Amatuer Author

macb

About 10 months ago whilst living alone, for some reason I started writings things, based on life's experiences and from my imagination. Stories some funny some about relationships mystery and crime all characters are fictitious.

But I had to post them on another forum in the writers section, this is my main forum and now at last I have the internet again I want to share my writings and stories with you, you may find them interesting reading or you may be bored.

Feel free to criticize them. Some of them are like soap operas so you get chapters as the stories unfold or as I write them, none of my writings are planned its all from imagination .

Hopefully as there is not a writers section here readers in time will keep the Topic near the top rankings or maybe you or I will be lucky and it will get pinned.

I have written several stories now. GOOD IDEA OR NOT ?

i KNOW YOUR REPLY POST THE STORIES AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW :)

This was my first ever writing, just thoughts , but I would add not how I was feeling a the time, this was before I got into writing stories.

LONELINESS

What is loneliness?

Is the true definition of loneliness mean you wake up in the morning you turn over in your king-size bed and see nothing but the bedding in its many shades of colour and the other pillow which once was habited?

You wake up and reach out for that warmth that was once there and now is absent in your life, was it the warmth of a partner you once loved. Then you think oh well never mind and memories and mental pictures cruise through your mind of what was once there and now it is not. You can smell the scent on the pillow but the source is no longer there.

Is loneliness walking to the kitchen making coffee, then you look at the plate rack beside the sink and see two of everything, why have you not put things away as there is no need for two of everything anymore, or have you left them there for a reason, are you still living a past memory.

Is loneliness switching the TV on and looking at the TV but not really seeing anything, looking around your room but only you is present. You can sit in the armchair and look at the Sofa and see imaginary pictures and memories of what was once there.

Is loneliness going to the market buying and paying but now you carry everything you reach for a bag and say I will carry that then you realise you don’t know this person sorry you say. Once before you might say shall we have this or that, do you want this or that but now you speak to yourself in your mind. You are walking through the market and eyes are looking because they know you are a regular shopper there, there thinking where that other person is, you just look and smile and cancel out your thoughts of what they are thinking.

The drive home after shopping is lonely, you can see other couples passing by, and thoughts flood your mind of how it once was. Unpack the car put shopping away, then you realise why I bought two of them there is only one now.

During the day you visit friends to break up the loneliness

Go to the local bar at night have a couple of drinks talk to mates and for a while that loneliness goes away, you watch the world go by as you sit and drink, but your thinking these folks are lucky they will go home to something, you cancel out the thought that you will leave the bar soon and once again embark on that lonely journey, but now you have had a drink or two and your mind is more active with thoughts.

So another day ends just the same as the day before and tomorrow will be the same as today. You think sleep when I sleep I will not think, but the same bed is there and that colourful bedding and the scent on the other pillow, then you drift away into deep sleep not wanting to think about tomorrow.

While you were typing your thoughts, in the background Dire Straits concert was playing on the TV, then the concert finishes you turn it off, now you can here the wall fan and birds singing outside, the rain has stopped, there is the very distant noise of passing traffic on the main road: you thoughts are well I am not really alone I have the fan the birds the TV and my mates and memories, but at the same time your thinking this is just an excuse covering up your loneliness.

Everyone at some point in there life has been lonely, each individual deals with it in different ways, for sometime now I have thought about writing my thoughts on different subjects well maybe this is a beginning: Some may find my writings boring in the future, maybe its my way of creating a foundation in my life or another interest or hobby writing maybe be my forte in the future I don’t know.

And so another day begins:

This is one of three stories on my series about a Private eye:

DISGUISE AND INTRIGUE

All characters in this story are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, alive or deceased is purely coincidental

Let me tell you about me I work as a Freelance Private Investigator You can call me DAN I have been doing the investigator thing for a few years now ever since leaving the Special Forces: I had been hired by someone who will remain nameless, but less put it this way she was a looker but thought her husband was cheating on her. We had agreed a fee for my services: So here I was on another domestic assignment: Easy Money I thought.

It was dark it was drizzling, that fine rain that makes you wetter than if it was raining heavily: I was snuggled down in my car with my night scope and flask and radio: nothing was happening as I watched on the property for and arrivals or departures:

It was 4 am I was thinking nothing going to happen on this occasion: Wrong a light went on downstairs, a light coloured car pulled up, now I was thinking this will be my client’s hubby arriving. But 4 men got out and went into the premises one of them being my client’s husband, one was carrying a black brief-case: I focused my night vision on the lighted window, one of the men came to the window looked up and down the street, then closed the curtains. I grunted to myself:

First thoughts were this drug deal going down more surveillance was needed. After 1 hour the four men left, so this meant that the client’s hubby was not stopping to hump the lady in the property. Next day I reported my observations to my client, but she was told to say nothing at this moment in time: I had taken the Registration of the car, through contacts I discovered it was not a local car and was from out of town. I needed to locate where the vehicle and its occupants were staying in the town this meant more observations on the house to see if they returned again.

I settled down for another night to see if there was any activity: At 1am the lady in residence left in her car I followed. She drove for about 45 mins to the outskirts of town onto an Industrial Estate. She went to the boot of the car and took a hold all out and went into the warehouse, there was no sign of the car from the previous night: I spoke to soon, I ducked down in my seat although I was some way away, away went the car from the night before ,stopping behind the ladies car. Again 4 men and one brief-case went into the warehouse: After a while. The client’s hubby came out with the lady he was suspected of humping: They were talking to each other, but body language suggested not amorous talk but business. She left he went back into the warehouse. Then after a while the other car left with the 4 men. I followed. The vehicle went to downtown housing estate 3 men got out and my client’s hubby left. I followed he went home to his wife.

Intriguing I thought. I decided not to pass on any information to my client at this stage because I felt what was or was not evolving had nothing to do with him being unfaithful at this time, I was thinking on the lines of criminal activity.

I started to keep a record of activities to and from the warehouse and the ladies address, so I could collate things later or if it got to the point of involving the local police the facts were all recorded.

