Childrens Football

Hi, my 6 year old son loves playing football, he presently goes to football coaching and spends most of his time at home kicking a ball around , we can't find anything out about this on koh samui. Does anyone know if he can continue his hobby when he lives here

Thanks

Edited by chelford67

The only time I see kids play football is around 5pm, when loads of Thais use every bit of even levelled dust square to play the game.

AFAIK there's nothing organised here. Get a good wall against your house and he can practice on that wall or if he finds some friends quickly, he can kick around with them.

AFAIK=as far as I know

Cheers!

thanks...

maybe i could work on finding someone to set up a team? though possibly will have to be short games due to the heat - i believe its very hot at the moment unlike here in the uk where it is very cold at the moment ... brrrrr!!!!!

Edited by chelford67

Hi Chelford,

You'll find that all over the island, mainly older guys around 15 to 10, will play around or after 5pm, due to the heat. No one in his right mind will start playing before that time.

Hi Limbos

I find it hard enough walking in the heat let alone doing anything sporty lol. Is the heat something that you get used to when you live there, I know I will never get used to it completely, but worry a little about the children. One of the good things about it is that I will save a fortune on buying different sets of clothes/shoes to accomodate all the weather changes. :o

Debbie

Edited by chelford67

You do get used to it to a certain degree. At least after two years I found it "cold" at night come december.

To deal with the heat and mainly the dehydration, I drink one sachet of electrolyte beverage powder each day.

You do get used to it to a certain degree. At least after two years I found it "cold" at night come december.

To deal with the heat and mainly the dehydration, I drink one sachet of electrolyte beverage powder each day.

I'll remember that piece of advice and its good to know you felt cold :D

I can't access my email account to view new messages at the moment - don't know what is going on, it opens up and is a blank blue page with a few icons on that I don't recognise as being there before - the wonders of computers :o