Am I The Only Person Having Problems Booking A Cheap Flight With Air Asia?

MaiDong

I got the promotional email for flights as cheap as B500 or however much it said so I went to the website and I was unable to actually book a flight for that price :)

all of the destination links just lead me to the top of the page, the left hand location/destination etc etc doesn't yield any cheap flights either - is it just a ploy to get us to the site or is there actually a hidden part of the website where the cheap flights are but they don't want anybody to see it??

Frustrated.

I recently booked a Bangkok - Chiang Mai return, for early next year for 460Bt and 2 Bangkok - Phuket returns for March 09 for a total of 1,120Bt.

So, the deals they offer are for real, but you have to be 'on the ball' if you want to get them.

And I got Bali for 2,400 Baht for two of us travelling in November, that included everything, meals, the luggage the lot.

I think it's a question of catching the deals at the right time, and that doesn't necessarily mean early.

Edit - and 1,400 of that is the airport tax from Thailand.

Edited by theoldgit

I picked up a few domestic flights for Jan to Mar 2010 at 230Bt each all in - cheaper than the bus. As the other posters have said though you've got to be quick! I generally avoid signing up for promotional mailings, but in the case of Air Asia it really is worth subscribing to their "Red Alert" service so that you know when the deals are coming.

I recently booked a Bangkok - Chiang Mai return, for early next year for 460Bt and 2 Bangkok - Phuket returns for March 09 for a total of 1,120Bt.

So, the deals they offer are for real, but you have to be 'on the ball' if you want to get them.

No wonder they are cheap if you've just paid 1120 baht for a flight in March 09 or have Air Asia invented time machine planes ?!? :)

And I got Bali for 2,400 Baht for two of us travelling in November, that included everything, meals, the luggage the lot.

I think it's a question of catching the deals at the right time, and that doesn't necessarily mean early.

Great deal :) Did you look out for anything specific or just keep monitoring the website?

RAZZ

No wonder they are cheap if you've just paid 1120 baht for a flight in March 09 or have Air Asia invented time machine planes ?!? :D

:):D:D

Yeah, soz bout that......March 2010.

Great deal :) Did you look out for anything specific or just keep monitoring the website?

RAZZ

I also saw these flights. Like someone else mentioned, sign up to their 'Red Alert' mailing list, and you'll get to know in advance when these offers are coming up.

RAZZ

There was a heads up from another TV member on the forum advising people of one of the Air Asia 0 Baht flight promotions, so I logged on quickly and managed to get the free flights, just paying the odds and sods. We had promised ourselves a trip to Bali and by making a quick decision got a suitable date. Took a few attempts to secure the flights, but not too long, even if I couldn't drive my girl friend to work.

Have managed to get a few other internal bargains, and have never has a problem flying with them.

RAZZ

I also saw these flights. Like someone else mentioned, sign up to their 'Red Alert' mailing list, and you'll get to know in advance when these offers are coming up.

Thanks. Signed up for "Red Alerts". Hope another one comes up for Bali :D

RAZZ

Managed to get a great round trip deal with Air Asia starting late October /early November on a round 18 day trip URT- BKK-HKG-KUL-DPN-BKK for 3 people at a grand total of 9435THB or 3145 THB pp which is about 57 GBP each at todays rate. This rate also included their insurance cover for Hong Kong,Kula Lumpur and Bali and baggage extras etc. The only thing that's not included is on board food and the airport tax departing Bali which has to be paid in cash at the airport.

I started at midnight to secure the above deal but it took me another 4 hours of playing around to finally secure all flights for 3 people that actually linked up with no charge other than taxes.

We could also have booked the return trip from Bangkok to Surat Thani for an extra 600 Bht or so but decided after a lot of travelling we would treat ourselves to the "luxury" of a direct flight back to Samui with Bangkok Arways. Ironically this the will cost us almost as much as the rest of the trip put together!

:) I just got back to Lampang (via Chiang Mai) on flights from Chiang Mai - Bkk and Bkk to Udon Thani. 4 flights 1250 baht total, so I know the deals are out there. I booked a flight on June 19 (Friday evening 10:30pm) for me and my wife from Chiang Mai to Bkk ...the total cost was 620 baht.

I joined AirAsia several years ago and that seems to make it easier to get online and book tickets. I have several friends living in Thailand who had problems as well...and I think part of it was because of the huge sale that was going on a couple of weeks ago. BTW--on like the old Air Asia...ALL of my flights left on time. I was told AirAsia has new ownership...."Farang", so perhaps this is a sign of good things to come. Happy flying. It sure beats taking the bus ;0)

• 2 weeks later...