I decided to visit the warehouse purporting to be lost or a sales rep depending on which excuse fitted the picture when I got to the warehouse.

Next morning I parked my car in a parking lot some way away from the warehouse I wanted to visit, and walked the rest of the way The big doors were open as I arrived a Fork lift truck nearly ate me as I walked in the doors. The driver shouted ' Look out you idiot 'Rip your head off I thought to myself. There didn’t seem to be anyone that was interested in my presence, I scanned around typical warehouse large packing cases metal cages for stacking goods: I wandered around looking at names on the packing cases. Some were local delivery some were International: China Japan USA Korea and many more: Maybe this was a forwarding warehouse: Maybe it was just a meeting place for last night occurrence: HEY someone shouted: I spun around an automatic reaction that was not becoming of a sale rep. What you doing in here mate I was asked by a burly warehouse worker: 'Just a sales rep mate' I replied: 'Well go fuc_king sell someone else mate' I didn’t reply turned and left. My thought back at my car was he was tetchy or did he get out of bed the wrong side this morning or is there something sinister afoot.

I drove back to my office which is built on the back of my house to update my actions so far on file. In the office is my Assistant Melissa she is a rock without her my life and office would be a real mess: You see I had a failed marriage my ex went off with a Bus Driver taking my kids with her. Melissa helped me through all the emotional shit, we became very close and yes you guessed it we are now together as a couple : She is tall used to work in a night club as a lap dancer short fair hair blue eyes long legs nice butt and boobs that don’t need support at all:

Well I gave Melissa my voice tape, this is my diary its the easiest way most of the time to keep a diary without having to put pen to paper, my writing skills are crap anyway I could be a Doctor and write prescriptions because you cant read there writing either. Well I let Melissa up to-date the file on computer while I grabbed a coffee and some sleep:

Well I was awakened by Melissa whispering in my ear 'Hey sexy man its late no': I looked up in that haze of sleepiness to see her smiling face,

Shower coffee food and into office: Melissa was wondering what I was un-covering after up-loading my voice memo into file form. I read through the events so far. Melissa thought maybe Drug Cartel, but I was thinking there was more to it. I needed to do more homework and collating of information and some more digging about in the various locations. So I made a list of what I needed to follow up:

1. Where were the 3 men from?

2. Where exactly did the car come from although the Registration gave me a location I needed more

3. What has this female who spoke to my Clients hubby got to do with everything

Now I got to think about my Client she will want an up-date on her husband’s activities. I didn't want to yet but I decided to confide in a good friend of mine on the local Police force his name is TIM and he is on the Serious Crime Unit. I rang Tim and we arranged a meet for the evening at a local restaurant. I was there first, Tim strolled in, we shook hands ate chatted over food about my findings so far his assumption of events was its to early to come to any conclusion but more work was` needed by way of surveillance. Tim being his dept head Detective Inspector as it was would start a case profile and talk to his team, but he wanted me to work with them with my skills as I had done so in the past. Tim had hunch it was a bit more then drugs we were dealing with:

Tim was contacting Special investigation squad of the Customs and Excise with reference to the warehouse, this meant that movement or Export and import of goods internationally and domestic would be monitored. So the ball was rolling I was wondering where is it all going to lead.

Tim called me; the car that I had seen visited an Orphanage in the county relating to the Registration: The 3 men had gone in with the same brief case as I had seen them do at the ladies house. In the meantime I had pointed out to Tim my concern about my client and her husbands activities, this was sorted he had her go to his office and spoke to her about events so far (Well not everything but enough for her to understand) and keep stum about things.

I followed the female one day, it was about 2 pm. She walked from her house caught a cab I followed she went into the local bank and left about 1 hour later with a bank bag. I followed she returned home. later that night the same car arrived the 4 men went into the house with the briefcase and left again after 2 hours or so, again the curtains were drawn same as last time. So had she drawn money from the bank and passed it on to these men, what the hel_l for I thought to myself. All activities were passed to Tim. One morning about 10 am the lass left her house but had different coloured hair I took a photo shoot with my digital camera, she took a cab again, went to a local orphanage more photos of her entering and leaving, she left after an hour, then went to the warehouse: Again more photos of her actions and my running commentary on my voice memo:

The next day Tim wanted me to go into the S.C.U. office for a meeting with the team. At the office most of the guys on the team I knew, but there was also members of the Customs and Excise team there as well. Looks like a briefing for some surveillance exercise I thought.

Tim asked me to open start the briefing, starting with the events from a few days ago to the point where I contacted Tim, concluding my input with recent events.

Tim's team were now going to put surveillance on the men the lady. Customs and excise were going to put surveillance on the warehouse; my job was to see if there was any unusual movement with children. What was being followed up now was is there 'Child Trafficking' taking place; it was to be an urgent investigation but not lacking professionalism because of the possible involvement of children.

Customs confirmed there was an unusual movement of containers into and out of the warehouse to Asia. Over the following days there were more visits to the bank, the Orphanage and other orphanages around the country, meetings at the ladies house by the same four men. Enquires were made at the Bank and it revealed the lady had opened a separate account in a company name (A warrant being issued of course for the enquiry) There were substantial amounts of money being moved, some payments were being made by international bank transfer from and to Asia. Local Authority Investigation teams were brought in because of the Orphanage link:

Tim had been in contact with Customs teams and had agrees with them that I keep some covert obs on the factory (Because of my SF training) I agreed. I was going to be covert for about until there was some activity, at the last moment before I was going to secrete myself near the warehouse I got a phone call from Tim he had information from Customs that mini bus may be arriving at the warehouse in the early hours, for what reason we are not sure.

