This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

me pass :)

well I do understand that the Crossbar (or other pubs) may not be for everyone, we will have to go for the majority rules on this.

like i said in the opening post, I liked Titanium and suggested we should look for something along that lines.

Sorry Alex and Thithi, I don't think the teenage hang outs at RCA fit the majority. Any cool places up Thonglor or Ekkamai?

I have never been to any of these places except for the Titanium for another TV get-together.  I rather thought the Titanium was not a particularly good venue for this as it was difficult to talk and hear each other.  And I think the purpose of this type of get-together is to get to know the people face-to-face where we usually only communicate via posts on TV.

I owuld vote for meeting intitially at any place where conversation is possible, then whoever wants to go toa more raucous place later can go do that.

I have never been to any of these places except for the Titanium for another TV get-together. I rather thought the Titanium was not a particularly good venue for this as it was difficult to talk and hear each other. And I think the purpose of this type of get-together is to get to know the people face-to-face where we usually only communicate via posts on TV.

I owuld vote for meeting intitially at any place where conversation is possible, then whoever wants to go toa more raucous place later can go do that.

bonobo, the crossbar is definitely a sit down and chat kind of place.

BTW, MR Toad (AKA perm Crossbar resident) is gonna speak to Brian the owner tonight? and ask about incentives.

Have suggested something like....

200 Baht get two standard drinks and a buffet.

Let's see what he comes back with.

titanium is good for me...although someone please stop me from buying bottles of champagne...time before last, it cost me 7k just for 2 bottles!!

I'm still working offshore norway now, but should be home by next weekend if the weather is good to us, so 12th should be fine. Would be nice if it wasnt just an over 40s 'sausagefest' though, so ThiThi, please do come and bring friends...RCA later can be good too, also Bossy for those that can keep going all hours....

I have never been to any of these places except for the Titanium for another TV get-together. I rather thought the Titanium was not a particularly good venue for this as it was difficult to talk and hear each other. And I think the purpose of this type of get-together is to get to know the people face-to-face where we usually only communicate via posts on TV.

bonobo, the crossbar is definitely a sit down and chat kind of place.

OK, that has my vote, then.

Last time I was in Crossbar, it was thick with cigarette smoke, and nowhere to go or hide (except outside) to avoid it.

The air con/ventilation in there sucks.... unless you like breathing ciggy smoke.

What about Molly Malone's near Saladaeng BTS... or even Roadhouse (though I'm so-so on the food there).

Then, after-hangers could toddle over to Patpong for the late dancing/drinking there.... or to see a show... as befits one's tastes... :)

Or, if you're talking Friday, June 12, I believe that's when Coyote, next to Molly's, has their Friday night happy hour and buffet.... if folks enjoy Mexican and margaritas... in a trendy/hip kind of setting.

Edited by jfchandler

Last time I was in Crossbar, it was thick with cigarette smoke, and nowhere to go or hide (except outside) to avoid it.

The air con/ventilation in there sucks

The Aircon in Crossbar functions very well .. better than most Bars in Bkk .

We have what four confirmed for Crossbar thus far

Edited by bkkpartyguy

And there was me thinking it was against the law to smoke in premises like this these, silly me.

Before anyone insults me I am not one of the anti smoking lobby, but the law is the law isn't it? or am I being nieve? (yes, I know I am)

The air con/ventilation in there sucks

BKK, that's my comment you sort of quoted above... I stand by my original comment. Not only do they flout the smoking law there, but they don't even have the decency (or space) to provide separate areas (or floors) for smoking and non-smoking. Of course the bar does have air con, but it's a relatively small space, one level only, and was pretty bad last time I was there, with only a few people smoking and playing pool...but the smoke was heavy inside.

After one visit there, once was enough. As long as they maintain that set-up, I wouldn't go back.

Last time I was in Crossbar, it was thick with cigarette smoke, and nowhere to go or hide (except outside) to avoid it.The air con/ventilation in there sucks

Back in town and wos gonna check out the X bar gin joint tonight but if its as suggested a smelly hangout then will walk ...UGG :)

Maybe go and see me old mate the Mama S in Crazy Jacks old place just round the corner...NO smoking allowed in there ... :D

I'd suggest some important elements for our ultimate destination...wherever that may be...

1. convenient/accessible location

2. good options/specials for food and drink (or drink and food :) )

3. decibel level that allows for conversation

4. smoke free or at least separate area for smoking