Visa options?

I am a 41 year old English national, keen on living for a period in Thailand. I have two options, my prefered is option 2, if possible. I own a Condo near Pattaya and have savings. I have no job or offer of a job in Thailand yet.

I would like to know the different possibilities to enable me to stay as follows...

1) to stay for up to 1 year on some sort of visitors visa. Ideally for the longest period possible, before having to leave and re-enter Thailand.

2) to live and find work in Thailand, eventually emigrating.

Many thanks

Martin

If you are not married to a Thai, your best long-stay option is to find a work and start the process with a Non Immigrant "B" visa and a work permit. This gives you one full year of stay.

A multiple entry Non-Immigrant visa would be an alternative, search for "multiple" in this forum. That gives you 4 or 5 x 90 days with visa runs.

A start option is a double or triple entry Tourist visa to start with (apply at your local Thai Consulate or Embassy).

Thanks.

How do I apply for a non-immigrant B visa and work permit without a job offer? I plan to return to Thailand and find a job, but it'a a bit Chicken and Egg, as I assume they will not offer a job unless I have the above already. What must I do to get this visa and work permit?

Can you recommend a good local Thai Embassy?  I live near London (Essex) so would the Royal Thai Embassy in Queen's Street, London be as good as any?

How do I go about applying for a double or triple Entry visa? Just contact the above Thai Embassy in London and it's a formality from there? No need to give reasons etc?

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1