I blended myself in with the local terrain with the minimum necessities to maintain myself for a long period. 2 am past by no activity 4 am no activity. 5 am with an hour or so to go before dawn broke a mini bus stopped the doors to the ware house opened and the bus drove in the doors closed, I noticed there was a walk through door within the larger doors. It was impossible to see inside the mini bus. The ground between me and the warehouse was open and too risky to try and get any nearer. What was in the mini bus or was it yet to be loaded: I Had covert that I said I would only use if something to report, I made a quick report of happenings, about 6 am the doors opened and out drove the mini Bus, as it travelled towards the exit from the Industrial Estate. It suddenly stopped a male got out it was one of the four went to the rear of the truck opened the doors and dragged a child out, I started taking surveillance photos as usual but could not use my voice memo at this stage, I was about 200 metres away , but my binoculars clearly showed this child was Asian:

The next events happened so quickly I called my sightings in and gave a KEYWORD that had been kept under the hat amongst all the teams and would only be used to activate ' Operation Clean Sweep ' This would start a series of events all simultaneous on various locations all over the country by all agencies involved. I gave the keyword to the Designated Control Centre and shut the phone.

The male was slapping and shaking the kid, I was armed with CS spray and an Asp plus my own abilities to protect myself. I left my hide and ran in the shadows as best I could, My heart was beating Adrenalin was pumping through my body as I ran, the child was distraught and screaming, AS I got nearer to the mini bus, I heard a male voice shout hurry up get back in stupid.

The kid was slapped again and again but I did not know why, I just knew this guy needed stopping, with my muscles tensing I went up another gear for the final few metres, a voice shouted from inside look out look out. But it was to late for the child beater At full running speed I hit him aside the neck and at the same time swept this little child up out the way. Another male leapt from the truck, I fetched him across the shoulder with my Asp and then on his knee cap, I could hear the bone splintering. I moved the lass away and gestured run.

Two more males leapt out of the mini bus I could hear other children screaming Swiftly I caught this one on top of the shoulder, but the 2nd male was a bit swifter and I felt a sudden burning on the side of my face as if hit by a hammer my reaction was automatic I made a sweeping movement with my leg as I went into a crouch position, this took his feet from under him as he hit the ground I hit a pressure point in his neck that I knew would render him unconscious for a short while, the other had so much pain from the Asp hitting the top of his shoulder I thought he was going to plead guilty there and then. The drivers well guess who. It was the lady who was running to the bank sorting the finances. I think she didn’t realise what a serious thing she was involved in, as she sat there dumfounded and shaking: There were about 15 Asian kids in the mini bus: Then I heard the sound of sirens approaching, some teams went straight to the warehouse and other support came to me, along with Tim in his car. He got out ' I wont ask if you okay mate cos you always are said tim'Oh by the way I got your friend in the back of my car' He opened the door and this little Asian kid came running over and through herself into my arms and started crying. Bless her.

Around the Country Orphanage homes were raided and various addresses, of course there was all the evidence gathering to see what exactly was involved and who was going to charged at a later date. Interpol would be carrying out investigations abroad.

So at the moment 15 lives have been saved from whatever there fate might have been, it seemed that it was pointing to child trafficking.

In the warehouse a container was seized which contained a few blankets and bottle of water some being empty and secretion etc.

My client’s husband was arrested at his home; it seems he was the main ring leader. Maybe he had been humping the lady but we will never know it was in deeper proverbial shit now. Extra marital exercise might have been cheaper for him in the long run. Well I got my fee:

Tim and I met for a beer or two: When we parted he said ' Thanks a lot mate I am sure you will soon stumble across something else. I smiled and went back to the office: Thinking just another day at the office:

Oh by the way remember the little girl that ran into my arms: Well Melissa and I got married and adopted TIA the little Asian girl

Here is another of my writings hope you enjoy.

HOW WAS I TO KNOW

All characters in this story are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, alive or deceased is purely coincidental:

Characters: John and Nok

It was December I could hear this noise my eyes and ears reacted to the noise the piercing noise it was my alarm, my left hand moved automatically.

I sat on the edge of my bed, looked at the clock it was 7 a.m. Why can I not get out of the habit of having an alarm go off every morning, I thought to myself? Time to change this, time to change my lifestyle, I stood up stretched took the clock and dumped it in the rubbish bin. I don’t work there is nothing to get up for no need to know the time. I had not worked for 4 years but still had the bloody alarm but not anymore.

I lived in a Condo overlooking the ocean, I opened the sliding doors to my veranda stepped out took in the humid but refreshing air this made a change from the falseness of my air-con. The sun was making an appearance; I wondered how many others were doing the same as me I looked for similarities on the verandas of other Condo’s some ladies were busy hanging out Laundry most of the other condo’s still had curtains drawn.

Looking down at the street people were busy setting up stalls ready for there daily attempt to make a few pennies motorcycles tuk tuk pick ups . Young ladies walking buying food, what had they been doing I thought well I already knew of course.

I made my bed cleaned my Condo. TV on take a look at the news same old boring input, Movies same old repeats.

Where do I live well I live in Thailand the land of my dreams. `Land of smiles’.

I had seen girlfriends over night guests and some stayed as live in partners but I was never happy 100% or they got fed up or could not adjust to living full time with a Farang.

I left the Condo to go in search of some side street food, I had my favourite eating places on the streets and the local Vendors had gotten to know me we would smile laugh and joke as I teased the young ladies who were either serving or eating after a night time of sport with some Farang.

I sat at a table on a small stool which I often thought would break one day and I would end up in a heap on the pavement. I ordered khoa Moo Deang and Café Yen.

Followed by cold coke, ladies smiled with there sleepless eyes but they still looked stunning in there shorts or skimpy working clothes hi heeled shoes all guarding there over night bags or was it the money they had made the night before for bringing a smile to some drunken Farangs face.

Yes I lived alone local lasses knew this, I had my favourites that I could ring if I wanted company, some of them would ring or text me to see if I was wanting them and some rang to genuinely see if I was okay. I knew the eye contact definition which meant that a lass was interested in you so I concentrated on my food and drink only glancing at the beauties momentarily, all those thighs and wonderfully tanned beauties well it really was no so much tanning as there natural skin colour light brown almost a caramel colour smooth skin, stop thinking or I will end up with more than breakfast, but does it matter if I did no not really, my choice, I dismissed the thought.

