New Townhouse Developments

we bought one of these houses and they are OK for the price can't remember exactly how much it was but the exchange rate was good and we now rent it out for two grand a year which is a pretty good return...we also got a free scooter lol...there were no problems dealing with the development company and we bought the place outright, very simple all done and dusted within a couple of days...I think it was about 860 000 thb for the final price....cheap as chips

Certainly you made a mistake when you said you get "two grand a year". If true, that would be a terrible return. Did you mean two grand a month?

Even at $2000 USD a year, that's not bad if you think about it. What bank will give you a rate where you can make $2000 a year off of $25,000. Or maybe I need to find better banks?

Though, most of the ones I looked at were renting for about 10k baht a month, so that's about $3400 USD a year. Really, on a 25k USD investment, that's not bad, especially if you have a few of them. It all adds up.

we bought one of these houses and they are OK for the price can't remember exactly how much it was but the exchange rate was good and we now rent it out for two grand a year which is a pretty good return...we also got a free scooter lol...there were no problems dealing with the development company and we bought the place outright, very simple all done and dusted within a couple of days...I think it was about 860 000 thb for the final price....cheap as chips

Certainly you made a mistake when you said you get "two grand a year". If true, that would be a terrible return. Did you mean two grand a month?

have you heard of anyone renting a place for 2000thb a year? lol I meant approx 2000 gbp a year and the fella pays yearly no hassle...:)

Thankyou, thats about as clear as mud!! :)

Whats not clear Lenny?

I am trying to see what kind of "townhouse" you can own "farang freehold" show me please!

I assume it is a horizontal strata title arrangement with the same theoretical restrictions as with condos - ie you can't build whatever you want or do much of anything without approval of the managing body etc - you buy a portion of a pre-existing larger building/project (condo/townhouse/villa), you have free access to common areas, but you don't technically own the land, and the land is not broken into individual titles.

There may or may not be a requirement that the buildings are actually physically connected - some countries seem to have similar arrangements in place in gated communities where there are stand alone houses.

Even at $2000 USD a year, that's not bad if you think about it. What bank will give you a rate where you can make $2000 a year off of $25,000. Or maybe I need to find better banks?

Though, most of the ones I looked at were renting for about 10k baht a month, so that's about $3400 USD a year. Really, on a 25k USD investment, that's not bad, especially if you have a few of them. It all adds up.

yeah it is an Ok investment but we are not planning to buy any more property in Thailand for the time being...eggs in the same basket and all that

Thankyou, thats about as clear as mud!! :)

Whats not clear Lenny?

I am trying to see what kind of "townhouse" you can own "farang freehold" show me please!

I assume it is a horizontal strata title arrangement with the same theoretical restrictions as with condos - ie you can't build whatever you want or do much of anything without approval of the managing body etc - you buy a portion of a pre-existing larger building/project (condo/townhouse/villa), you have free access to common areas, but you don't technically own the land, and the land is not broken into individual titles.

There may or may not be a requirement that the buildings are actually physically connected - some countries seem to have similar arrangements in place in gated communities where there are stand alone houses.

Yepp

Minimum 10 units connected, to be condo in LOS

Hi Lenny

Bahtsold.com, ad #38348 Townhouse Boat Lagoon, Phuket. This is how the condominium farang freehold townhouses look like. SQM price for resale like 60k?

Thanks for that, not shy with the prices there!!! :)

Hi Lenny

Bahtsold.com, ad #38348 Townhouse Boat Lagoon, Phuket. This is how the condominium farang freehold townhouses look like. SQM price for resale like 60k?

Thanks for that, not shy with the prices there!!! :)

Not shy at all. Actually seen them at 12 mill. But its a nice project with docks and boat mooring.