Extension Of Non 'o' With Work Permit

I work in a language centre and my boss is getting me a work permit and is going to get a 1 year extension to my Non'O' Visa for me, the Visa was issued by the Thai Consulate in Hull England and has "Employment Prohibited " stamped at the bottom, is this a problem?

Not a problem at all. Immigration just ignores those kind of stamps or lines on visas because it means nothing to them.

Some even are marked no extension and immigration will just cross it out.

Just out of curiosity... how long did you work without a work permit for this company?

Also, whether Imm. overlooks or ignores the "Employment Prohibited" is regionally different.

Chonburi Immigration, for example, followed it to the letter and was told under no circumstances was one to work with that stamp on their passport from a, in this example, USA consulate.

It, like so many instances involving Immigration is that different offices give different answers... and some offices give different answers on different days... and it's difficult to give sound advice accordingly without knowing the behavior of that particular localized Imm. office.

Edited by sriracha john