Take a walk around the market see if anything catches my eye, shirts shorts shoes. I stopped at one stall to look at shirts, the lass was smiling hoping I would purchase a shirt I smiled back, she looked beautiful but then they all did wearing shorts exposing slender legs and nice butt, leading to a blue `T’ shirt advertising the shape of her pert breasts. Could I be as descriptive about the many shirts hanging there well of course not? I checked the shirts smiled and walked off, she pouted with a sad look, I wondered then for some reason ended up back at the same shirt stall, I was greeted with a huge smile displaying brilliant white teeth. ` You come back handsome man for me or a shirt’? I smiled at her.

She looked about 28 yrs old and about 45/49 kilo no tattoos that were visible. `You are beautiful.’ `Thank you. There was something about her smile her looks her body language. I bought a shirt and paid; I started to leave then turned back. `Would you like to go for a meal’? `Can I have your mobile number’? I gave her my number and left thinking well if she rings okay if not never mind.

I passed the day sitting by the pool admiring other guy’s ladies and sipping cold coke, I didn’t like to drink during the day and not every night. The day passed I returned to my Condo for a shower it was 6-00 p.m. I fell asleep on the bed. I was awoken by the sound of my mobile it was the shirt girl. We spoke she didn’t finish work until 10 p.m. We arranged to meet at a local eating place we both knew.

I showered again made my self smart sprayed on some cologne took a look in the mirror and said to myself. ` You are handsome boy ‘! At least the mirror cannot answer back.

It was 10-30 p.m. when I took a table at a local sea food restaurant the I ordered a beer and watched the eye candy as it walked by. Some lasses were just wearing silk wraps similar to a dressing gown these were obviously Go Go girls going for food before performing again.. I spotted Nok it was 11-00 p.m. I went to greet her she was stunning, obviously she had been home to shower and change. Her long flowing hair glistening in the lights the minimum of make up, she didn’t need it her skin and beauty were flawless. She was wearing a short skirt showing those legs perfectly shaped and a top which left your imagination to ponder what was underneath.

We sat chatted ordered food, her English was not to bad, but with my Thai and her English we managed to get by. We spent 2 hours eating and chatting laughing I felt relaxed with her. I asked her what she wanted to do after the meal; we decided to walk by the beach. More chatting as we walked, then she slid her hand into mine I had not wanted to be forward with her as she seemed to be a normal lass and not a bar girl or Go-Go girl, although she had the figure for it.

We left the Beach she was snuggled into my arm. `It’s late now’. I said to Nok. ` Yes I have to work tomorrow can I see you again’ ` I would like that’ I took her to a motorcycle taxi. She went to get on then suddenly kissed me. ` I see you tomorrow okay’ I returned to my Condo thinking what a nice evening I had had.

I slept like a log undisturbed; I woke at 9 a. m. Wow I thought no alarm wonderful. I showered went out to eat, I could eat or cook in the Condo but for what reason when it is cheap to eat outside with a view. I ate and thought go see Nok at her shirt stall.

I walked into the market looking at stalls as I headed for hers thinking I wonder what will happen tonight, I was now feeling I wanted to make love to her, after all she was a beauty but I knew I had to have a different approach.

Her stall came into sight I saw her in the distance a young Thai man was talking to her, probably a customer I thought I held back and looked at another stall, I thought I would wait till she was not busy, then I thought bugger it why should I wait. I walked up to her stall she did not see me she was still talking to this Thai boy. `Hi Nok you okay this morning’? She started at my voice and seemed nervous. The Thai boy glared at her and seemed to be chastising her. He glared at me. `Who is this’? I asked. I am so sorry John this is my husband’.

I never went to her again at the stall.

HOW WAS I TO KNOW?

The end.

all good - a little heavy on first person style IMO.

why not try broadening it out a bit, give the "I" a name - make it 3rd person in its narrative.

Example: (from your last story) in 3rd person.

David sat on the edge of his bed, looked at the clock - it was 7 a.m., as it did the day before and the day before that.

Restlessly he thought to himself, "Why can I not get out of the habit of having an alarm go off every morning - I am not Bill Murray - today is not Groundhog day."

"Time to change this, time to change my lifestyle. I don’t work and there is nothing to get up for - no need to know the time", yawning and wondering why he still had the alarm although he hadn't worked in 4 years.

And with that he stood up, stretched, took the clock and dumped it in the rubbish bin and went downstairs to make a coffee.

Edited by bkkjames

all good - a little heavy on first person style IMO.

why not try broadening it out a bit, give the "I" a name - make it 3rd person in its narrative.

Example: (from your last story) in 3rd person.

David sat on the edge of his bed, looked at the clock - it was 7 a.m., as it did the day before and the day before that.

Restlessly he thought to himself, "Why can I not get out of the habit of having an alarm go off every morning - I am not Bill Murray - today is not Groundhog day."

"Time to change this, time to change my lifestyle. I don’t work and there is nothing to get up for - no need to know the time", yawning and wondering why he still had the alarm although he hadn't worked in 4 years.

And with that he stood up, stretched, took the clock and dumped it in the rubbish bin and went downstairs to make a coffee.

Thanks for you pointers, will test them in the future or try to absorb, I know I need to edit some of my stories.

More of my thoughts committed through the keyboard

LIFE PASSES BY THEN IT’S TO LATE

All characters in this story are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, alive or deceased is purely coincidental

How does life begin, well we all know how it begins from those people called mothers and fathers or mums and dads whichever phrase you prefer to use.

Parents do there utmost for there children as they grow up giving them the right guidance discipline and education. But this is not always the case depending on the previous lifestyles of the parents and there parents before them.

It’s a vicious circle the right things or the wrong things being passed on from ancestors. How can a child no that what he is being taught when young if his parents were taught the same way thinking this is correct.

The argument would be that if every family was the same the planet would be boring and personalities the same. But it’s the basics in a family teaching your children what is right and what is wrong, what is good and what is bad.

