the various topics DO have valuable information if you bother sifting through all the crap to find it.

Just a simple question from from a total layman, but isn't it possible to rename the thread you are filing? That's what I do when I bookmark url's, etc. Or is this something different?

Dear Tyways ....Thanks but Dude ...what's the point of moving it to Forum Support ...? I can't even find "Forum Support " in the search bar at the bottom ...??? and too tiring to look for itf further ... Anyway I file my stuff in my Mail program on my computer and not as "Favorites or Bookmarks on the web" cause then I can only access it if connected to the web which is so unreliable here in Thailand.... I use Thunderbird and to Copy Paste into "word" is also too time consumming ...I can't be bothered .... would rather have an appropriate tittle on the message subject, so I can just file it in the appropriate mail sub folder as I do with all my other mails.

There are quite a few topics, contrary to popular belief, that are usefull and I would like to keep as a reference which would reduce me and others asking the same question over and over again cause we can't find the the thread or link we saw a couple of weeks ago or months ago ...Byeeee...don't know where this post will end up though :):D:D:D

if there would be any way the Webmaster could implement a system
Dear Tyways ....Thanks but Dude ...what's the point of moving it to Forum Support ...? I can't even find "Forum Support "

See above, that is the question you were asking the webmaster/admin regarding a Forum web modification - not likely they will be looking in the CM forum for this question. :) It is a forum support question and can be easily found under the General main forum page or under General in the pull down box at the bottom. The majority of mods/admins and members familiar with forum structures watch this space.

Haven't been called "Dude" in decades. :D

BTW: I did leave bread crumbs in the CM forum to find your way here. The original link of your topic is still there.

Edited by Tywais

if there would be any way the Webmaster could implement a system
Dear Tyways ....Thanks but Dude ...what's the point of moving it to Forum Support ...? I can't even find "Forum Support "

See above, that is the question you were asking the webmaster/admin regarding a Forum web modification - not likely they will be looking in the CM forum for this question. :) It is a forum support question and can be easily found under the General main forum page or under General in the pull down box at the bottom. The majority of mods/admins and members familiar with forum structures watch this space.

Haven't been called "Dude" in decades. :D

BTW: I did leave bread crumbs in the CM forum to find your way here. The original link of your topic is still there.

Hey Dude.... :D ..Thanks a lot and will follow up the bread crumbs ...thanks again

Annabel