Post Office Problem Item Stolen

saintofsilence

About 8 days ago I sent a small package from one of the postal shops in a tesco store to Australia , unfortunately not all the goods arrived and a 1 GB ( about 1000 thb ) usb thumb drive had been taken out of the package some where between the tesco post office shop and the post office in Australia.

I know its not a big thing but is so annoying that people do this and I have read many times on TV that a lot of mail goes missing but I cant recall people having items removed and the package resealed before.

well just to anyone out there be careful with the post

Edited by saintofsilence

About 8 days ago I sent a small package from one of the postal shops in a tesco store to Australia , unfortunately not all the goods arrived and a 1 GB ( about 1000 thb ) usb thumb drive had been taken out of the package some where between the tesco post office shop and the post office in Australia.

I know its not a big thing but is so annoying that people do this and I have read many times on TV that a lot of mail goes missing but I cant recall people having items removed and the package resealed before.

should have said 16gb not that it matters

Next time use registered mail. Inexpensive, and since the parcel has to be signed for everytime it changes hands, pilfering much less likely.

Wouldn't really help in this case as the missing item was taken from the package and then packet was resealed. :D

The package arrived and was signed for.

:)

Is it at all possible that the package was broken, torn, somewhere enroute, the thumb drive fell out, and the postal folks just resealed the package?

My sister sends me a monthly pouch of magazines, bills, sometimes a small flat hard item or three in a semi hard pouch. Quite often the pouch arrives torn. Long ago I mentioned this to her so she now puts the contents inside a plastic bag which will survive such tears. See attached, where someone resealed the pouch.

Mac

post-32650-1243594205_thumb.jpg

Next time use registered mail. Inexpensive, and since the parcel has to be signed for everytime it changes hands, pilfering much less likely.

Wouldn't really help in this case as the missing item was taken from the package and then packet was resealed. :D

How do you know it was signed for?

How do you know it was signed for?

Well Yes Ok! The answer was in response to "sabaijai" who said using registered mail would eleminate the problem. Fact is if the parcel arrives and is signed for who knows what is missing from inside at the time of signing?

:D