A child growing up in a family where crime is thought to be the normal way of life does not stand a chance in life, unless he is lucky as he grows older and realises this is not right. But then he has lost those early years of a normal family lifestyle. Statements like `Mum is where dad? ’ Do they get an honest answer no they don’t. Or `Dad where’s my mum?’ It’s too late.

Children born into a drug addicted family are either hooked when they are born or live a life of nothingness there’s no money no food, but in the corner there’s a large TV no furniture what chance do they have. Local authorities may intervene and I mean May. It’s too late.

We can’t help Human nature failed marriages children never knowing there parents mainly because the ability to communicate without friction is lost.

Look at the wider picture children all over the world. I think the numbers of children in the world that are starving and homeless are greater than those lucky ones with a stable home life.

Now there are different levels of happiness. A family may be poor but can meet there outgoings and feed there children they may not have the nice things in life as a kid, toys bicycles etc. But I have seen kids playing with a stick and inventing games they are filthy but that is the culture and they are loved and fed, whether it is just rice and fish caught that day.

Then there are the kids that have everything junk food computers bikes cars etc. but does anyone take a moment to think that bike I have or that play station how many mouths would that money have fed.

Have you ever thought how many people live on this planet that have good lifestyles and could afford lets say 100 baht or 1 dollar or £1, how many starving people and children would that feed. If every person living on this planet donated what they could afford from there pocket into one big pot for the benefit of there fellow human beings that are starving and suffering!!!

Why do we have that phrase `Food for thought’ does it mean no food no thought.

Why do governments seem to fail all the time why do governments not see the whole picture?

Here is a controversial statement or thought from me the author and it may spark a debate. But its something I have thought about for many years. I was born a Christian also looked and studied spiritualism. But I could never understand why the Holy Lands have always been at war, the one person that was born in Bethlehem yes his name was Jesus son of Mary and Joseph this person became who (how can I write this) became the most revered person on this earth, in modern times we call him the biggest superstar that ever lived.

Miracles and scriptures the prophecies. And the book of all time that so many people even today turn too. The Holy Bible depicting the greatest story ever written.

WHY I ask??

Well maybe the context of my thoughts covering several subjects will be debated.

SHORT STORIES

All characters in this story are fictitious and any resemblance to real

Persons, alive or deceased is purely coincidental

More moments from my imagination

A RUN IN THE PARK

My morning sometimes evening always started or finished with a run in the park depending on my mood and what I was doing on any particular day, today I was going at 6 am in the morning, on went the track suit and the trainers, a quick warm up which consisted of some stretching. Then off I went the park was only five minutes away from my house.

I ran through the gates that led into the park, there were other runners about embarking or attempting like me to embark on our own personal keep fit plan. There were some folks walking there dogs probably before going to work all carrying there little Doggie bags, I always used to think Yuk when I saw them. There was the park keeper picking up what litter there was from the previous day despite the signs and plentiful litter bins. It was a spring morning the sun was waking up as well just peeping through the scattered clouds as if was seeing what was happening before presenting its self fully. Other joggers would nod as they ran by others would be showing there prowess by sprinting past only to be seen later gasping for breath.

The trees were celebrating another spring by producing young green leaves and new shoots, birds were singing. This was a pleasant time of the day before to much traffic got under way. I ran past a bench there was a young woman sat on a bench at this time I didn’t think much about it I had noticed she was about 17/18 years old looked as if she had slept there the night or partied to much, wearing a bright yellow top and jeans and trainers pink in colour, I continued my run. The park was large about two kilometres in length I would run to one end then return back to where I had originally started. At the far end was another gate also giving access to the park? I reached the gate took a moment to gather myself then set off back. For some reason I was thinking about the young teenager sitting on the bench, I approached the same bench she wasn’t there, but for an empty food bag and an old newspaper. I shrugged it off and kept running, but something was bugging me for some reason I turned and went back to the bench. Had a look in the bag old French fries and the remains of a burger. I looked at the Newspaper the date told me it was from the day before. The front page headline read `Teenager raped and murdered in Local Park. I thought nothing more of it. What park I wondered as it never named the park. I continued my run went home and showered turned the TV on got some milk then heard the News about a teenager being raped and murdered in a local park then the park was named, I turned the volume up the description was of the lass I had seen that morning, but the report was for the day before. The crime had happened the day before and a body was taken to the morgue.

But I have just seen the lass in the park I thought sat on a bench, I rang the local police thinking at the time they will think I am a crack pot. I told them about the bench and the description. The officer said ` well she is in the morgue pal from the day before.’ I asked where the scene had been it was the same bench I had seen her sitting on; the officer thought I was nuts the conversation ended. I went back into the park to the bench there was nothing there, the bag and paper had gone, I found the park keeper asked him if he had moved anything from the bench. The answer was No.

So had I seen her spirit or a ghost why was there a bag and a newspaper left there and now it was gone.

So when you have a run in the park don’t believe everything you see think twice!!

ACCIDENT PRONE

My mother used to say I was an accident walking this earth but she loved me to bits never the less:

She would tell me about things that happened when I was growing up before I was old enough to remember that scared the living day lights out of her but some how I was never harmed too much.

Things like she was walking me in the pram one day but was pulling the pram behind her, when she look around to check on me I was hanging out the side of the pram the only thing holding me was my harness, she said I gave her a big baby smile.

Then the time she gave me a bottle of milk and I was shaking it the pressure blew the top off with milk going everywhere.

As I grew older I obviously can remember things that happened. Like sitting at the table and shaking a bottle of ketchup the lid flew off and tomato sauce went up the wall.

Like standing on the garden rake and the handle flew up and split my head open, but things didn’t just happen to me my presence seemed to cause others to have accidents.

As I got older I thought superstition was mumbo jumbo:

One day I walked under a ladder there was a guy painting at the top I was okay I thought mumbo jumbo, then as I walked away the guy dropped his tin of paint onto the pavement covering passer by, not my fault I am sure just a coincidence .

