Police Arrest Filipino Pickpocket Gang

sriracha john

Imageaspx444-2.jpg

Police Arrest Filipino Pickpocket Gang

Police have arrested members of a Filipino pickpocket gang who have robbed foreigners of more than 800,000 baht.

Four Indian jewelry brokers have identified members of a Filipino pickpocket gang, including Rojer Novo and Billy Onett Nanny, who stole over 300,000 baht from them.

One of the victims said that after he withdrew money from an ATM in the Silom district in Bangkok, the suspects pretended to drop documents on the ground. When bending down to pick up the papers, they smeared something on his ankle that caused him to fall unconscious. While he was out, they picked his pocket.

The suspects were arrested in front of the Jewery Place Center Building on Silom Road.

The police noted that the suspects usually choose foreigners who had just withdrawn money from the ATM as their victims.

A large number of foreigners have been targeted by the gang and they are believed to have stolen about 800,000 baht in cash from their victims over a period of about a year.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-05-27

Smeared something on his ankle that caused him to lose consciousness? What would that be? That is a little disturbing, no chance to defend yourself in that situation.

I've never heard of anything like that before, it sounds suspicious to me. I believe there were rumours going around about this kind of thing about a year ago, unfounded rumours I think.

Smeared something on his ankle that caused him to lose consciousness? What would that be? That is a little disturbing, no chance to defend yourself in that situation.

Probably the scuz that constantly runs out of Papong and Silom that would be enough to knock anyone out.

Some nice gaitors will protect your ankles from this new urban myth and make you look ready and funky for monsoon season in the Big Mango

I've never heard of anything like that before, it sounds suspicious to me. I believe there were rumours going around about this kind of thing about a year ago, unfounded rumours I think.

Why are you putting all this report in doubt?It had happened more then once to me;they used spray and gas;first time it was just 100B;second time - they missed the puff,I did not

lose my consciousness,but I was very confused as a result.Some perverts use such things on girls,raping them after.Have you been just dropped from the Moon here?like - yesterday??

Why are you putting all this report in doubt?It had happened more then once to me;they used spray and gas;first time it was just 100B;second time - they missed the puff,I did not

lose my consciousness,but I was very confused as a result.Some perverts use such things on girls,raping them after.Have you been just dropped from the Moon here?like - yesterday??

I like you. I believe anything you say. By the way the pigs are fed and ready to fly. Just give the word.

If they are knocking people out with some kind of drug, they aren't just pickpockets, they are robbers. Big difference.

Agree.  Using anything to knock people out or even just confuse them is assault, pure and simple.  There is no telling what it could do to someone up and to including death.

Edited by bonobo

There are a lot of unemployed Filipinos around and I've heard of a number of scams, but this is the most dangerous. The most lucrative, as well.

How about a round for the Thai coppers for nailing these crooks.

In all seriousness though, what would cause someone to lose consciousness after it was smeared on someone's ankle ????????? :)

If that isn't the case, what absolutely dreadful Reporting..

Where did you say these victims came from..right... It was probabaly soap the thieves rubbed on their ankles....

If they were good hindu, cows blood will make them faint. :)

Hopefully the will get the flipper gang that work around phrompong bts and bag snatch in the emporium especially at au bon pain and starbucks and then allegedly are playing pool in 7/1 bars in the evening....

Emporium security know its happening but they seem unable to control it.

I like you. I believe anything you say. By the way the pigs are fed and ready to fly. Just give the word.

Sorry...not me...

more of the same....

Imageaspxtt4333.jpg

Imageaspxr23422vrr.jpg

Imageaspx2424w2.jpg

Imageaspxrwr23442.jpg

Two Filipino Pickpockets Arrested in Bangkok

The Tourism Police have arrested two suspected pickpockets for preying on tourists in downtown Bangkok.

The two suspects are natives of the Philippines; 54-year-old Nelson Mayubo and 58-year-old Corazon Rosuaro. They were arrested at Ratchadapisek Soi 3 and police confiscated stolen US dollars, pawn tickets, jewelry, and backpacks.

Ratchadapisek is known for its many entertainment venues for Japanese and Korean tourists and expatriates.

Further interrogation revealed that the two belong to a gang of Filipinos who prey on Japanese and Korean tourists to either persuade them to play in a rigged gambling game or pickpocket them.

When pickpocketing, 9-10 members of the gang surround their victim and steal from their pockets before swiftly dispersing from the scene.

Nelson and Corazon have previous criminal records in Thailand for tricking tourists in 2007, but they returned to their country after the bail was granted.

They returned to Thailand under new names.

The Tourism Police are furthering their investigation in order to round up the remaining members of the gang.

They say a CCTV video captured the gang pickpocketing a French tourist at a coffee shop on Silom Road three months ago.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-06-04