Friday June 12

Thus far I have recommendations for the following places:

Black Swan

The Cross Bar

Penalty Spot

Toxic

Slim (RCA) for Thithi

Bull's Head

Any others to the list? Nightclubs, lounges, restaurants?

Guessing once we get say 10 options, we can poll it to find a majority concensus.

The way things are on this project in India I'm not likely to make it either :D

But on the subject of venue, the Crossbar is worth a look. Reasonable size, convenient for BTS, MRT and with local parking (for those of us who have to travel). Also close to Soi C. for those who require afters :D

with a name like Crossy and suggestion CROSSBOW it not a tie up is it?

I won't be able to make it since I am working in Baku in June but will check out what Crossbow has to offer.

Where in Prathum Thani are you!!! I am in Khlong Sam

Not likely is it, after all he is in India working, and the bar is called Crossbar. :)

That Crossbar indeed looks like a place where old farts come together :)

Guess you've never been there then? It's a pub, with a wide range of age differences.

Crossbar would be my choice.

The way things are on this project in India I'm not likely to make it either :D

But on the subject of venue, the Crossbar is worth a look. Reasonable size, convenient for BTS, MRT and with local parking (for those of us who have to travel). Also close to Soi C. for those who require afters :D

No doubt Mr Toad and Sound Man will vote for this option because of two or three of the points listed. :)

Of course James, I wouldn't have far to travel from work. :D

Guess you've never been there then? It's a pub, with a wide range of age differences.

Was just kidding, to me the only thing important is that the music is not so loud as during the previous two meetings.

**** it has come to my attention that during the last P-Up at the Huntsmen that a few of the members were unhappy about the thinness of females in the group. No, I don't mean their weights - just their quantities.

So a request if I may.

Feel free to bring along a guest of feminine ilk. Preferably a good looking one. You know the type...the kind that we can all wink at when you are not looking.

Perhaps a few of TV's Mrs MODus maximus' can join us. Afterall, what's better than getting yelled at in person by your favorite Red or Blue coloured member.

If I could, I would, James, but I am in the US for a few more months. How about considering another one in November and then I might be able to drag Boo along too?

**** it has come to my attention that during the last P-Up at the Huntsmen that a few of the members were unhappy about the thinness of females in the group. No, I don't mean their weights - just their quantities.

So a request if I may.

Feel free to bring along a guest of feminine ilk. Preferably a good looking one. You know the type...the kind that we can all wink at when you are not looking.

Perhaps a few of TV's Mrs MODus maximus' can join us. Afterall, what's better than getting yelled at in person by your favorite Red or Blue coloured member.

If I could, I would, James, but I am in the US for a few more months. How about considering another one in November and then I might be able to drag Boo along too?

SBK, thanks for the offer. Would really like to meet Ms. Boo face to face. :) As for November, I am sure something can be arranged, but quite honestly, after this one, I am retiring from Piss Up Organising.

hmm Jamie you do some good jobs being piss up organizer and i have no idea who is going to do it. why on earth r u retiring, huh?

Ok - new joiner to the thread... date is the 12th, but where?

(lol)

Definately need a good piss up (no bike of course) - MRT alllllll the way!

I have an idea which hopefully satisfies both young and old.

Why don't we start @ 7:00pm at one of the previously-mentioned pubs - say the Cross Bar, then those who are still coherant (LazyGourment exempted) can move to a more younger - trendier spot if they choose?

As I am not really up on the the whole RCA scene, one of our more hipper members can delegate which spot that may be?

Let's nail down a consensus today.

What do you think Toady - would Brian be open to providing some snacks or other incentives?

James, let me chat with him later after work, and I'll drop you a PM. Sure that he would be happy to accomodate.

Was just kidding, to me the only thing important is that the music is not so loud as during the previous two meetings.

:D No the music not to loud. Thank god you're joking, at 35 I didn't think I would be classed as an old fart just yet. :D

Toad, I see you are one of those "Youngsters" I was mentioning elsewhere.

Anyway, who is for sure going?

So we need 2 lists, attendees and venue with a separate poll thread on venue so members can vote on anonymous base.

Or maybe a seperate poll if members would like to stay in one venue and continue to another one or like staying in one.

Dunno.

Maybe we should make a poll on that?

:)

I have an idea which hopefully satisfies both young and old.

Why don't we start @ 7:00pm at one of the previously-mentioned pubs - say the Cross Bar, then those who are still coherant (LazyGourment exempted) can move to a more younger - trendier spot if they choose?

As I am not really up on the the whole RCA scene, one of our more hipper members can delegate which spot that may be?

Let's nail down a consensus today.

Lets not drag this out as BKKJames says , Put me down for Crossbar , June 12 19:00 ( i will be there long before, usually 4 pm )

for those not sure were it is , near Asoke BTS/MRT .

Location map on website thecrossbarbangkok.com

Well it looks like most are for the pub option from what I can see - except for the youngsters? Instead of doing a poll, can those who are interested simply add there name to the below with their venue preference. By earlier next week, we should have a consensus.

BK Pissup - June 12 - 19:00 Hrs Onwards

Participants Venue Preference

Bkkjames Crossbar

Well it looks like most are for the pub option from what I can see - except for the youngsters? Instead of doing a poll, can those who are interested simply add there name to the below with their venue preference. By earlier next week, we should have a consensus.

Bkkjames Crossbar

Me Kenny , Crossbar

Bkkjames Crossbar

How about at the Bangkok Forum Sponsor - Larrys, they would do something special for tv members too.

Bkkjames Crossbar

How about at the Bangkok Forum Sponsor - Larrys, they would do something special for tv members too.

Good point. Let's add them to the list.

Bkkjames Crossbar

Mr Toad

Moonrakers

Any others?