The very morning my mum had told me about a broken mirror bringing seven years bad luck I was playing cricket in the garden with my mates, I hit the ball straight through the window and yes you got it, it smashed the very mirror on the wall.

We went on a family picnic, mum laid the blanket out with all the food on it, we all sat on the blanket, I got up to go to the toilet or something got my foot caught in the blanket fell over taking the blanket with me and the food all over the place.

My marriage day I remember so will everyone else in the church, the bride to be had a long trail on her wonderful dress, I tripped over as we walked down the isle standing on her trail, she staggered forward bless her and the bottom of her dress fell away to the pleasure of those guys sat in the pews. It didn’t stop there, we were cutting the cake four layers there were, the knife was big to cater for the size of the cake, we both held the knife put the pressure on and the handle snapped I fell forward and lost my hands inside the bottom layer of the cake causing the rest to collapse.

Imagine being born and bringing all this excitement to your family members and others

Oh I forgot about putting the dog in the washing machine as a kid because it was raining and he left muddy prints on the carpet, well he seemed to enjoy the spin.

It’s all in my imagination letting thoughts come out on my keyboard well we all know these things do happen in reality, the only thing that relates to me the author was the hanging out the pram, shit I just knocked my coke over.

COURAGEOUS BEHAVIOUR

These are my thoughts and a tribute but also a story

The night was quiet the lights were dim, you could hear the sound of footsteps on occasions moving from one point to another then back again, you could hear the sound of monitors ticking repeatedly little neon nights flashing in unison graphs monitoring, tubes drips. You could feel restlessness but the atmosphere seemed un-complaining, there was the odd coughing and guttural noises of persons in slumber.

Occasionally an alarm would sound, the footsteps would be heard again attending the location of the alarm, then it would go quiet again. The morning would arrive more footsteps people moving with a purpose checking attending caring:

Christmas was three days away decorations were displayed ready for the festive season, seeing the decorations brought smiles to faces and hope for another year in there lives.

You see this story is about a ward for terminally ill children suffering from Cancer and how courageous these children can be. None of the staff complained and most of all none of the children complained.

One bed in particular had a 10 year old boy he had no hair from Cancer therapy treatment but always managed to smile at other children and staff. He had been in hospital longer than most of the other children in the ward, he knew what was happening to him, he knew his life would be short, but in his young body and mind he would not accept it. When other children were upset and unable to cope with there future or not understand what was happening this young boy was there talking and smiling and somehow giving in a children’s way support and smiles, in a way he had become a star on the ward, the local press had been there his demeanour was un-believable he never complained of discomfort and put the other children first.

Christmas morning arrived some children were so sick they could look but not take part in the festivities, but one thing that they all managed was a smile, the little ten year asked the nursing staff if he could visit other wards and wish patients Merry Christmas his wish was granted. He was taken in a wheelchair to wards from Intensive care to maternity and wards for the aged. His presence and words of the Festive Season brought tears to many eyes but in some way giving hope for those that were feeling down. WHY because if this young boy could endure so much then there position which was recoverable meant nothing compared to his. Even the Hospital staff had tears in there eyes for the up-lifting this young boy was giving.

Why I suddenly came up with this story at 6 am this morning I don’t know. We have heard and seen on the news of similar courageousness from young children over the years.

Again I have just thought and typed, the story is not based on previous experience or anything I have read or seen. Those parents and families who have children suffering from this terrible disease and who have lost close ones, then this is a tribute to all of them and the caring staff that help them through without faltering

Written by Macb

This was the second story from my Private eye Series

THE DEAL

The room was dark and damp there were cobwebs you could not open the window because the frame had rotted, there were dirty pots in the sink and rotting food on the table.

Who had lived here I thought to myself a recluse a down and out or a squatter. I would never know, I had been told to go to this room and wait. I looked at my watch 11-00 hours I set the locked attaché case down on the floor this seemed to be the only clean place despite the mess on the floor and accumulated dust.

I wished I had brought a tin if air freshener with me. I sat on a chair having cleaned it the best I could.

I was told I would receive a mobile call at 1600 hours.

For self preservation I had a .38 Magnum tucked in the back of my jeans and a knife inside my boot. The hours ticked by 1530 hours mobile rang. ` You got the money’ a voice said. `Yes, I replied, 1600 hours a knock on the door quick check gun in place and knife. I opened the door in came three men the main guy I had seen many times he had a diamond on one of his teeth that sparkled if he smiled the two minders were thick set and looked the part one of them had an ugly scar on his left cheek. The minders were always packing a piece that was the reason I had purchased a piece for myself, a self preservation move it made me feel a bit more secure.

The main guy placed an attaché case on the table having swept the rubbish off onto the floor flicked the catches on the case, there it was white heaven I tested one of the bags, confirmed authentic narcotic. One of the minders checked a bunch of notes, without a word they left with the money.

I was pleased to leave the crap room I had waited in, I got into my car and drove, now I had to just deliver the goods, I drove for 1 hour then let the main high way onto a dirt road after a mile or two a large house came into view, as I approached the gates they opened automatically. I was met as I parked my car by an orderly and led to the door. This house was palatial large wooden ornate doors made in teak the main hall had a marble floor there was a winding stair case in marble chandeliers `hung from the ceiling sparkling windows in stained glass.

I was ushered into a study sat at a desk was the receiver of the attaché case smoking a large Cuban cigar and wearing a smoking jacket. He looked up never spoke. I placed the case on the floor next to him. He reached across the desk spoke into the intercom, a man arrived later opened the case and tested the contents, and indicated all okay, the receiver opened the desk drawer without saying a word and handed me a wad of money my fee for making the deal I left.

I drove back to my apartment nothing spectacular but comfortable and affordable I went to the fridge took a cold beer relaxed in the front of the TV thinking well another successful pick up and delivery without hic-up.

