What Type Of Bike Would You Like To Ride The Most?

What style of bike do you prefer?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old School GPZ 1100 in Red

I used to club race bikes in the 80,s in the UK .

I was close to going to look for a GPZ 550 but a 1085 (Wiesco) GS1000 came along and I could,nt say no.

Followed by hours of cursing it in a couple hospitals.

Before this I had two great years open , club racing an X7.

Where is it now?

Thanks for the GPZ photo.

Brings back loads of memories.

Farmers are the salt of the earth.......my entire Thai family are farmers and sure would put use some the bikes pictured here.

Belt drive or not.

So whats yer bike Dave Boo,,,or you dont do bikes?

Just comment on comments?

I'm just a poor husband to a farmer.....only have a CBR 150R and a Kawi Ninja 250. I do sometimes take the old (as in no oil in the forks, all plastic panels missing) Nova 2 stroke down to the corner store.....great for staying in shape. Further up in the thread you can see the bike I'd like.

Stock handlebars are 10.5 inches tall,I'd like to go to 12" there very comfortable as is, I can see if you go to 16" plus that's when the would be dangerous/ awkward to turn. In that pic the bars look about 16"

As for ridiculous well to each their own, I've never slagged off anyone's bike or taste in bikes, not gonna start now

Soihok, What is it with you and bleedin' farmers???? Go brush yer Hair jeeeez :)

Hhhhmmm thanks for that Dave.

Horses for courses.

I wouldn,t laugh on the way past ,,,,honest

Your source of bemusement is of no concern to my general well being. A person of your posting history commenting on a tongue in cheek remark says much about the value you place on reputation inside of forums.

Uni Track.

I was looking for GPz 550 with twin shocks.................good grief I feel old now.

post-8817-1243941666_thumb.jpg

FB I have just spent a year of abuse in the Football forum,,supporting Sheff United on line has left me in need of help because of those West Ham supporters,,,no no no not the trousers...I,m a tea pot I,m a tea pot

Edited by soihok

• 2 weeks later...

- Last year we traded my wife's older Yamaha Elegance for the Yamaha 135cc X1R, which was fun to ride. But a couple of months ago I bought a brand new Air Blade for my wife with the red/white "Phoenix" paint scheme. Beautiful bike, and a good one for her, or when the two of us want to go someplace. Even with both of us on it, we can still cruse at 100 kph without trouble. A week later I bought a brand new Honda CBR 150 for myself. Wife loves it, but isn't crazy about riding the pillion because it's narrow and hard on her cute little butt. As for me, I love it! I'm only 5'9", and 150 lbs, so it's a perfect "fit" for me. Extremely fast, great at passing slower traffic, even when I'm already doing 100 kph, and very comfortable. It will weave in/out of city traffic almost as easy as the Air Blade, but really comes into it's own once you hit the highway and twist the throttle.

post-82655-1244717874_thumb.jpg

post-82655-1244718721_thumb.jpg

post-82655-1244718917_thumb.jpg

My favourite bike to ride so far has got to be my late Kwak ZX12R, fast, big, blue, and it just felt safe to be on it. Thais were also scared of it because of its size... I loved it...

I will try to find a picture of it and post it here on Monday.

What bikes do you like? Any special bikes that you have been on for a few minutes and just loved/hated?

A sports tourers are cool. You've got the stability and control to just load up and get going.

Hate bikes with half-farings and 'naked' bikes. Something for the posing peters. :)

If I were rich, it'd be the BMW R1200 GS Adventure:

R%201200%20ADV.jpg

After that would be the Transalp:

honda%20transalp.jpg

Or it's close sibling the Africa Twin:

Honda%20XRV%20750%20Africa%20Twin%2002.jpg

But the bike that really makes my heart pump is the Versys. I could pull all the parts off my ER6n and switch them over. Why Kawasaki Thailand can't pull their heads out of their butts and offer this bike instead of the ER6n in is beyond me.

w544h408_0000034049BDDDDF.jpg

big_kawasaki_versys_2009_01.jpg

Yea, I think the majority of ER6n owners right now purchased the "N" because what they really wanted wasn't available. The ER6n is doing so well because it drew people from both camps, sportbike and dualsport riders. When the "F" comes out you're going to see lots of people dumping their ER6n's and buying the "F". But there are a lot of owners like myself that aren't really sportbike people and would rather have a Versys.

Woohoo! One hundred posts! :):D

Edited by HTWoodson

If I were rich, it'd be the BMW R1200 GS Adventure:

R%201200%20ADV.jpg

After that would be the Transalp:

honda%20transalp.jpg

Or it's close sibling the Africa Twin:

Honda%20XRV%20750%20Africa%20Twin%2002.jpg

But the bike that really makes my heart pump is the Versys. I could pull all the parts off my ER6n and switch them over. Why Kawasaki Thailand can't pull their heads out of their butts and offer this bike instead of the ER6n in is beyond me.

w544h408_0000034049BDDDDF.jpg

big_kawasaki_versys_2009_01.jpg

The Kawasaki Versys is an incredible good bike.

Its name Versys (versitile system) is a perfect combination of riding styles and road use.

In Europe this bike has had a certain success but not a smashing one.

I too do not understand why Kawa Thailand has no plan to bring it on to our availability here.

Money will be the main reason but....when are they going to give up this policy and finally introduce real bikes in this Country?

Frank V |