Govt To Spend Bt63 Billion To Develop Deep South

Pattani - Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said Friday that the government would spend about Bt63 billion to develop the deep South in the four-year development plan starting this year.

He was speaking to government officials after he was briefed on the latest situation in the deep South at the Internal Security Operations Command Region 4.

Suthep said the development project is aimed at increasing income for the local people.

The development projects include developments of deserted farmland.

Local people would also encourage to grow palm trees and the Energy Ministry would set up biodiesel plants from palm oil, Suthep said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/30103...op-deep-South-inationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 29/05/09

This is something that I have been shouting for many years.

Now if the money is truly spent on this purpose, southern problem can be resolved.

I was always of view and expressed it at many conferences and discussions that the problem in south is about their economy and ethnicity and not the religion.

Hope this will bring more peace in the south and everywhere else. :)

This is something that I have been shouting for many years.

Now if the money is truly spent on this purpose, southern problem can be resolved.

I was always of view and expressed it at many conferences and discussions that the problem in south is about their economy and ethnicity and not the religion.

Hope this will bring more peace in the south and everywhere else. :)

Geographically/demographically exactly where is the deep south.. Hat Yai to Trang? , Satun ?.....south??? Anyone know??