Why I was in this situation you might be thinking well let me enlighten you, it was 3 year earlier I had my own car sales company, but poor creditors and a drop in the car sales market my company got in a mess the bank would not help but were sending threatening letters. I made the mistake of going to a loan shark and borrowing money the interest was ridiculous I took to the bottle that made things worse then I could not meet the payments to the loan shark. To borrow more money from them they said I had to help them out by pick up and delivery of parcels, I later found out it was narcotics. Now my company has gone and I have no choice but to follow this route until the debt is cleared if I don’t the other choice is concrete boots.

I am off the bottle now but I wonder if I will ever clear the debt, this is not a small narcotic situation but a major syndicate and you don’t mess with them. They think nothing to sending a bad payer to his maker. I sometimes wonder if local Police are on the take as well, but its best to keep your eyes and mouth shut I don’t have a choice.

What happens is I receive a call that gives three location points money collection narcotic collection location and delivery point I just do it so far there has not been anything hair raising although my adrenalin flows on each collect and I get a back hander but its only enough to meet my outgoings and to feed me, in turn they reduce my debt but it seems to be two feet forward and three feet back. Will I ever be free its my own doing the situation I am in or will one job go wrong sometime and I will be someone’s memory.

Sometimes it would be days before I got a call it was a waiting game I had no choice.

I got the call the message was Dock side Warehouse ‘C’ 2200 hours next night and delivery to the Diamond Tooth Customer.

Next day I stood on my apartment balcony overlooking the city I had not slept to good the night before it was early, the sun was attempting to emit its power over the city through the haze of city exhaust pollution and expelled emissions from local industry, buildings looked ghostly it was an eerie yet in a way a picture painting scene. You could see traffic and people on there daily missions moving from A to B and at the end of the day they will travel from B to A and so the same picture would be there the next day.

2100 hrs I got ready checked my piece and set off for the docks I had plenty of time as the docks were not that far away driving drinking coke and eating burger on the seat next to me. En-route I saw the usual motor that handed over the money I pulled up next to the vehicle the window opened and I was handed an attaché case I drove off. The dock entrance had a displayed map showing locations of warehouses I scoured and found the location of the warehouse I wanted.

I drove through rows of containers stacked sky high either awaiting shipment or for dispatch, different colours in the dim light of the dock blues reds greens, I wondered momentarily why different colours was it a customs ruling I probably would never know the answer.

I located the warehouse there didn’t seem to be any activity, there were two very large double doors, I dimmed my lights as I got nearer looking for an indication of presence. A torch light flashed through the doors then they slowly opened I drove into the warehouse it was in darkness. Then I saw that familiar figure in the shadows it was Scar face one of diamond tooth’s minders. I parked up scanned the area something felt different but I could not put my finger on it.

A limo drove towards me from the other end of this vast warehouse and stopped short of my vehicle, for some reason I checked my piece a sixth sense was telling me something wrong, the hairs stood up on my neck at this point. A man got out of the limo it was not diamond tooth as I called him names were never mentioned so this was my way of identifying in my own mind. This guy was tall thick set wearing an expensive leather long coat (A bit like Steven Segal wears in his movies) and a pony tail, what the hel_l is going on here I never seen this guy before in the time I had been making pick-ups and deliveries.

Suddenly my door was opened by scar face he grabbed my neck with a powerful hand and dragged me out, I noticed three more men obviously minders get out the limo all packing pieces (guns). I could only comply there were too many and I had never used my gun before, this was answered I was patted down and my piece removed I was dragged and sat on a chair; scar face went to my car and got the attaché case it was placed in the limo.

I felt a searing pain on the back of my neck then it went dark. I stirred putting my hand to my neck I felt like I had been hit with a sledge hammer. I got my eyes to focus it was dark I saw the shadow of my car but the limo was gone.

Panic set in this had been a heist the money was gone and I had no drugs I pulled myself to my feet got to the car left the warehouse. Scar face must have double crossed diamond tooth I didn’t know what to think, it would be a matter of time before the heavies came to see me in my room. I felt like my life was in the balance at this moment.

I arrived at my apartment parked the car, took the lift to my floor walked along the corridor and stopped the door to my apartment was slightly open, I had no piece shit, do I run or what my thought were answered for me the door opened two men came out and stood there.

I recognised these guys they were from the main body of the Cartel who I owed so much money too, concrete boots was the first thing that passed through my mind. I had no choice but to keep walking into my room, I was expecting to be man handled or roughed up but it had not happened so far.

Once I got into my room there was the main man the big boss who I owed money too sat there he gestured me to sit down he was in his sixties and had one eye receding hair and one earring but wore an expensive ‘Omega’ watch He told me to give him the whole story of what went wrong this I did with a small piece of relief in my mind at this stage.

If I ever get out of this mess I am never going back to this situation even if in the future if it commanded money to lavishly live on.

The main man and his henchmen left, I sat back in my chair relieved but apprehensive for my future, you see the big boss had devised a plan to get his money back the only problem was I was going to be the main player or the goat as one might say.

There would be a next money delivery but the plan was going to set up scar faces new man the one with the ponytail I was also wondering why there was not a gang war so speak but although these big drug Cartels had the might and power to go to war with each other. These is a world of drugs tied up in huge money but also properties and people, commerce run by drug money, so opposition who disobey the rules can be hurt in many different ways but it does not rule out violence on occasions

All I knew was I had to make a usual delivery I was told no more now this was making me nervous.

I stood on my balcony next morning the same scene city clouded in a haze the sun fighting a momentary battle to shower its rays over the city. I looked down to the main street people looked like small digits but how I wished I was some unrecognised digit with a normal job and a family struggling to meet there outgoings but happy never the less.

Two days later I was to meet the car pick up a attaché case and go to an old orphanage for the usual exchange, I could not eat could not sleep what the hel_l is the main man planning in his eyes I was expendable, I had to get my self a new piece, I made some phone calls to contacts on the black market I decided to up-grade to a better piece not that this would solve my present situation but mentally it made me feel more protected.

The day came it was 0600 hours I set off met the vehicle collected the attaché case and drove off I had gone about 200 metres there was a sudden explosion I looked in my re-view mirror the car I had just met was engulfed in flames, shit thoughts flooded my mind I am being watched followed, someone knew what was going down but I didn’t shit panic in my mind.

I kept driving thinking checking my review mirror which motor was it following me every time I checked my mirror the picture changed. I knew my survival was in someone else’s hands I was expendable. Can there be a miracle in my life I thought can I change the rules in my favour a hopeless thought.

I kept driving mind numb what will be will be this is my own situation I am in my fault survival or extinction. Another 10 minutes and I will be nearing the orphanage about 5 miles from town and isolated it had been closed for 5 years and stood in its own grounds why no one else had purchased it as a development I don’t know.

Through the entrance there was a long drive way, time seemed to go on hold and I was taking in the beauty rows of trees in full bloom different shades of green rhododendrons lined the roadside amongst the trees pinks whites blues. I spotted a squirrel running up a large oak tree rabbits scampering through the trees. Take it all in I thought you may never see this scene again.

I had noticed before faces I had seen were no longer on the scene, but I am thankful at the moment I am not one of them. Thoughts how much is in the attaché case I never knew I just did my job hoping one day it will resolve my predicament.

The orphanage was in view a large building with double front doors it looked Elizabethan in theme from the chimneys on the roof and ornate windows covered in dust from the 5 years lying dormant. But the lawns and gardens were maintained obviously hoping there might be a buyer one day.

The car park was set amongst large oak trees I parked sat and waited to see what happens next, it seemed ages nothing I waited I didn’t want to go to the front doors I was nervous now. I checked my watch 10 minutes I have sat here nothing no sign of activity what the hel_l is happening is this a time bomb situation a stand off or after the explosion things have changed.

30 minutes I am still sat waiting for something to happen: Then I heard wheels on the gravel. Three limos coming up the drive thoughts of mine there must have been a re-think. They stopped my car was about 250 metres away in the car park they stopped in front of the main entrance, out One eye and his henchman then diamond tooth from the next car and finally the knew guy with the pony tail. God this is a main meet but what about me and the attaché case. Minders were visibly packing pieces and Khock and Heckler pieces.

This could be a blood bath if someone gets itchy fingers I thought. One eye had lost a car already and its occupants. The three main guys were exchanging words Diamond tooth pointed to scar face his body movement told me he was not happy with his man moving his loyalty, suddenly there is a short burst of gun fire from Diamond tooth’s other man scar face drops to the ground, this is ugly or a cleansing a punishment for him being disloyal or part of the plan a power game scar face never moved his life ebbed away.

I still sat in the car had they forgotten me had they seen me I wasn’t exactly visible in the trees surrounding the car-park wait I thought as they are controlling things I am just a prawn in the bigger game.

I hour they are still talking then I see one of pony tails guys go to the limo and come out with an attaché case his man handed it to the main guys men it was opened but I didn’t know if it was money or drugs. Then suddenly a burst of gun fire again from Diamond tooth’s team pony tail dropped to the ground dead instantly. I see the big picture now pony tail had come on scene from out of town and tried to exert his power over Diamond tooth and One eye, now it’s my turn I thought after they have done there cleansing. I slunk down in my seat can they see me I thought in the trees. Nothing they still exchanged words. The attaché case must have been the deceased ponytail repaying for his mistake I thought.

A sudden thought had it gone wrong did they think I never got the money from the pick up car thinking it was destroyed in the blast was the bomb on a timer maybe I was not watched or followed. I waited. Then Diamond tooth and One eye got into one limo with some of there minders the remainder got into the other two limos they started to leave. Halfway down the drive BOOM another explosion shit it’s the car the bosses were in nothing left but flames and a huge fireball. The remaining car took off a great speed. I had not been seen I still had an attaché case with the contents panic it’s a bomb I got out the car and ran hid in the trees leaving my car and attaché case I waited. How long, it won’t be long before police and everyone else arrives, although the place is isolated someone must have heard the explosion.

I waited 15 mins nothing. Make a decision you fool make a decision stop floundering. I moved cautiously towards my car expecting to be blown away any minute but nothing I could smell burning flesh and fuel fumes on the wind. I got into my car and drove sweat pouring down my face from nervousness of the unexpected.

I drove and drove don’t go to my room dangerous dump the car change the plates or something they will soon be after me I thought.

Hang on moment lets think sensibly and rationally three main guys in the game had gone so who is more powerful the guy I owed money to was deceased did this mean my debt was as well these loans from this guys are not logged legally.

I drove for 5 hours away from the city booked into a hotel showered sat down exhausted took a beer from the fridge. The attaché was sat on the table I starred at it I need to see what’s inside is it still a bomb that will blow when I open it.

The case was locked I took a deep breath got my knife out and worked at the lock it took ages, I made a mess of the locks but suddenly one sprang then the other from my abuse I stood back waited nothing happened I slowly opened the case, then fell back into the chair then went back to look at the contents wads of notes my god I thought there must be quarter a million notes here.

Where is my life now well I am sat amongst palm trees drinking pina colada? In my hacienda with a beautiful tanned girl on my lap swimming pool luxury motor on the drive. Money in the bank well what do you think.

‘The Deal ‘well life has its twists and turns but when you’re down sometimes destiny is on your side:

The End

Doesn't this belong in the Blog section with the rest of us who can spell and string a few words together?

Well I did seek advice from a Mod and this place was suggested, but this location does not command many viewers I suspect.

Doesn't this belong in the Blog section with the rest of us who can spell and string a few words together?

Well I did seek advice from a Mod and this place was suggested, but this location does not command many viewers I suspect.

Sadly there are more whiners and hecklers than readers and thinkers frequenting these pages. Good luck with your stories and hope you can find some thoughtful readers, wherever you post them.

I just went to the Blog Forum, clicked on create a blog read the rules clicked okay clicked next and the next page said oooops this page does not exist. Seems like a Blog is a good place for my writings.

BUT ???? Canmot access